• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Because some people still don't get it - Make Alts first thing

98 posts in this topic

Posted

I know you are all excited to rush for 50, but unless you just MUST race to be the very first 50 (and how would you know?) then make alts as soon as you start playing.

I must be the very first 51. soz

2 people like this

Posted

Gotta grab them sweet names before anyone else does too

Posted

Thank you. This is actually pretty neat advice. But, won't there only be 4 character slots per channel? Or am I misinformed? 

Posted

Thank you. This is actually pretty neat advice. But, won't there only be 4 character slots per channel? Or am I misinformed? 

Up to 9

Posted

Nice, thanks for this info!

Posted

Conq's get +3, so they have 7 per SERVER, not per channel.  And you can have a max of 9 if you buy two more but I don't plan to do that off the start.

7 lets me have all classes, and should be enough energy to start.

Posted

Thanks for the info :)

Posted

being an alt-maniac I approve of this. although this leaves me 2-3 days of character creation, picking names, changing looks. >_> Ill never get to play!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Reminder:

About Alts -

1. Offline energy regeneration is 1 per 30 minutes.
  2. Online energy regeneration is 1 per 3 minutes, unless you lay in a bed in a residence while online, in which case it is 1 per minute.

3. A character has to be level 4 to use the quick character switch interface to avoid logging-out/logging-in.

4. The alts can be different classes or the same class

5. All characters in one account share the same max cap for energy and Contribution points.

6. All characters share the same current and max values for contribution points. If your main is 5/50, then all of your alts will also be 5/50.

7. Each character has its own independent current energy value, and share the same max cap. So you could have your main with 4/60, and alts with 0/60, 60/60, and any other value of x/60. But all would share a max cap of 60.

8. There is a quick switch interface that allows you to switch from one character to an alt, bypassing the logout/login sequence, but it only works with characters level 4 or higher.

9. All characters on the account share the same knowledge, map and quest history, other than the tutorial quest, which is individual to each character.

10. All characters on the same account share mounts, pets, vehicles, nodes, houses, and all warehouses.

being an alt-maniac I approve of this. although this leaves me 2-3 days of character creation, picking names, changing looks. >_> Ill never get to play!!!

Naa, ive got templates for each class, so that makes creating the alts MUCH faster.

2 people like this

Posted

Really cool advice. I wonder if their will be changes to it in the future though. *shrugs*
   So even if you main a toon, your benefitting from this. If your new to the game, this is a excellent starting option as well before deciding what to main.. Many also mentioned using this to store//reserve future names too.

*Guild group -Godfathers-

**Twitch team-- Enthaupten

Posted

Who won't make Alts? 

Posted

People who are new to the game or didn't make the in CBT2 don't get how important they are because in most games they are just extra inventory.

Posted

With the lengthy character delete timers I regret not spending more time with the character creation tool. I'd only customized 4 characters but I probably won't even use them. My headstart is going to be spent in character creation perfecting the looks of all my alts, lol.

Posted

With the lengthy character delete timers I regret not spending more time with the character creation tool. I'd only customized 4 characters but I probably won't even use them. My headstart is going to be spent in character creation perfecting the looks of all my alts, lol.

You are lost to us :)

Posted

I use my alts extensively for their energy - investing in nodes, resetting knowledge, and conversing w/ NPCs to gain knowledge.

2 people like this

Posted

delete timer as in the slot is held up? or the name? or the name is gone?  Ive heard alot of things on deleting chars. 

You are lost to us :)

I wanted to make alts when the game went live to hold Character Names, but not fuss about 100% looks untill I was ready to play said alt, I could get him to lvl 4 and use him for what you mentiond in the mean time. BUT my question is, say I make an alt named examplealt and he was 100% ugly, MAYBE even the wrong class, but the name I wanted. Could I delete that alt when I was ready to play him, make the char perfect looking and re-take the name? I've heard from some the name is stuck in limbo for 30 days, or gone forever O_O

Hopefully its fairly lenient so I can fuss on my main, get in game, and then hold alt slots with quick made chars (also reserving lucrative names :o )

Posted

Heard NOTHING about what happens to names. 

Posted

That's useful. I never make alts, just have one main the whole game, but I guess making one and living them in the city doing the "paperwork" can be benefiting here.

Posted

Very good tip. I plan to take my time with the game, but am glad you shared the info with us.

1 person likes this

Posted

are we able to save templates in the launch version of the game like the char creator? maybe Ill be lucky enough to hop on my brothers conquerors account and do some extensive work on templates before my explorers account becomes active :D heres hoping he dont call in sick for work otherwise going to be some redbull during the nights to sneak on lol

Posted

Yes, you can save templates.

Posted

I had plans to do my alts like this also.

Posted

Yeah, I can think of no drawback, especially if you have templates made or download them before hand so you don't waste time in char creator.

At most you are 30 min behind

Posted

Problem is, it took me a couple hours to make my ranger, and I refuse to go with a quick 'default' look for any alts.