• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Preorder? Never again. Cash shop? Not a dime.

183 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

These arguments are among the stupidest ones floating here. Ever game you ever try that has a charge to it is non-refundable once you break the seal or log in for the first time. The only difference is they locked in the pre-order beta players. That was a bit dirty as some would have cancelled.

Dunno about your Country but we have Costumer rights even for Digital Goods, it's not possible for them to take your right for a refund away no matter what especially if you couldn't even try the release version.... Their Eula is meaningless for us cause it's overwritten by the actual Law

Edited by Asmodeus

Posted

Sure, if it ever releases this century.

It will. I predict 2018-2019 full content release. 2016-2017 Campaign + Persistence Alpha.

Posted

Sure, if it ever releases this century.

You'll be able to play it when you retire, which...if you live in the U.S. will probably be never.

1 person likes this

Posted

Really? You should check the P2P server then, 6 dollars per months with much cheaper price in CS and more benefits than I would have paid this game with value of over 200 dollars.

DO u even know why it is 6$ a month?? Coz their salary is so fckin low, thats why they have cheap games.

1 person likes this

Posted

Then don't pre-order and wait for the game to be out next time?

Cry more.

Posted

HOTS skins are $10. They come in 3 colour schemes with purchase, and some even alter your spell effects at no additional charge.  They are not $32 with dyes being separate additional purchases. Most western games have purely cosmetic/service cash shops, most Korean games put stats on cash shop items. Sub games don't make you pay money for convenience items because they're all available through in game play. A B2P western game should not be putting stats on items, and they should be priced similar to other west games.

HOTS there are about 30 characters, they expect you to pay $10-15(the epic skins are $15) for each skin, add it up. You would be paying way, way, way more for that game than BDO if you want all our characters to look cool. Mounts are $10-20 each also. 7 day stimpack $4... 

Sub games do make you pay for stuff hahaha. Check right here - 
https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/game/wow  Its $10 a pet, $30 a mount. $15 appearance change, and more!!! So you buy WOW, buy expansion, pay $15 a month and still the cash shop is just as expensive if you want cool stuff.....

Posted

Eh I'm perfectly happy with my conquerer's pack and will buy cash shop items.  I enjoy this game and think it's beautifully made, so I don't mind paying more for extremely intricate, fully dyeable costumes.  Don't worry, I'll cover what you can't buy honey. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

It only tells you how greedy companies have become.

In older days a lot more MMOs had open beta, or 7 day play for free option.

It was just way easier to get in the beta's pre wow if you were a computer person. 

Posted

Not when I as a player:

1. Have to practically beg the publisher to update me on fundamental information regarding a core aspect of the game, being the cash shop pricing. 
  2. Have to sign a non-refund agreement before accessing a beta, only to find out that the promised cash model could not be farther from the truth. 
  3. Have to pay an entry fee for a game which is F2P in other regions.

I was naive because what i saw on the KR server gave me the confidence to open my wallet. What a great game, the graphical fidelity, the sandbox experience, immersion and so much more.

You got my 50 bucks. You better not spend it all at once because there aint any more where that came from. 

Sincerely, 

A gamer who considers the value of investing in a game in the long term.

EDIT: I don't know why people are saying goodbye? I'm not going anywhere.

Lol please tell me what game does the publisher reply to everyone's questions?

the cash shop in KR is 80$ for a full outfit so idk what your talking about there.

and its buy the box is to stop trolls and spammers and all that bad stuff that makes games bad. and 99% of the community wanted it that way.

1 person likes this

Posted

Dunno about your Country but we have Costumer rights even for Digital Goods, it's not possible for them to take your right for a refund away no matter what especially if you couldn't even try the release version.... Their Eula is meaningless for us cause it's overwritten by the actual Law

And all they gotta do is fly to Denmark who doesn't give a damn about other countries laws.

Posted (edited)

DO u even know why it is 6$ a month?? Coz their salary is so fckin low, thats why they have cheap games.

And thats also the reason why key-stores exists. But some people just don't get it.

Edited by Calavera

Posted

And all they gotta do is fly to Denmark who doesn't give a damn about other countries laws.

