• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

5000 hours for a pet is a punch in the face from Publishers

110 posts in this topic

Posted

Whatever, if they continue their practices I'll be laughing my ass off when this game goes f2p in this region. Let's hope they dont. And believe it or not I wish all the best for this game which is why I'm saying what I'm saying. 

If its free to play then everything would be switched to cash shop more and you would be whining more...

Its a FREE pet, a bonus. These games are made to be played for years, so 5,000 hours is a lot of hrs, but not if you plan to play a long time. In the meantime get $9 and buy one if you want one so bad.

Posted

Lol, you missed so much its actually funny. You really have nothing under that "I am so cool" facade. Thanks for the laugh :D

Says the girl that went straight into defense mode..lol

Human nature... so predictable :)

Posted (edited)

It seems that my presence is not even longer required for this discussion to go to hell. We'll I must rate this Drama skills of yours A* guys. Quality work, kept me from being bored while eating some soup, hehe. 

Please continue. 

If its free to play then everything would be switched to cash shop more and you would be whining more...
Its a FREE pet, a bonus. These games are made to be played for years, so 5,000 hours is a lot of hrs, but not if you plan to play a long time. In the meantime get $9 and buy one if you want one so bad.

I wouldn't be whining mate, the moment this game goes f2p I'll be outta here. 

Edited by Towarzysz
error

Posted

Says the girl that went straight into defense mode..lol
Human nature... so predictable :)

Yep, you are rather predictable too. Can you just not deal with the fact that someone doesnt find your type attractive without all these corny comebacks?

Posted

china china china china china-trump

Cant tell if that's a troll post, or you going full retard.. either way  LOL -gg

Yep, you are rather predictable too. Can you just not deal with the fact that someone doesnt find your type attractive without all these corny comebacks?

says the girl that spent the last  hour talking to someone she "cant stand"...  sure Kat....  sure... seriously, I think the whole forum knows youre infatuated with me by now.

Posted

Given that we're encouraged to run the game in the background (almost like the OLD days of Sim City where you could turn disasters off) ...doesn't it stand to reason that we'd reach 5000 logged hours well before the average Standard of many other games?

Posted

Once again, I'm not going to wade through all the replies. I'll just go by page one.

In my opinion, pets are not just an 'optional extra'. They are a mechanic to the game. They have their own 'breeding' system attached to them and they do come with extras which will, in the long run, be more than convenience.

That being said, it is a computer game made by people who, ultimately want to make money. One copy of World of Warcraft plus an annual subscription costs around 150 dollars/euros. You are getting the game for 30. Be happy. 

It doesn't matter that it is free-to-play anywhere else. It's simple economics. They will charge what people are willing to pay.

That being said, I'd rather pay more up front and get a pet included. 

Oh yeah...I did (Explorer pack). B|

Posted (edited)

It is a LOYALTY reward* (for being loyal and playing a long time, wow go figure!).

NOT a loot drop you grind hours for.

You people make me dizzy.

Edited by Dazlin

Posted

Today I learned you can put people on ignore.

Buh-bye, Sizer.  :)

Posted

Are you Daumb?

Posted

says the girl that spent the last  hour talking to someone she "cant stand"...  sure Kat....  sure... seriously, I think the whole forum knows youre infatuated with me by now.

I just like poking fun sometimes when I have a few minutes free, I am just as impatient for the game to start like everyone else. You fell for it, sorry. No hard feelings, have a nice day :) 

Posted

I just like poking fun sometimes when I have a few minutes free, I am just as impatient for the game to start like everyone else. You fell for it, sorry. No hard feelings, have a nice day :) 

lol,  I don't think you could of typed anything more obviously transparent...

I'm excited too, Enjoy your game.

Posted

I will admit that 5000 is a bit much, but consider the fact that its an item they usually charge for given for free for just being a dedicated player in their game. Although 500 hours would show loyalty just as well. 9_9

Posted

This is 100% to force you into the cash shop.

Posted

It's free.

Posted

I think people are taking the whole pet situation a bit too seriously, if you friend next door saved up and bought 3 rumbas for his house and you were stuck with a regular old vacuum cleaner, its all just convenient, doesn't mean that one will clean better or worse than the other, your friend is just much lazier than you are so he needs automated robots to clean his home.

Posted

You must work for kitty yes yessssss!!!

Posted

Today I learned you can put people on ignore.

Buh-bye, Sizer.  :)

soo who are you again ?
right joined yesterday,
I'm sad bro.

Posted

well-then-you-q1b8n1.jpg

i wish i didnt run out of likes... 

Posted

Cash grab shops are what players get when they feel that sub fees are 'unfair'.

*shrug*

Posted

This post.

Posted

It's just a bonus... seriously everyone's shittin their britches about this

1 person likes this

Posted

5k pet is a 8 legged murlock

Posted (edited)

5000 hours, 24/7 power on a gaming pc with an i7  6700, a GTX980, 16GB of ram, one 7200RPM sata HDD and a gaming keyboard and mouse, load wattage of 372 watts. Lets say you live in California and power costs $0.33/kWH , ((372*5000)/1000)*0.33 = $613.80 to acquire the free 5000 hour pet asap, worst case scenario where your PC is at constant full power load.

The above I think is the main issue he's taking with this "Sure you can get it for free! You only need to play/afk for 5000 hours is all" idea.

The power costs alone would let you buy 100's of pets at the cash shop, and even in the more realistic scenario of only occasional full load when actively gaming, it would still cost far more than the pet costs to rack up those 5000 hours just in your electricity bill.

If you played 4 hrs per day of full load and afked the rest of the time and that were able to magically reduce power draw at those non-playing times to 0. That's still a total of 833 hours of full load time. ((372*833)/1000)*0.33 = ~$102 for the free 5k hour pet

Edited by Lasair

Posted

5000 hours is like 2-3 years of playtime with 8 hours a day. After so many hours l dont think a T1 cat would mean anything at all. 

Especially game will already be F2P and cash shop items sellable on AH.