• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

9$ for a full skill reset

96 posts in this topic

Posted

Paying for a skill reset is the most mind boggling stupid and obscene idea I've ever seen in an MMO to be honest. I mean, it doesn't exactly matter, but it's literally a cash grab especially when just about every other MMO on the face of the planet that isn't horrible has it available for free at the cost of a few dimes relative to the game's currency. 

What mmos are these? Cause every single mmo I have played that had full skill resets they were usually a pretty penny so I am simply curious what games have them free or cheap 

Posted (edited)

Paying for skill resets is a disgraceful cash grab. One free one isn't enough and Loyalty points is Laughable.  I'm not even gonna dignify responding to the "infinite skill points" BS.   There are so many ways They can make money, they don't need to get this greedy and stupid.  Not to mention it will stifle creativity with builds.
Guess what happens if people "Just don't play it and stfu" , They start putting more behind paywalls  and /or the game dies.  
They have every right to make money, but if they keep whoring content behind the cash shop, most people are gonna get turned off and move on despite how pretty the pixels look.   

Skill resets should cost in game silver. Wanna sell VANITY ONLY Costumes, pets, furniture... go for it!  To sell in game advantages or block important features behind paywalls or Time played is just ridiculous and a blatant and obvious cash grab the only a mindless mouth breather with daddy's credit card or no clue on how to manage their money would support(although all the fanboys seem to be multi-billionaires) 

And if someone wants to start a thread to voice their concern, why not let them?  BDO isn't gonna send you a paycheck for publicity, get a life, are you that pathetic that it hurts your delicate feelings when someone points out flaws in something you love??    Are we gonna get into a PC>Xb>PS4 argument??? 

I see people on these forums accuse anyone who voices a concern or complains they are not happy or worried about the direction this game may or may not be heading in, and in fact its those people who are the troll and cry babies.  These forums are no different than any other video game forum- just a bunch of Bleep holes acting like they are gods gift to the planet and nothing more than silly memes/gifs/insults and BS to back it up.

Think the cash shop is fair, then stfu, dust you or your parents credit card off and go piss your money away.  I don't care if you're a hobo or donald trump, spending hundreds of dollars on ONE video game is just stupid.  I'm not rich, I'm not poor, I just have some common sense and restraint.  You people who defend the cash shop sound just like a crack head would defending their addiction.

Edited by JerzeyDevil
Some typos
1 person likes this

Posted

What mmos are these? Cause every single mmo I have played that had full skill resets they were usually a pretty penny so I am simply curious what games have them free or cheap 

GW2 and Blade and Soul right off the bat.

1 person likes this

Posted

Skill reset is definitely not P2W. lf anything internet search can yield you numerous builds that will work without risk. 

However in a game that promotes secret combos/ cancellations; putting any testing chance behind a cash wall is a real cash grab move. There is nothing to justify there.

P2W? No

Total d.ck move? Yep

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Bruh every class has staple skills that you pretty much have no choice but to get. There's not much room for experimentation. This isn't AA. There are some skills you MUST get and very few that are optional. If you get rank 1 of an optional skill and you don't like it? No biggie. If you level said skill up 10 times KNOWING YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT then you're just dumb.

Yea? What if a new player does not know that certain skills take up only if you skill them to the max? They wanna try every skill up until to the max and then decide?

I see only one dumbass here, and that is you being blindfolded by the love to a video game that he wants so hard to succeed.

Edited by dante`afk

Posted

GW2 and Blade and Soul right off the bat.

World of warcraft

Posted

World of warcraft

ESO

Posted (edited)

Skill reset is definitely not P2W. lf anything internet search can yield you numerous builds that will work without risk. 

However in a game that promotes secret combos/ cancellations; putting any testing chance behind a cash wall is a real cash grab move. There is nothing to justify there.

P2W? No

Total d.ck move? Yep

The cancel skills have "Ultimate" on them no?

Paying for skill resets is a disgraceful cash grab. One free one isn't enough and Loyalty points is Laughable.  I'm not even gonna dignify responding to the "infinite skill points" BS.   There are so many ways They can make money, they don't need to get this greedy and stupid.  

giphy.gif

Edited by Dragoon

Posted

Cry more.

Posted

World of warcraft

WoW has a sub though so I'm just comparing with f2p/b2p games to be fair.

Posted

Paying for skill resets is a disgraceful cash grab. One free one isn't enough and Loyalty points is Laughable.  I'm not even gonna dignify responding to the "infinite skill points" BS.   There are so many ways They can make money, they don't need to get this greedy and stupid.  Not to mention it will stifle creativity with builds.
Guess what happens if people "Just don't play it and stfu" , They start putting more behind paywalls  and /or the game dies.  
They have every right to make money, but if they keep whoring content behind the cash shop, most people are gonna get turned off and move on despite how pretty the pixels look.   