Or China, they probably already have B1ack Desert released because "we dunno wat copyright is in mandarin"

Posted

Not when I as a player:

1. Have to practically beg the publisher to update me on fundamental information regarding a core aspect of the game, being the cash shop pricing. 
  2. Have to sign a non-refund agreement before accessing a beta, only to find out that the promised cash model could not be farther from the truth. 

I was naive because what i saw on the KR server gave me the confidence to open my wallet. What a great game, the graphical fidelity, the sandbox experience, immersion and so much more.

You got my 50 bucks. You better not spend it all at once because there aint any more where that came from. 

Sincerely, 

As much as I'm angry about the price tag, I wait for DAUM to enlight us with a price revision. We wait for an official answer before things go hot.

Posted

Or China, they probably already have B1ack Desert released because "we dunno wat copyright is in mandarin"

I just read the billing comes out of Denmark.

Posted

As much as I'm angry about the price tag, I wait for DAUM to enlight us with a price revision. We wait for an official answer before things go hot.

There's always a chance they wont revise them at all, cause ppl at launch will buy overpriced costumes anyway.

Posted

Eh I'm perfectly happy with my conquerer's pack and will buy cash shop items.  I enjoy this game and think it's beautifully made, so I don't mind paying more for extremely intricate, fully dyeable costumes.  Don't worry, I'll cover what you can't buy honey. :)

Fools and their money are soon parted "honey" :)  Some people have more disposable income than others, I know your intention was to insult others while trying to make yourself feel better than them; yet all you really did was show how sad and pathetically immature you are. You have a wonderful day :) 

2 people like this

Posted

There's always a chance they wont revise them at all, cause ppl at launch will buy overpriced costumes anyway.

That's when the community strikes back again. But I hope they will consider our rants.

Posted

Not when I as a player:

Sincerely, 

I don't get it....

1. Daum announced the cash shop prices when CBT2 went live. They also mentioned just recently that they're willing to adjust the pricing. Obviously that doesn't mean that the final prices will be any different from what we've seen in CBT2, but at least they're acknowledging the fact that people aren't happy.

2. I agree. On the other hand, you could have researched the cash shop prices before signing the agreement...

3. The "entry fee" was announced long before the final beta test started. There's a reason they changed the business model to B2P for the western audience.

Saying that you're going to stay even though you're obviously regretting your purchase makes you look like a troll. At the end of the day it's your fault for not researching the business model before putting down your 50 bucks.

Posted (edited)

HOTS there are about 30 characters, they expect you to pay $10-15(the epic skins are $15) for each skin, add it up. You would be paying way, way, way more for that game than BDO if you want all our characters to look cool. Mounts are $10-20 each also. 7 day stimpack $4... 
Sub games do make you pay for stuff hahaha. Check right here - 
https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/game/wow  Its $10 a pet, $30 a mount. $15 appearance change, and more!!! So you buy WOW, buy expansion, pay $15 a month and still the cash shop is just as expensive if you want cool stuff.....

Nobody buys 30 costumes in HOTS, just like nobody buys 30 costumes in an MMO. Stim packs are stupid (IMO) but levelling doesn't really do anything in the game so people can waste their money if they want.

Yes, sub games have in recent years been offering cosmetics cash shop too (and admittedly things are moving into more questionable territory).

Nevertheless, things like appearance/race change, server transfer or name change are perfectly legitimate things to charge money for (show me a game that doesn't). Pets and mounts are on there, but the cash shop items are outnumbered by in game alternatives about 100:1. There are more than enough cool things in the game (by an immense margin) to forgive an occasional cool thing on the cash shop.

Your statement is not revelatory. All it does is show that you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

Edited by Gungan

Posted

I don't get it....

1. Daum announced the cash shop prices when CBT2 went live. They also mentioned just recently that they're willing to adjust the pricing. Obviously that doesn't mean that the final prices will be any different from what we've seen in CBT2, but at least they're acknowledging the fact that people aren't happy.

2. I agree. On the other hand, you could have researched the cash shop prices before signing the agreement...

3. The "entry fee" was announced long before the final beta test started. There's a reason they changed the business model to B2P for the western audience.

Saying that you're going to stay even though you're obviously regretting your purchase makes you look like a troll. At the end of the day it's your fault for not researching the business model before putting down your 50 bucks.

Source on them saying they are willing to adjust the pricing? 

Posted

Source on them saying they are willing to adjust the pricing? 

