• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

starter guide Boyka's Sorc Guide - Build to lvl. 50

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Sorceress in general

The sorc is a lightly armored damage dealer that is very strong in 1v1 or small group pvp. The sorc scores slightly below avarage when it comes to pve content and grinding, however I personally never had much trouble. In GvG and wars the sorc has avarage impact due to that one mistake can cost you your head. The sorc is hard to master, has a mixture of ranged and melee attacks, very high mobility and dodging possibilities and great self buffs wich you must never forget to use before battle. Managing you fragments and mana can be a bit hard at times but in general when you take the time to learn and master this class you will not regret it. 

About my experience with sorc

This guide/build is purely made by my own toughts, feelings and experience during the time I played this amazing class, however I recently discussed an alternative mentioned in the note. I played for around 3 months in the JP server and for 1.5 month in the RU server. I joined the CBT's aswell but I kinda slacked there. During my time in the RU & JP servers i've gotten really comfortable with sorceress. I've been part of some pretty decent pvp battles with LoneWolf on the RU servers as some very nice GvG and node war content on the JP server. I personally have faith in this build. 

Note - Before we get started I want to say that I have no idea on how many skillpoints you will have on wich level. Basically what I did here is prioritize the skills in the order I would skill them. So if you have some skillpoints left (go to the next color if possible) or if you are short just farm a little more. Once you hit lvl. 50 you will have around 350 (no quests) 400+ (with quests) skillpoints and you will be able to get all these skills (or soon after 50). Now I will explain the color system and the numbers.

The first skills on the left are without color or square because they are free (cost no SP).

Green: I would recommend to take the skills in the green square up untill lvl. 25 (1-25) (first skill No.1 in the green section than 2 etc.).

Blue: I would recommend to take the skills in the blue square up untill lvl. 35 (25-35) (First skill No.1 in the blue section than 2 etc.).

Orange: I would recommend to take the skills in the orange square up untill lvl. 45 (35-45) (first skill No.1 in the orange section than 2 etc.).

Purple: I would recommend to take the skills in the purple square up untill lvl. 50 (45-50) (first skill No.1 in the purple section than 2 etc.).

PvE playstyle

Basically the main thing for pve (and pvp) is managing your buffs and fragments. You hit Q to use fragments and convert them into mana. Skills that I mainly use in PvE besides all buffs are "Black Wave" Black%20wave%20skill.jpg and "Claws of Darkness" Claws%20of%20Darkness%20skill.jpg

PvP playstyle and rotations

This is kinda hard to explain but im going to give it a shot (after all you just need to practice a lot). I played sorc as a highly mobile in and out kind of strategy. Open with either one of these skills --> "Midnight Stinger" Midnight%20Stinger%20skill.jpg or "Rushing Crow II" Rushing%20Crow%20skill.jpg. Then use your debuffs, knockdowns and throw all ur dmg at them like "Shadow Explosion(uses fragments)" "Dream of Doom" "Shadow Eruption" "Ultimate: Dark Flame". So in general:

- Keep your buffs up at all time 
- Manage your cooldowns
- Find an oportunity to blink in and disable
- Throw debuffs and heavy hits
- Do it all again just for fun
- Dance on corps while listening to Shakira's greatest hits

Some nice rotations and 1v1 PvP content in the clip below

Conclusion

Sorcs are cool and hard to master but once you do its even more fun and cool to play it. Not much of a conclusion but you guys can always contact me for questions or to discuss on how to improve the build/guide. I wont say this guide is perfect or the best but I think the build itself is very good, It's how I enjoyed playing the class in terms of PvP (mostly) but also PvE content..  be kind :) 

Thanks for reading and good luck! See you all soon in game!

- Boyka

Edited by Boyka
10 people like this

Posted

Great guide. You only forgot to pinpoint Rushing Crow I and II in your Images.

P.S: BTJ is awesome Sorceress.

Posted

Great guide. You only forgot to pinpoint Rushing Crow I and II in your Images.

P.S: BTJ is awesome Sorceress.

Thank bud! Yes pretty sick pvp love it.. what do you mean with rushing crow what did i forget? first one is green second is blue. 

Posted

I'm a bit confused ,from top to bottom i can see more than one" number 1 green number 2 green etc..".

The right sequence is : 1-2-3 green of the first screen,or 1 green of the first>1 green of the second>2 green of the first>2 green of the second,and so on

Thx

Posted

Thanks for posting this, it's nicely formatted and has some strong advice :D

I'm curious though, i'm so back and forth on the usefulness of Shadow Eruption (shift+f). Does it have any other uses other than an aoe KD that locks you in place? The damage never seems worth it for the sp invested to me. Especially when there are so many better KD's in sorc's kit.

I'm a bit confused ,from top to bottom i can see more than one" number 1 green number 2 green etc..".

The right sequence is : 1-2-3 green of the first screen,or 1 green of the first>1 green of the second>2 green of the first>2 green of the second,and so on

Thx

Also I think those numbers are just priorities within the different colored tiers. For instance, night crow r1, black wave r1/r2, and claws of darkness r1/r2 take priority over dream of doom r1 and shield of darkness r1, but all of those abilities take priority over the blue ones.