Skill resets should cost in game silver. Wanna sell VANITY ONLY Costumes, pets, furniture... go for it!  To sell in game advantages or block important features behind paywalls or Time played is just ridiculous and a blatant and obvious cash grab the only a mindless mouth breather with daddies credit card or no clue on how to manage their money would support(although all the fanboys seem to be multi-billionaires) 

And if someone wants to start a thread to voice their concern, why not let them?  BDO isn't gonna send you a paycheck for publicity, get a life, are you that pathetic that it hurts your delicate feelings when someone points out flaws in something you love??    Are we gonna get into a PC>Xb>PS4 argument??? 

I see people on these forums accuse anyone who voices a concern or complains they are not happy or worried about the direction this game may or may not be heading in, and in fact its those people who are the troll and cry babies.  These forums are no different than any other video game forum- just a bunch of Bleep holes acting like they are gods gift to the planet and nothing more than silly memes/gifs/insults and BS to back it up.

Think the cash shop is fair, then stfu, dust your or your parents credit card off and go piss your money away.  I don't care if your a hobo or donald trump, spending hundreds of dollars on ONE video game is just stupid.  I'm not rich, I'm not poor, I just have some common sense and restraint.  You people who defend the cash shop sound just like a crack head would defending their addiction.

so much this, finally someone with a healthy brain.

Posted

Of the decent MMO I've played in recent-ish time, WoW, Guild Wars 2, FFXIV (resets stat point allocation), Wildstar, and that's it I guess. I tend to stay away from absolute garbage Korean/Chinese MMOs that nickle and dime you for everything. 

Posted

People defending this are like republicans. Defending no-GMO labeling probably and are a fan of Monsanto and corn syrup.

Brainwashed potatoes.

"A panel of experts, the Royal Society and food-safety scientists in regulatory agencies around the world, all have concluded that the study does not demonstrate that the GM potatoes were unsafe in any way."

http://academicsreview.org/reviewed-content/genetic-roulette/section-1/1-1-pusztais-flawed-claims/

How dare you insult potatoes.

Posted

Yea? What if a new player does not now that certain skills take up only if you skill them to the max? They wanna try every skill up until to the max and then decide?

I see only one dumbass here, and that is you being blindfolded by the love to a video game that he wants so hard to succeed.

LOL why would you try every skill to max?? You use it at Rank 1 you don't like it don't use it?

What classes are you people playing that allow you to have so many different builds?? I just don't understand.

They honestly should make skill resets free though. Not because people need them, but because they are worthless.

Posted (edited)

Of all the things to whine about in the cash shop, this is not one of them. There aren't even "builds" in this game. You just pick the skills you use most and invest points. It's not like you have to respec from your PvP to your tank spec so you can do raids.

On top of that there's no cap to the skill points you can earn, so eventually you can iron out your bad build. And there are resets available for mileage. And a free one at 45. If you can't figure out which skills you want to use with those options you deserve to lose $9 to the cash shop.

EDIT: WoW charging you 50g per reset is worse than the cash shop resets in BDO. You actually HAD to change spec in WoW. You can use the same spec for everything in BDO and not be at any disadvantage. There is just very little need to reset unless you utterly ruin your spec out of carelessness.

Edited by Naturallog
3 people like this

Posted

LOL why would you try every skill to max?? You use it at Rank 1 you don't like it don't use it?

What classes are you people playing that allow you to have so many different builds?? I just don't understand.

They honestly should make skill resets free though. Not because people need them, but because they are worthless.

Lel, obvious troll is obvious... You talk about reading and then proceed to say why try the skills to max... HA

1 person likes this

Posted

Lel, obvious troll is obvious... You talk about reading and then proceed to say why try the skills to max... HA

wat

Posted

b9c514fc86d971dab9ec633249e1140b2a02ca3e

master baiter.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

wat

Skills gain interactions as you level them. Or they do on tamer at least.

Posted

lol yeah to a certain point I thought he legitimately was unaware but I don't think some can actually be this ignorant.

Posted

The cancel skills have "Ultimate" on them no?

Lol absolutely not that simple. There are many secret combos revealed on public forums, and many held back by people/guilds who have been fiddling with the system.

You really thought SECRET COMBOS would have a tag on the skill description?

Like l said; game promotes the discovery of secret combos, and then put any chance of testing around behind paywall.

Before you kids say '9$ aint that much'; it is the cost of one reset. How many combinations do you think you would need to try for testing stuff.

Also mileage store reset is pathetic. lt resets ONE grade of skill only. lf you wanted to test lvl4 version of skill, you need 4 of those to reset afterwards. And that is for just one skill.

lt is not P2W, because you can search and use a cookie cutter build that %99 of population uses that works good enough. But you definitely CAN NOT experiment around without whaling out.

Posted

master baiter.gif

I'm just curious, but is the title at the very bottom the one we're getting from the triathlon event?

Posted

Anyone with half a brain should recognize this and not even bother buying them. Experimentation is worthless, not because there is a cookie cutter build, but because there is very little to experiment with

OP, stop with the "experimentation" argument. There's not enough skills in each class to experiment with. If you actually need to spend $9 on a skill reset, you're an idiot, plain and simple. The skill resets ARE a cash grab, because only idiots will purchase them.

3 people like this

Posted

Gr8 B8 M8 I R8 8/8