• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Preorder? Never again. Cash shop? Not a dime.

183 posts in this topic

Posted

Posted

To the person who wrote the OP; have your credit card company do a charge back. Most are very helpful (like mine), especially with pre-orders. Hope this helps!

Posted (edited)

Fools and their money are soon parted "honey" :)  Some people have more disposable income than others, I know your intention was to insult others while trying to make yourself feel better than them; yet all you really did was show how sad and pathetically immature you are. You have a wonderful day :) 

Sure call me a fool, but I can afford it and think it's worth the value.  If you can't afford cash shop items, don't buy them.  Don't whine on the forums about it and act like the prices are unjust simply because you can't afford them.  I'm not better than anybody because I can buy costumes, but you need to grow up if you think it's mature to b*tch endlessly because something is out of your price range.

I'm not sad honey, I'm annoyed at yet another QQ thread acting like Daum is evil because you can't get all the costumes you wanted day one.  Boo f*cking hoo.

Edited by Anemone

Posted (edited)

Yes they do, I play HOTS with a buddy and he has a skin for every character, he bought a 1 year stimpack, he has about 15 mounts, he has spent $300-400+ on that game in 1 year. 
You are wrong about everything you post and I proved it. You said sub games have no cash shop, all of them do and with prices as bad as here, if not worse for many items. MOBA games, many, many of the players buy 30+ skins over time and mounts and all kinds of junk. 

You are complaning abotu cosmetics and convenience items, if you dont want to buy them, you dont have to, if you do, pay up, if not, stop complaining so much. We all liek lower prices, but people saying the game sucks due to a convenience store is rubbish.

Firstly, you've proved nothing except that you get more for your money out of HOTS than you do out of BDO, which is the entire point.

You can't read either apparently. Show me inventory or weight slots in the cash shop of a Sub game. Show me any convenience item from a cash shop in a sub game that isn't available through gameplay itself. BDO makes you pay money to max out your inventory size and weight, or use pets.

Secondly, I am not complaining about cosmetics being in the cash shop, only the prices.

However, the bigger issue is that BDO has stats on the items in the cash shop. If it were just prices I would just not buy stuff from the cash shop, but there are actually permanent benefits to paying more money than the next guy, which makes me not want to play the game at all.

For HOTS, the cash shop is the main money maker, with reasonable prices to entice repeat purchases and nothing that gives anyone any advantages. WoW's cash shop does nothing but supplement the hundreds of options for mounts/pets cosmetics already available in the game proper. BDO has so few alternatives for vanity cash shop items in the game, you could count them on one hand.

Edited by Gungan

Posted

There is a game purely F2P, although it is not an MMORPG, and that game is Path of Exile. Cash shop is PURELY cosmetic. You won't gain any bit of advantage from having cash shop items. Yet the game is prosperous for years now.

Ok, I should have been more specific and said no MMORPG since plenty of MOBA's are not pay to win either, but PoE and LoL are not in the same genre as this game. I have played many MMORPG's that started out with very limited cash shops and then just went crazy once the population started to drop. Lotto boxes with rare powerful items are always a big red flag. I have always thought the box fee and monthly sub was the best model for MMORPG's, but the reality is that model doesn't make them as much money in the short term like cash shops do. Too many people are willing to spend themselves broke to be top dog and the publishers are happy to take it. 

Posted (edited)

Firstly, you've proved nothing except that you get more for your money out of HOTS than you do out of BDO, which is the entire point.

You can't read either apparently. Show me inventory or weight slots in the cash shop of a Sub game. Show me any convenience item from a cash shop in a sub game that isn't available through gameplay itself. BDO makes you pay money to max out your inventory size and weight, or use pets.

Secondly, I am not complaining about cosmetics being in the cash shop, only the prices.

However, the bigger issue is that BDO has stats on the items in the cash shop. If it were just prices I would just not buy stuff from the cash shop, but there are actually permanent benefits to paying more money than the next guy, which makes me not want to play the game at all.

For HOTS, the cash shop is the main money maker, with reasonable prices to entice repeat purchases. WoW's cash shop does nothing but supplement the hundreds of options for mounts/pets cosmetics already available in the game proper. BDO has so few alternatives for vanity cash shop items in the game, you could count them on one hand.

I already did.... you just fail to read. If you BUY the latest expansion for WOW, they instantly boost you to LVL 100!!! That is much more than a % XP increase we have in BDO.

WOW also sells convenience stuff such as Faction change, race change, Guild changes, etc. All for $15-30 which is a high price considering you bought the game, paid monthly and pay for expansions.

My point is , you seem to not like BDO, you say the prices are bad(we all liek lower prices, so no point to keep harping on it IMO, the devs got our point long ago). But now you are also saying theres so few options, how much better other games do stuff, so why are you here then and not playing those games instead? I'll answer it... because those games are worse and charge you even more money than the $30 here which is all you need to play the game form start to end. I'm not gonna waste replies here with you after this one, I proved my points already and you were wrong over and over.

Edited by Pharticus

Posted (edited)

I already did.... you just fail to read. If you BUY the latest expansion for WOW, they instantly boost you to LVL 100!!! That is much more than a % XP increase we have in BDO.
WOW also sells convenience stuff such as Faction change, race change, Guild changes, etc. All for $15-30 which is a high price considering you bought the game, paid monthly and pay for expansions.

