• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why have we seen none of our concerns since CBT2 addressed?

124 posts in this topic

Posted

At this point the only conclusion I can rationally make is that they are not going to change anything about the Cash Shop items. They aren't going to make them purely cosmetic as we were originally told, and they aren't going to lower the prices.

yup.

Posted

If it is THAT game breaking why buy and participate in a game that in your opinion is broken?

Please quote me saying anything even hinting this opinion.

Or are you just pulling it out of your a** I wonder.... Hmmmm.....

Posted

Why did we need another one of these threads... 

Posted

LOL, saying that 70% of the population will throw any relevant sums of money at 32$ costumes, and then calling me a clown, just makes you the smartest guy on earth. Here grab your award.

Pointless to discuss more with such smart guy as you are. Cya.

hah thing is i am right. 

Wait and see in game.

Posted

hah thing is i am right. 

Wait and see in game.

70% is an absurdly high estimation, even if they were cheaper. I think you underestimate how poor most people are.

Posted

CM's aren't replying. Third thread today?

Sweet Jesus people are dumb.

You forgot to account for two things.. 

1. Daum is in the Netherlands. So.. take whatever time you are in and convert it to UTC +1. Basically, they are working when most of us are sleeping.

2. There is ONE CM for English, ONE for French and ONE GM for German. Add one PM (whatever that is) and three GMs, one of whom has exactly one post. Their jobs are to monitor the forums. Any coding has to be sent to the Koreans, in yet another time zone, then back to the Dutch, who then transmit the information to the rest of us. Daum is only providing sales and forums support. Thats why the Dev discussion could be delayed until after CBT2 was done.

Posted

70% is an absurdly high estimation, even if they were cheaper. I think you underestimate how poor most people are.

maybe but i think you underestimate the amount of people with disposable income these days that play mmos. 

Its the reason sub free mmos can exist.  They make more profit with cashop than with out and instead a sub.

Posted

maybe but i think you underestimate the amount of people with disposable income these days that play mmos. 

Its the reason sub free mmos can exist.  They make more profit with cashop than with out and instead a sub.

You should look up the concept of "Whales." Most players never spend on cash shops, or very little. But the games are kept up by a few individuals willing to invest a lot of money. Its something that has been studied and documented a lot. I don't have to guess, or estimate:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-04-09-only-2-2-percent-of-free-to-play-users-ever-pay-report

Posted (edited)

If you think BDO is P2W (At launch) you obviously haven't played the game at all or done any research.

If you take the time to read the persons comment he/she isn't saying that the game is p2w he/she is saying  it SEEMS like BDO will be p2w. there's a difference

Edited by Senzoba

Posted

If you take the time to read the persons comment he/she isn't saying that the game is p2w he/she is saying  it SEEMS like BDO will be p2w. there's a difference

SEEMS like BDO will be P2W when it's released is what he's referring to, if you take the time to actually read into what he's saying. 

Posted (edited)

In this thread... people whining about people whining like their text-bawling is somehow better. Anyway what I see happening... Daum milks the overpriced stupidity as long as they can get sheeple to actually -pay- those silly prices and then swoops in later, with us none the wiser (Oops! My bad, Daum!), acting all high and mighty and cutting prices because 'they listen' and reaping the benefits there too.

Edited by Nexxa

Posted

Ship was either a bug or a test.

You are limited to the amount of breeding resets.

Costumes with stats have minimal affect on you.

Ghillie suit has the same ability as 'crouch'

Do some research.

ayee my twin...

Posted (edited)

They are communicators, take orders, follow orders—that is all. If no one tells them, they can hardly do something. Clear?

Edited by Arise2fall

Posted

Man I'm laughing my ass off. This is the dumbest thing I have read in a long time. I'm still laughing :')

I'm glad my simple comment can please such a simple mind.

ayee my twin...

Hello Brother :o

There is another one of us hanging around somewhere, he's dressed fancy though.

1 person likes this

Posted

These threads need to stop. The GM's, and I dare say everybody working at Daum, knows about the concerns with the cash shop prices but your words alone aren't enough to change anything. You've voiced your opinions loud and clear but the outcome will depends entirely on the actual sale of items, and be adjusted accordingly.

If you truly don't like the cash shop prices then don't buy anything. After a period of time Daum will have collected enough data to know whether the pricing is right or not. If the prices are lowered you will undoubtedly be refunded any and all pearls, Daum coins or whatever else. Every cash shop transaction is recorded and stored in a log file for as long as you account is still in their system you can be sure of that. 

That's it, be patient, have faith, and buy according to your own standards. 

I too think the cash shop prices are a bit high but... GAME BREAKING? I play on Korea and have never used the cash shop there. The game plays fine without using it.

That said, of course I WILL use the cash shop here with BDO NA/EU. Why? Because I can AND I wan't to support Daum so the game will flourish..

Posted

I'm glad my simple comment can please such a simple mind.

Hello Brother :o

There is another one of us hanging around somewhere, he's dressed fancy though.

ooo I must find him... 

Posted

They've been answering in the interview that's on the forum since 2 days ago. It doesn't say anything about Cash Shop per se, but they talk about dyes and some major questions floating around on the forums. They are aware of our complaints at least, so that's something.

Posted

it still amazes me to this day after gaming for 13 years that players still think they are entitled to info..

They will tell us in when the information is ready.. day before patch day or on patch day or whatever the case might be..

I am sure @CM_Jouska is busy as fawk and the other CM's

13 years??? That's it?? How cute. :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

I've looked at Cm's post history. All they do is close topics from people complaining. They aren't saying ANYTHING about concerns. This is extremely concerning and it seems like BDO will be p2w.

Its hardly P2W as it is... 

Posted (edited)

Preorders close in 1 day, and Daum hasn't even said anything about the cash shop or other gamebreaking issues in CBT2. Most people are just assuming that Daum won't change anything with the cash shop because they refuse to speak.

All we've gotten is the very generic PR "we're looking into player concerns and take them seriously", just like every publisher ever, including Trion, Nexon, etc...  It doesn't mean anything unless they give specifics.

who the ----- is dropping that much money on LAUNCH? i don't think even fc did that on archeage, and they dropped a pretty penny

just wanted to add, how is a boat p2w? far as i can tell, it really only gets you access to a few islands and emptier fishing spots. hardly p2w. it's not like the pets can be considered either, unless you can have a billion out at one time. if anyone's concerned about the food for them, as far as CBT2 goes, you can make it in-game, though i guess there's the possibility of it not being as effective (although, by the time it really becomes a concern, you could potentially have enough mats to make a few dozen of them at a time). other than that, the only real concerns would be inventory and weight limit increases, though i highly doubt there's going to be anything in the game that really relies on those factors (this early anyways, maybe when Valencia comes out)

Edited by battlemage

Posted

Preorders closed and yet still absolutely no addressing of concerns. I think we can safely say the game will be p2w

Posted

Isnt it like 3-4 am in LA right now? 

Posted

Preorders close in 1 day, and Daum hasn't even said anything about the cash shop or other gamebreaking issues in CBT2. Most people are just assuming that Daum won't change anything with the cash shop because they refuse to speak.

All we've gotten is the very generic PR "we're looking into player concerns and take them seriously", just like every publisher ever, including Trion, Nexon, etc...  It doesn't mean anything unless they give specifics.

Honestly I think they are working on the release of the game first. they will most likely make changes to it after launch (cash shop doesn't open till days after head start). 

Posted

This is worrying :( 

Posted (edited)

I think preparing/readying the game for launch is a bit more important then typing out they aren't changing anything in the cash shop.  After all, they did only have like a week of room.

Edited by JerryBoyle