• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT2 to Launch - I can't patch it

33 posts in this topic

Posted

I received an e-mail from BDO, that says I can patch CBT2 Client to Launch Client, but CBT2 client shows me this only. I would be really thankful to someone that tells me how to patch the client. (At my connection speed CBT2 was downloading about 40 hrs)

I don't know if i should post it here, but there's only "CBT2" section so I think this is the most adequate section.

tt.png

1 person likes this

Posted

Haha, just posted the same question and someone else commented already stating CBT2 patch will be available tomorrow. ( Not from an official source though )

1 person likes this

Posted

Haha, just posted the same question and someone else commented already stating CBT2 patch will be available tomorrow. ( Not from an official source though )

Can someone give a bit more info or confirm please?

Posted

I just post the same question in other subject. I am waiting aswell for any info. My speed connection is not the best :D

Posted

I wouldn't be worried too much the exact same thing is happening to me.

Posted

Same happening to me. 

The email said it should patch now, but I guess there is a problem with it? 

Posted (edited)

Guessing not the only one >.< this better be fixed because ya i cant download the game that fast for my early access.

Edited by Dan3000au
Spelling

Posted (edited)

And you won't, because patching was supposed to start later today.

Calm your tits, people.

Edited by Narcosis

Posted

Yea, the email was extremely vague. I also went to patch the CBT2 client and scratched my head why it wasn't working and ended up here also.

Posted

And you won't, because patching was supposed to start later today.

Calm your tits, people.

YOU CAN NEVER CALM MY TITS.... unless you want to play with them.

xD lol im try at 8am UTC

1 person likes this

Posted

YOU CAN NEVER CALM MY TITS.... unless you want to play with them.

xD lol im try at 8am UTC

Hi guys.

Next day, and patching still not working ??

Posted

Still not working, still people asking via forums, facebook, twitter, still no answers, only people guessing/speculating.

Posted

What about CBT1 client? Can we patch that or we have to download the release client? :)

Posted

What about CBT1 client? Can we patch that or we have to download the release client? :)

You need to uninstall CBT 1 Client and redownload.... CBT 1 client doesn't work anymore.

Posted

What is the release game version, for those that were able to patch it?

Posted

Was anyone able to patch it? 

Posted

So here it is the morning of the 27th and still no patching. It really pissed me off that these people can;t be more upfront and precise about what is happening. How hard is it to let us know. It really tests my trust level the of people in control of this game. These people are going to end up making us wait till the game launches to patch and we'll spend half of the first day, that people who bought the top packages should be playing, patching the flipping game. I really don't understand why they simply can't communicate about this issue clearly. Guess they got our money, so why should they care now?

Posted

While this is a weekend, and supposedly, people don't work in the weekends, they do have a Sunday release. So a bit more info would be nice. 

Posted

this may shed some light...

i have BDO installed on a desktop and a laptop so I can play when i travel

played beta on both, but i don't THINK i played on the laptop after the mid-beta mini patch

i just tried to patch on both

the desktop did the little micro-second patch and the laptop took a couple minutes (again I assume the client was catching up by installing the mid-beta mini patch?)

so am I to assume that that means the less-than-a-second-patch is all that is needed for the CBT2 testers to get the Live client?

Posted

Considering there were no new patch notes I guess the CBT2 client is the same as the launch-client.

Posted (edited)

To the best of my knowledge, here's how the latest, pre-launch patch is supposed to work, folks.

If you downloaded the CBT2 client and played Black Desert, the latest patch will only update the Black Desert Launcher to version ID "20160221_1005" to make it ready for tomorrow's Big Day.  Any last minute changes to the BDO client to update it from CBT2 content will be made at the time you are permitted to enter the game during the pre-launch.  The CBT2 client files already contain 99% of what BDO will need at launch time.

If you did not download the CBT2 client OR did not play the second Black Desert Closed Beta Test OR your BDO client files are not correct, for whatever reason, the latest patch will ask you if you want to Uninstall the game.  Reply "Yes" to the Uninstall and when that finishes, run the latest patch a second time to download the latest and greatest BDO client files again.  When you finish, you should see version ID "20160221_1005" in the BDO Launcher window.

Lastly, the offline character creator no longer works as of the close of CBT2 but do not Uninstall it nor delete any of its folder content UNTIL AFTER you have transferred all your characters into the Live BDO release.  I manually uninstalled my CCM files too soon so I will have to recreate my characters during Pre-launch ... rats!!!

If you wish to manually force the latest patch to download all of the BDO client files again, but without the CCM sub-folder, just manually delete the Black Desert folder from wherever you installed it and run the latest patch to download the latest and greatest BDO client files.

And that's it for patching ... I hope this answers all your questions ... and thanks for reading my post ... :^)

Edited by Drakanwulf
Corrections

Posted

another thing you can do is do a file check if you dont think you have the files.

1. Open the Black Desert Online folder.

2. Rename version.dat to config.filecheck.

3. Restart the launcher and let it run the file check.

4. Launch the game and press (f3)"

now you shouldnt need to hit f3 as it will run the file check on its own

Posted

Considering there were no new patch notes I guess the CBT2 client is the same as the launch-client.

This is what I'm thinking. There may be a minor patch that they will announce as the server launches.. But nothing too big to install the client all over again.
I'm just going to wait till the game launches to update the launcher.

1 person likes this

Posted

I send a message to support team about the patch. So I think that will be the latest info:

odpowiedz.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

So the QA team is still testing the release client less that 12 hours before head start?