• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Because some people still don't get it - Make Alts first thing

98 posts in this topic

Posted

Umm, that's nice and all, but these are FAMILY members, what could be more RP than that??

Well ...you sir have a point, but an entire family seem so much work and I am lazy. I am weird like that, but I will spread about the news about alts to people who don't go to the forum.  Ahaha great advices though.

Posted

Hehe, come on, they can be those cousins that no one talks about, live in strange towns, doing god only knows what.  Family, what can you do? :)

Posted

I know you are all excited to rush for 50, but unless you just MUST race to be the very first 50 (and how would you know?) then make alts as soon as you start playing.

I plan to make my alts and take them to the point where you see the skill trainer in Olvia, yes, all six, and then start my main.

Alts earn energy while you aren't logged into them.  So long as they are level 4 you can even swap to them without logging out.

Alts share the energy max cap of your main, but each has their own energy pool, but they share everything else, since they are all in your family.  This means you can use their energy for node investment, worker purchase, whatever, because almost everything is shared between characters in the same family.

Do yourself a service and make alts, you can leave them in Olvia till you decide where they are needed to be parked, but make them and let them start collecting energy.  Then every so often swap to them and use the energy for node investment if nothing else so it doesn't sit capped.

About Alts -

1. Offline energy regeneration is 1 per 30 minutes.
  2. Online energy regeneration is 1 per 3 minutes, unless you lay in a bed in a residence while online, in which case it is 1 per minute.

3. A character has to be level 4 to use the quick character switch interface to avoid logging-out/logging-in.

4. The alts can be different classes or the same class

5. All characters in one account share the same max cap for energy and Contribution points.

6. All characters share the same current and max values for contribution points. If your main is 5/50, then all of your alts will also be 5/50.

7. Each character has its own independent current energy value, and share the same max cap. So you could have your main with 4/60, and alts with 0/60, 60/60, and any other value of x/60. But all would share a max cap of 60.

8. There is a quick switch interface that allows you to switch from one character to an alt, bypassing the logout/login sequence, but it only works with characters level 4 or higher.

9. All characters on the account share the same knowledge, map and quest history, other than the tutorial quest, which is individual to each character.

10. All characters on the same account share mounts, pets, vehicles, nodes, houses, and all warehouses.

I just tried this with all characters to level 4 just before seeing Buntt.

It will not let me instant change:

2016-02-28_130417511.JPG

Posted

Can you guys already make 7 chars?

Posted

i would make alts .. if they would give me more than two character slots...

Posted

I just tried this with all characters to level 4 just before seeing Buntt.

It will not let me instant change:

2016-02-28_130417511.JPG

number is in red, looks like they raised the lvl req for NA

Posted

i have 4x toons of level 10+. i am able to go to the character selection screen to change over (the one with the characters and servers listed). i dunno if that is what you mean. one thing i have discovered, but maybe i misunderstood things, is that it seems that if i am playing any toon on my account, the rest of them will not regenerate energy while i am playing the one. i do not mind this at all, just an observation. i am not sure if i log out of the game totally if all 4x of my toons will regenerate energy at the same time? or will they regen one by one?

in any case your advice is awesome to have alts. if nothing else to have more energy to play the npc amity game. i also found with the 4 alts i was able to do the Sady quest in the very first town 4 times, and therefore received contribution reward 4 times. 

Posted

Offline characters regen at rate of 1 per 30 min, so its slow, which is why you want them early

Posted

Offline characters regen at rate of 1 per 30 min, so its slow, which is why you want them early

say we use these alts energy for investing into nodes ect ect, what if they release alternate sex varient for a class, say male ranger, can I delete my female ranger alt, remake it male, and still benifit off all the energy I had already used on the deleted toon? I want to know if I can make a drone-army to benifit from energy and at some point delete them one at a time to replace with a real character. 

Posted

ahhhhhh. ty for that information. things make more sense now. this is gonna be a game that lasts for a while at least for me

Posted

say we use these alts energy for investing into nodes ect ect, what if they release alternate sex varient for a class, say male ranger, can I delete my female ranger alt, remake it male, and still benifit off all the energy I had already used on the deleted toon? I want to know if I can make a drone-army to benifit from energy and at some point delete them one at a time to replace with a real character. 

CP is the only thing you get back, and all chars share same CP pool and CP max. Energy all chars share same max, and once spent energy is gone

1 person likes this

Posted

CP is the only thing you get back, and all chars share same CP pool and CP max. Energy all chars share same max, and once spent energy is gone

CP is character pts I guess? I dont know about that at all, so once energy is spent its gone, that means im fine doing my drone alt army to use energy and then delete them after but still maintaining all the benifits they had already invested into? 

thanks again for all the info on this topic, seems one thats fairly over looked

Posted

Correct, and CP is contribution points

Posted

All the drama brings me back to this thread. Thats a lot of lost energy that needs to be compensated from having all the extra alts from conqueror's pack that could have been regening.

Posted (edited)

i got a question can you stand still in-game (AFK) and don't get kicked of the server after a amount of time ? And do i really need 6 alts or is just 1 alt already enough?

Edited by Hro

Posted

Great info about the utilization of alts. I have no characters aside from my main, plus I have 2 bonus character slots sitting there from my preorder as well. I best hop to it!

Posted

A quick necro of this post because too many people still don't have at least 3 alts if not 6 alts (7 total) or even 9 total

Posted (edited)

I have a potentially silly question regarding the energy gain... If i had 5 alts gaining 1 energy per 30minutes, but I could login to my main for 30minutes on a bed and gain more energy, why would I have 5 alts?

I am on the understanding that I am completely missing something?

Edited by AverageJay

Posted

I have a potentially silly question regarding the energy gain... If i had 5 alts gaining 1 energy per 30minutes, but I could login to my main for 30minutes on a bed and gain more energy, why would I have 5 alts?

I am on the understanding that I am completely missing something?

Well, one answer to your question is that you can be actually PLAYING the main character while the alts are gaining energy offline.

Also, please note the original post had errors.  Offline recovery is 1 per 60 minutes.  Online recovery was correctly stated at 1 per 3 minutes BUT there are two categories of beds.  You'll get 2 energy every 3 minutes in a bed bought at a vendor or 3 every 3 minutes in a bed from the cash shop.

Posted

Well, one answer to your question is that you can be actually PLAYING the main character while the alts are gaining energy offline.

Also, please note the original post had errors.  Offline recovery is 1 per 60 minutes.  Online recovery was correctly stated at 1 per 3 minutes BUT there are two categories of beds.  You'll get 2 energy every 3 minutes in a bed bought at a vendor or 3 every 3 minutes in a bed from the cash shop.

offline used to be 1 per 30 mins as well

Posted

Nope, it was 1 per 30 mins at launch but it's been 1 per hour for quite a while now.

Posted

Do you regenerate more energy in a bed even if your character is offline?

Posted

Do you regenerate more energy in a bed even if your character is offline?

No.  Offline is offline.  Doesn't matter where you logged out.