• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

5000 hours for a pet is a punch in the face from Publishers

110 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hahahah, great laugh. Seriously if you really don't want to give us the pet so much don't give it to us because having to accumulate 5,000 hours to get a -----ing pet is beyond ridiculous. It will actually be more economically viable to buy the -----ing pet instead of spending money on electricity to power your computer up 24/7 while you afk in BDO... But this is exactly the point of this exercise, come buy the pet instead of wasting 5,000 hours of your time! Yeah. Sell the bloody game for 100$ for all I care but stop throwing this cash grabs down our neck. 

I don't know if it's Daum or the Developers that are doing this, I'll take a wild guess and say it was Daum who forced them to. Seeing what they are capable of can we really entrust them the future of Europe and American regions? For how long are our pre-orders going to satisfy their wallets? Oh well, time will tell. 

And I know there is another thread running, don't really care. Maybe making more cry threads will get their attention somehow since everything else seems to fail. 

///I think you all missed the point of my argument lol. 

Edited by Towarzysz
2 people like this

Posted

It's just a bonus... seriously everyone's shittin their britches about this

7 people like this

Posted

It is a free gift. They are gifting something that is completely optional. You don't need pets, rather discover there is an R button on your keyboard.

9 people like this

Posted

Cry more.

3 people like this

Posted

They probably ported most things from KR without bothering to change them as they have much much much much bigger problems to deal with and still after release. They said they would try to find a way to implement a way of obtaining a pet for free after launch as it is a b2p game.

2 people like this

Posted

Hahahah, great laugh. Seriously if you really don't want to give us the pet so much don't give it to us because having to accumulate 5,000 hours to get a -----ing pet is beyond ridiculous. It will actually be more economically viable to buy the -----ing pet instead of spending money on electricity to power your computer up 24/7 while you afk in BDO... But this is exactly the point of this exercise, come buy the pet instead of wasting 5,000 hours of your time! Yeah. Sell the bloody game for 100$ for all I care but stop throwing this cash grabs down our neck. 

I don't know if it's Daum or the Developers that are doing this, I'll take a wild guess and say it was Daum who forced them to. Seeing what they are capable of can we really entrust them the future of Europe and American regions? For how long are our pre-orders going to satisfy their wallets? Oh well, time will tell. 

And I know there is another thread running, don't really care. Maybe making more cry threads will get their attention somehow since everything else seems to fail. 

You know, there is already a topic, Why do you have to make a new one?

Supposedly you need a free brain in that achievement too.

Posted

No one forced you to play this game. No one is forcing you to breathe. No one is forcing you to exist

Posted

5000 hours is only 208 days! just leave your computer on when you go do stuff when you're not playing it'll be over before you know it. its basically giving you free stuff for nothing. how can you complain.

Posted

I also want to complain about free stuff gained with no effort

Posted (edited)

Whoa Bob, whoa.

It sounds like you are saying that you want absolutely everything this game has to offer right now rather than earn/discover it later.  Boy oh you've got a rude awakening coming.  I'd also like to point out how long 5K hours is, it means you'll be getting it probably around the time of another expansion which could be a good thing...unless ur casual in which case you should have zero expectations aside from opening your wallet IF you're in a rush.

Edited by Trixologist

Posted

I thought you were like supposed to play the game longer than 2 weeks, so wouldnt the electricity bills and such be like normal thing? Or did you buy this game just to get a pet and nothing else?

1 person likes this

Posted

Go play any other Korean mmo on the market and then come back here and try to tell us how unfair BDO marketplace is.

1 person likes this

Posted

well-then-you-q1b8n1.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Or $9 and two secs. Broke a-- people 

Posted

ZFYDESj.gif

Posted

Go play any other Korean mmo on the market and then come back here and try to tell us how unfair BDO marketplace is.

You'll see how it will become...it's not about how it is right now

Posted

I have a pet you know? So? Does it really mean we need this shit in games? Can't we just get full games + cosmetic items in cash shop. The whole point of this is that saying you need 5000 hours to get a pet is a -----ing joke lol. Why even bother? Might as well not put it in the game. 

Posted

I thought you were like supposed to play the game longer than 2 weeks, so wouldnt the electricity bills and such be like normal thing? Or did you buy this game just to get a pet and nothing else?

Considering the time needed to get a pet is so high/long AFKing to boost your time seems viable until you consider the cost of running your pc.

Tho it varies from person to person

Like if i wanted to do it, it would use about 1200watts from the wall if i ran all 3 of my GPU's while playing/afk Tho if i were to do it i would turn off crossfire and drop it down to like 600-700watts but still. it wouldnt be worth it from a power/cost ratio.

And by the time someone earns that 5000 hour pet it would likely be almost worthless to them.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pro tip to OP:

Replace "E" and "T" buttons with two more "R" buttons, so you can triple loot, works no worse than 3 pets.

Posted

Please stop.

Posted

Sure man, evil devs be like

Conoce-un-poco-mejor-a-Saitama-en-este-n

Posted

remedy all you ills in  3 easy steps

Step 1 : Get a Job

Step 2: Go to store

Step 3: Buy a box of Tampons and STFU.

1 person likes this

Posted

Byeeeeeee

From Daum, with Love

i-amp-039-m-such-a-bad-person-yet-he-sti

Posted (edited)

Considering the time needed to get a pet is so high/long AFKing to boost your time seems viable until you consider the cost of running your pc.

Tho it varies from person to person

Like if i wanted to do it, it would use about 1200watts from the wall if i ran all 3 of my GPU's while playing/afk Tho if i were to do it i would turn off crossfire and drop it down to like 600-700watts but still. it wouldnt be worth it from a power/cost ratio.

And by the time someone earns that 5000 hour pet it would likely be almost worthless to them.

I keep my PC on all the time and I will go afk fish, not for the pet, if I get the pet on top I am happy. Would be nice to get one earlier though, I dont get it why they took out that quest for a cat, wouldnt kill them to give one for free at the start to everyone.

Edited by Kat

Posted

Whatever, if they continue their practices I'll be laughing my ass off when this game goes f2p in this region. Let's hope they dont. And believe it or not I wish all the best for this game which is why I'm saying what I'm saying.