Posted

Thx

Basically what Sandy said, You will learn all green skills first before you move on to Blue... but WITHIN the green skills you learn No. 1 first then 2 then 3 etc.

Thanks for posting this, it's nicely formatted and has some strong advice :D

I'm curious though, i'm so back and forth on the usefulness of Shadow Eruption (shift+f). Does it have any other uses other than an aoe KD that locks you in place? The damage never seems worth it for the sp invested to me. Especially when there are so many better KD's in sorc's kit.

Also I think those numbers are just priorities within the different colored tiers. For instance, night crow r1, black wave r1/r2, and claws of darkness r1/r2 take priority over dream of doom r1 and shield of darkness r1, but all of those abilities take priority over the blue ones.

Thanks for your feedback! Shadow Eruption i feel is just a too good of a buff and KD to pass out in comparison of what you can take instead lets say "Abyssal Flame"

Posted (edited)

PvE playstyle

Basically the main thing for pve (and pvp) is managing your buffs and fragments. You hit Q to use fragments and convert them into mana.

Not using shard explosion is a huge mistake. 100% chance to hit, 100% chance to crit, generates the same mana as Q. You should use Q when shard explosion is not available.

EDIT: When shard explosion is available I like to pull a larger group than normal, since after I use shard explosion I can use black wave to clean up anything left. Shard explosion one shots most stuff it hits. Oh and shards of darkness should be top priority at all times for the extra mana and shard explosion damage. It's extremely helpful. I would also take dark flame earlier because it blocks frontal attacks. Very good for summoned bosses and tougher enemies.

Edited by Naturallog

Posted (edited)

No Shard Explosion, Signs of Agony or Abyssal Flame?
Priotizing Crow Flare (and it's failed counterpart, Beat Kick) over things like maxing out Rushing Crow?* And not bothering with anything past the first unlock of Absolute Darkness?

*= While I'm aware that you've slapped on an afterthought saying "you can use the points from the crow flare tree for these skills", if anyone were to use your "original" build (sans the hasty backpeddled alternatives) then you've left yourself completely open - no CC skills at all, limited teleports, and if you've got any shards of darkness, then they sit there and become useless if your buff is on CD. This build can't even be called a pure "damage" build because you've missed out on several major damage skills (Rushing Crow2 and Absolute Darkness2+).

To any new players, the above dissection is definitely going to sound elitist. But consider this - the reasoning behind each skill's choice isn't explained, and instead relies on some sort of awkward/confusing colour/number system. You're accepting that this build must be "right", without asking "why is this build "right" or if it's actually "right".

While it's missing a few points, I'd highly recommend that any new players (or even experienced players) look at Deus' guide instead of this one.

Also worth noting - that PvP video doesn't really prove your point. The ranger that the sorc is going against is downright terrible at their class.

TLDR: The "this is my opinion" card will only get you so far, OP.

Edited by Tsingani
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Not using shard explosion is a huge mistake. 100% chance to hit, 100% chance to crit, generates the same mana as Q. You should use Q when shard explosion is not available.

EDIT: When shard explosion is available I like to pull a larger group than normal, since after I use shard explosion I can use black wave to clean up anything left. Shard explosion one shots most stuff it hits. Oh and shards of darkness should be top priority at all times for the extra mana and shard explosion damage. It's extremely helpful. I would also take dark flame earlier because it blocks frontal attacks. Very good for summoned bosses and tougher enemies.

HOLY SHIT FORGIVE ME, it is my first guide and i absolutely agree you MUST take shard explosion. Its obvious tho since its kinda free and immediatly obtainable. I updated the guide. Thanks for noticing.

Priotizing Crow Flare (and it's failed counterpart, Beat Kick) over things like maxing out Rushing Crow?* And not bothering with anything past the first unlock of Absolute Darkness?

*= While I'm aware that you've slapped on an afterthought saying "you can use the points from the crow flare tree for these skills", if anyone were to use your "original" build (sans the hasty backpeddled alternatives) then you've left yourself completely open - no CC skills at all, limited teleports, and if you've got any shards of darkness, then they sit there and become useless if your buff is on CD. This build can't even be called a pure "damage" build because you've missed out on several major damage skills (Rushing Crow2 and Absolute Darkness2+).

To any new players, the above dissection is definitely going to sound elitist. But consider this - the reasoning behind each skill's choice isn't explained, and instead relies on some sort of awkward/confusing colour/number system. You're accepting that this build must be "right", without asking "why is this build "right" or if it's actually "right".

While it's missing a few points, I'd highly recommend that any new players (or even experienced players) look at Deus' guide instead of this one.

Also worth noting - that PvP video doesn't really prove your point. The ranger that the sorc is going against is downright terrible at their class.

Deus' Guide is nice too.. im curious about your guide if u ever planning on making one in several topics you seem to know a lot more than many peeps around here. Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Boyka

Posted (edited)

Edited by Morsmortis

Posted

past the first unlock of Absolute Darkness?

Curious why you value Absolute Darkness (2+) as a core damage skill. Can you explain your reasoning?

1 person likes this

Posted

That video isn't using the same build that you posted. Just saying.

