• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Names, deleting, restoring, remaking

19 posts in this topic

Posted

When the game goes live I wanted to make some alts to bank energy as well as be a place-holder for some other names I want to save. I want to make these quickly (default character template) and get back on my main to have some fun. My concern is come the time I actually want to use that name, re-create the character with proper appearance ect, there could be issues, it seems no one 100% knows the proccess of character deletion and the window of reusing the name. 

Some say you can use the name right after deleting, some say 24 hour wait, some say 30 day wait, some say the name is gone forever....

As you can see if its anywhere from 30 day wait ect then what Im looking to do is very impractical, Id have to delete the char 30 days before I planned to try and re-snag the name and remake the character. 

Do we know the answer to this yet, or is it going to take waiting till the 28th and asking people with conq package to try it. I am but a humble explorer

Posted

Im not sure sorry o.O

Posted

Good question! Will the name be available for all players after the 24hours deletion window or during that window?

Posted (edited)

*ask a friend to test it out on headstart.

On cbt2, it literally had the time/day (24hrs) when it was going to be deleted.

/g'day.

Edited by Temeraire

Posted

Test it out on headstart.

On cbt2, it literally had the time/day when it was going to be deleted.

/g'day.

agree

Posted

Looking for this information as well.

Posted

I''ll bump this on the 28th then looking for answers :P 

Posted

as long as its got a deletion timer which is 24 hours the name will be unavailable to anyone because the character isn't deleted yet

Posted (edited)

I did remember testing in beta deleting a character (24 hrs as PartyBlues said), and I couldn't create another character with the name at that time.  It's all the info I have for certain.

I never had time to test if the name could be used after deletion immediately  (I assume it is available then, but I could be wrong).

Edited by Colson_15

Posted

Looking for info from Conquerors package people today :D

Posted

As PartyBlues mentioned, it's a 24 hour wait period to delete a character. As for whether the name will be available after the character has been deleted, I want to say it's immediate but it is also possible they changed it. I can give you a more concrete answer after 24 hours.

Posted

In the Korean version once a character was above a certain level threshold, it took a few days at least for the character to delete and once it was deleted you could get the name back. It would show a timer so you'd know when.

Posted (edited)

I tested it in CBT2, because I was going to do the same.

The name is freed when the character finishes deleting.

Edited by DAOWAce

Posted

Only input I can give into this is that in KR, after my characters are deleted, I can't seem to reuse those names again. Past few days I've made well over 8 characters to test customization files & how they look ingame. After deleting them (completely, as in no deletion timer left), I can't reuse those names anymore. Some screenshots for proof:

See the name Alexandrie and deleting:

bdo_kr_names.thumb.png.b4265424636a2515b

What it looks like today (no more pending deletion):

bdo_kr_names1.thumb.png.176f0d2f6c58b822

Same name, cannot use:

2016-02-28_47028310.thumb.JPG.fa4ffcb2e4

Posted

Only input I can give into this is that in KR, after my characters are deleted, I can't seem to reuse those names again. Past few days I've made well over 8 characters to test customization files & how they look ingame. After deleting them (completely, as in no deletion timer left), I can't reuse those names anymore. Some screenshots for proof:

Hidden Content

wow, this is huge info, this backs the black hole theory lol, or at least the 30 day theory. I guess Ill keep waiting untill people test it on the live NA server with the conq package, because obv it could work differently here then in Korea, maybe it was a bigger deal in Korea because the games f2p, and people could use free accounts to steal/save names and then potentially sell the names. 

Posted

why can't CM/GM just answer this clearly outlining the details. Anyone tried emailing them? If not, I'm going to. 

Posted

In my experience on the Korean server, after the deletion period has expired, I could remake the character and reuse the name.  I am HOPING this is the same here.... Not that I plan on redoing my characters.

Posted

wow, this is huge info, this backs the black hole theory lol, or at least the 30 day theory. I guess Ill keep waiting untill people test it on the live NA server with the conq package, because obv it could work differently here then in Korea, maybe it was a bigger deal in Korea because the games f2p, and people could use free accounts to steal/save names and then potentially sell the names. 

Actually, upon some closer reading with Google Translate picture, it is indeed 32 days to reuse the name. 
Rough translation of yellow text is: "The minimum you may need to re-use the same elapsed since the character is completely removed". Engrish, but you get the point. Download the Google Translate app on your phone to see for yourself.

bdo_kr_names.thumb.png.b6420ffc3942ae6a7

This might not be the case for NA/EU though. I haven't tested it yet.

2 people like this

Posted

do you really have to wait over 30 days to re-use your Name?

My god, this is a nightmare...