My point is , you seem to not like BDO, you say the prices are bad(we all liek lower prices, so no point to keep harping on it IMO, the devs got our point long ago). But now you are also saying theres so few options, how much better other games do stuff, so why are you here then and not playing those games instead? I'll answer it... because those games are worse and charge you even more money than the $30 here which is all you need to play the game form start to end. I'm not gonna waste replies here with you after this one, I proved my points already and you were wrong over and over.

I don't like the level 100 boost, but it's a one time boost, and paying for the boost is not the only way to get to level 100, which is the point I have to keep repeating to you because aren't getting it. And I repeat, show me an MMO that doesn't charge for faction change, race change, name changes, etc regardless of payment model.

I like BDO "the game" just fine. I don't like BDO "the cash shop" because it's going to ruin "the game". BDO is no "better" than any other MMO out there, and I would gladly pay a sub to play BDO if it meant less bullshit segregation in the cash shop.

BDO does empirically have the worst character customization from any MMO I've played. The character creator tool is very capable, but options are the most limited I've ever seen as far as making a character you want to look like you want.

Edited by Gungan

Posted

Not when I as a player:

1. Have to practically beg the publisher to update me on fundamental information regarding a core aspect of the game, being the cash shop pricing. 
  2. Have to sign a non-refund agreement before accessing a beta, only to find out that the promised cash model could not be farther from the truth. 
  3. Have to pay an entry fee for a game which is F2P in other regions.

I was naive because what i saw on the KR server gave me the confidence to open my wallet. What a great game, the graphical fidelity, the sandbox experience, immersion and so much more.

You got my 50 bucks. You better not spend it all at once because there aint any more where that came from. 

Sincerely, 

A gamer who considers the value of investing in a game in the long term.

EDIT: I don't know why people are saying goodbye? I'm not going anywhere.

Hello, this is Brad from the office down the hall. Thanks for the donation, we spent all $50 on pizza and booze last night.

Sorry you're not happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f2YeOsXETA

Posted

Not when I as a player:

1. Have to practically beg the publisher to update me on fundamental information regarding a core aspect of the game, being the cash shop pricing. 
  2. Have to sign a non-refund agreement before accessing a beta, only to find out that the promised cash model could not be farther from the truth. 

I was naive because what i saw on the KR server gave me the confidence to open my wallet. What a great game, the graphical fidelity, the sandbox experience, immersion and so much more.

You got my 50 bucks. You better not spend it all at once because there aint any more where that came from. 

Sincerely, 

It's getting pretty clear that we're nothing more than credit cards with legs to this company.

Posted

Not when I as a player:

Sincerely, 

sloth-cat-shh-no-tears-just-dreams.gif

Posted

Sick & tired of these attention whores. "I bought conquerors" / "I quit" / "I ain't gonna buy/play..." / "My new PC"

Srsly is that hard for some ppl to understand that we don't give a boiling -----?
If you rly need some attention at least do it at offtopic, its already hard enough to find a topic about the game/gameplay through all the QQ threads.

Posted

Sure call me a fool, but I can afford it and think it's worth the value.  If you can't afford cash shop items, don't buy them.  Don't whine on the forums about it and act like the prices are unjust simply because you can't afford them.  I'm not better than anybody because I can buy costumes, but you need to grow up if you think it's mature to b*tch endlessly because something is out of your price range.

I'm not sad honey, I'm annoyed at yet another QQ thread acting like Daum is evil because you can't get all the costumes you wanted day one.  Boo f*cking hoo.

Lol Grow up

Posted

They aren't changing the cash shop. They aren't even addressing things on Twitter from what I saw. They don't care about complaints since they have everyone's money. CMs are barely here. Jouska is the only active one and he hasn't given any real info or assurance.

Posted

Not when I as a player:

Sincerely, 

Trion 2.ooooooo

Posted (edited)

Trion 2.ooooooo

You're a dumbass, just leave then. You toxic archeage -----s are killing this community with your entitled crybaby bullshit that gets everyone nowhere. There are forums dedicated to this discussion, you don't need to make 5 trillion others and say dumb shit like "Trion 2.0" in 60 of them

Edited by Rostrax

Posted (edited)

BDO does empirically have the worst character customization from any MMO I've played. The character creator tool is very capable, but options are the most limited I've ever seen as far as making a character you want to look like you want.

You clearly haven't played many MMOs. Stop talking out of your ass. "Oh no. I can't make this wizard look like a 12 year old!" "Oh no gender locking" lmao. Entitled tool.

Edited by DarthAznable

Posted

You're a dumbass, just leave then. You toxic archeage -----s are killing this community with your entitled crybaby bullshit that gets everyone nowhere. There are forums dedicated to this discussion, you don't need to make 5 trillion others and say dumb shit like "Trion 2.0" in 60 of them

its okay. I'm sure daum will let you know how much they love you. O wait

Posted

tumblr_mt6fbxCwyq1r6xbv8o1_500.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

its okay. I'm sure daum will let you know how much they love you. O wait

what are you asshats going to complain about after they do drop the prices? oh wait, "they still have 10% XP! P2W!!!"

Edited by Rostrax

Posted

what are you asshats going to complain about after they do drop the prices?

9k=hqdefault.jpg

Posted

Yes, because I'm the one crying... Your logic is impeccable 

Posted

I got a better game for you then, come join me and become a Citizen of United Earths Empire! ;D 

This is a smart guy.