They didn't say that they just generally wanted to look into it they are avoiding the topic all together as best as possible so far.

Posted

If any of this is a big surprise to you, then you haven't been paying much attention lately. At this point the question isn't if the cash shop is pay to win, it's is it too much pay to win for you. I have played enough MMO's to know that there is no such thing as a purely cosmetic cash shop. Games always start out as less pay to win and then gradually increase. The trend only goes one way. They released the cash shop prices in beta as sort of a trial balloon to see what people had to say. It would not surprise me if they reduced some prices slightly as sort of a nod and some good PR. This is business and advertising so buyer beware and do some research if you are on the fence. Of course they are doing everything they can go get in as much money as they can right from the start because that is how MMO's work now. The first month is always the best month and then it drops off after that. I have not seen any game in a long time increase in player base one year past launch. Once you understand the cycle and the strategy then you just make an informed decision on how much to spend. Don't bother looking for a game where you will still be playing 5 years from now. Those days are long past. 

There is a game purely F2P, although it is not an MMORPG, and that game is Path of Exile. Cash shop is PURELY cosmetic. You won't gain any bit of advantage from having cash shop items. Yet the game is prosperous for years now.

Posted

These arguments are among the stupidest ones floating here. Ever game you ever try that has a charge to it is non-refundable once you break the seal or log in for the first time. The only difference is they locked in the pre-order beta players. That was a bit dirty as some would have cancelled.

Thats so far from the truth. In todays modern western gaming society you have atleast 72 hours to return the game after you've started it for the first time. The only exceptions to this is if you buy it in a store (who the ----- does that these days?) where you have up to 30 days return policy aslong as the package is unopened. And this isnt some random thing that applies to a few games, it applies to almost every single game in Steam, Origin and whatever other gaming softwares there are.

So putting a non-refund agreement in the beta is shady as -----, even early access games have 72 hours of refund policies these days from the moment you start them. This ToS paragraph also holds no water in court, if people are hellbent on getting a refund. Daum are just not allowed to have such a policy within the EU and they are a EU based company.

Posted

They didn't say that they just generally wanted to look into it they are avoiding the topic all together as best as possible so far.

That's what I figured. 

Posted

Nobody buys 30 costumes in HOTS, just like nobody buys 30 costumes in an MMO. Stim packs are stupid (IMO) but levelling doesn't really do anything in the game so people can waste their money if they want.

Yes, sub games have in recent years been offering cosmetics cash shop too (and admittedly things are moving into more questionable territory).

Nevertheless, things like appearance/race change, server transfer or name change are perfectly legitimate things to charge money for (show me a game that doesn't). Pets and mounts are on there, but the cash shop items are outnumbered by in game alternatives about 100:1. There are more than enough cool things in the game (by an immense margin) to forgive an occasional cool thing on the cash shop.

Your statement is not revelatory. All it does is show that you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

Yes they do, I play HOTS with a buddy and he has a skin for every character, he bought a 1 year stimpack, he has about 15 mounts, he has spent $300-400+ on that game in 1 year. 

You are wrong about everything you post and I proved it. You said sub games have no cash shop, all of them do and with prices as bad as here, if not worse for many items. MOBA games, many, many of the players buy 30+ skins over time and mounts and all kinds of junk. 

You are complaning abotu cosmetics and convenience items, if you dont want to buy them, you dont have to, if you do, pay up, if not, stop complaining so much. We all liek lower prices, but people saying the game sucks due to a convenience store is rubbish.

Thats so far from the truth. In todays modern western gaming society you have atleast 72 hours to return the game after you've started it for the first time. The only exceptions to this is if you buy it in a store (who the ----- does that these days?) where you have up to 30 days return policy aslong as the package is unopened. And this isnt some random thing that applies to a few games, it applies to almost every single game in Steam, Origin and whatever other gaming softwares there are.

So putting a non-refund agreement in the beta is shady as -----, even early access games have 72 hours of refund policies these days from the moment you start them. This ToS paragraph also holds no water in court, if people are hellbent on getting a refund. Daum are just not allowed to have such a policy within the EU and they are a EU based company.

Steam gives you 2 hours of playtime to refund. That is on digital games like this one. 

Also, BDO handed out tens of thousands of free beta keys. You had a chance to try it free for a week and if you failed to do that its on you guys.