Posted

Thanks for the guide! 

1 person likes this

Posted

That video isn't using the same build that you posted. Just saying.

What hes doing in the video isn't possible in NA/EU due to diffrent CC mechanics. If u get CC'd by knockdown ur immune to all knockdowns for 3-4secs

1 person likes this

Posted

nice quick guide. Generally what I also aimed for.

However I held back on Awakening skills. Any ideas/tips?

Posted

nice quick guide. Generally what I also aimed for.

However I held back on Awakening skills. Any ideas/tips?

dont go for crow flare i will remake the guide soon, but for awakening i did claws, wave and explosion

Posted

whats weird is in KR i've seen lots of Sorcs take Sinister Omen cause of the strong 1v1 power it brings and even in ganks

Posted

whats weird is in KR i've seen lots of Sorcs take Sinister Omen cause of the strong 1v1 power it brings and even in ganks

This guide will only take you untill you just hit 50 or a little after that spend skillpoints on omen later at will

Posted

Sinister Omen can be very strong. But it's not something to pick up early. It moves very slow and it really isn't hard to dodge if the person is halfway paying attention. The dmg from it comes from the explosion mainly so you have to learn how to time it to ensure your opponent is cc'd when it pops off. 

For me, people are usually dead before it does go off. In large scale pvp however it can be amazing. 

Posted

Could you possibly link me to Deus' guide, I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Not taking the 2nd rank of Rushing Crow is a huge mistake. It only costs 12 measly points and IT TURNS IT INTO A KNOCKDOWN. Also, has a accuracy bonus, is a debuff, is a gap closer, and has almost no cooldown. This is your most useful opener in both PvE and PvP.

My most commonly used combo is: Rushing Crow to get the knockdown and apply debuff --> instantly follow up with Midnight stinger for crit buff (and as a backup stun in case the knockdown gets resisted) --> A full set of Claws of Darkness for down attack dmg --> Dark Flame for some final burst before they get up. This combo takes less than 3 seconds and will take down nearly any group of non-boss monsters as well as some of the squishier player classes. Can also hit Q after two of these combos for a three-shard buff. Net more mana than you spent and go on your merry way. 

Edited by DavidJericho

Posted

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Sorceress in general

The sorc is a lightly armored damage dealer that is very strong in 1v1 or small group pvp. The sorc scores slightly below avarage when it comes to pve content and grinding, however I personally never had much trouble. In GvG and wars the sorc has avarage impact due to that one mistake can cost you your head. The sorc is hard to master, has a mixture of ranged and melee attacks, very high mobility and dodging possibilities and great self buffs wich you must never forget to use before battle. Managing you fragments and mana can be a bit hard at times but in general when you take the time to learn and master this class you will not regret it. 

About my experience with sorc

This guide/build is purely made by my own toughts, feelings and experience during the time I played this amazing class, however I recently discussed an alternative mentioned in the note. I played for around 3 months in the JP server and for 1.5 month in the RU server. I joined the CBT's aswell but I kinda slacked there. During my time in the RU & JP servers i've gotten really comfortable with sorceress. I've been part of some pretty decent pvp battles with LoneWolf on the RU servers as some very nice GvG and node war content on the JP server. I personally have faith in this build. 

Note - Before we get started I want to say that I have no idea on how many skillpoints you will have on wich level. Basically what I did here is prioritize the skills in the order I would skill them. So if you have some skillpoints left (go to the next color if possible) or if you are short just farm a little more. Once you hit lvl. 50 you will have around 350 (no quests) 400+ (with quests) skillpoints and you will be able to get all these skills (or soon after 50). Now I will explain the color system and the numbers.

The first skills on the left are without color or square because they are free (cost no SP).

Green: I would recommend to take the skills in the green square up untill lvl. 25 (1-25) (first skill No.1 in the green section than 2 etc.).

Blue: I would recommend to take the skills in the blue square up untill lvl. 35 (25-35) (First skill No.1 in the blue section than 2 etc.).

Orange: I would recommend to take the skills in the orange square up untill lvl. 45 (35-45) (first skill No.1 in the orange section than 2 etc.).

Purple: I would recommend to take the skills in the purple square up untill lvl. 50 (45-50) (first skill No.1 in the purple section than 2 etc.).

**SNIP****

- Boyka

What happened to the picture with all the pretty colors? Only reason i had this Bookmarked

Posted

What happened to the picture with all the pretty colors? Only reason i had this Bookmarked

I removed them since there are new ones in the making, for any questions feel free to pm.

Posted (edited)

and here i am after all this time ive not been utilizing crow flare and the high kicks for a knockdown :(

well least if i get close now that will be another way to doing knockdowns... i feel like chun chun's spec was completely devoted to early and mid game PvE

considering 55-57 is when she has all the late game PvP necessary skills listed that you must have!

Edited by DiBBz

Posted

I need to find time to make the colored based pictures i had before, Having a full time job, social life and being officer makes it hard to have a good evaluation of my currents findings. I can supply you guys with my current build tho, for more questions PM I keep an (better) eye in my inbox from now on!

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/sorcerer/14920

Good luck and thanks for the confidence.