• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How and where did you hear about BDO?

46 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have'nt seen a good topic on how you found out about BDO so.
Where did you hear about the game or see it?
Why are you so hyped about the game?

I found out about the game in the end of 2013,
I was trying to find a good mmo whit great character creation and good gameplay.
Well there is one thing you all should know about me, I hate to carry around 90 kilos swords that are in real life imposseble to swing or even lift so I was after a good game whit realistic swords and bows and arrows.
Don't get me wrong I love fantasy but the kind thats realistic whit real size swords and so on.
So one day a old friend/clan leader on DDO I was playing whit before showed me a trailer of character creation for black desert and I was hooked for the creation part mainly because I love playing the sims.
I'm not a family man like that I just make the sims/build a house/kill the family and redo it all over agian :).

Anyhow I'm hyped because the game looks just beatyful and the creation will take me hours and hours in end to make a good character :)
I have'nt got the chance to play the game but I sooo gonna play every character in the game.

I might not be the best to tell a story from my own sight in how and why anything is calling me to try and look some games up but this will i'm sure blown me away.

Edited by Tessirch

Posted

Bikeman/Twitch got me interested in the game although they were playing the Korean version.

Posted

Heard about the game in 2014 and saw some character creation videos on youtube!
I really enjoy the graphics of the game and the combat system, also looking forward to see some guild activity and meet great like-minded players.

Posted

I once saw a teaser page (I don't know if it was official or not) and kept coming back to watch it because it was so awesome. That was probably 2014.
Then I finally started playing the game this year.

Posted

Steparu youtube channel.

3 people like this

Posted

Saw it somewhere online, I don't know like early/mid 2014? along side- bless? Followed a fan site for awhile until I arrived here.

Posted

Internet.

Posted

I first heard about it mentioned by friends while playing another game. :x

Posted

I first saw it streamed on twitch was interessed and kept watching and following it since then :P 

Posted

When a friend sent me alpha game play i felt it was bland and overdone

But now.. something about the GvG battles and the amount of immersion that I feel is being advertised has pulled me back ^_^

Posted

When I was MMO searching I saw it on a line up before I eventually went to Steparu's gaming Channel. My interest took off from there. :P

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I was playing tera at the time and my friend mentioned it and swore that I would play this game when it comes out in the west. at that time only the first 4 classes were out.

Edited by Kirihito

Posted

I saw it somewhere but dismissed it since it wasn't out in the west, then saw someone I follow on twitch (KingRadinov I think) stream it some time later and I realized I could actually play.  Been hooked since. :)

Posted

Steparu youtube channel.

Indeed! steparu is an amazing person and very enjoyable to play with!

Hard working editor with good gameplay/guides!

Posted

A friend of mine :) and I thank him daily for telling me about it !

Posted (edited)

The comment section on youtube under archeage videos when AA was still in closed beta (I think). However I only started taking an interest when Bikeman started streaming it on twitch.

Edited by HugMeNot

Posted

Saw the first trailer on youtube a few years ago. The graphics SHOCKed me! and with the amazing combat system, I knew I was gonna play the shit out of this game. And now we are here :) only a few more months until release. FUCK YEA. its great time to be alive

2 people like this

Posted

First heard about it on Massively back in 2012 I think? Fell in love with it almost instantly.

Posted

Steparu youtube channel.

me too the first video was in 2011

Saw the first trailer on youtube a few years ago. The graphics SHOCKed me! and with the amazing combat system, I knew I was gonna play the shit out of this game. And now we are here :) only a few more months until release. FUCK YEA. its great time to be alive

from steparu ?

Posted

I woke up on a Thursday morning, feeling good about what would come of today. When suddenly my tummy rumbled and a fart squeak out, whispering the words "Black Desert~" Astonished I was, crawling through Google on Google Chrome on my CPU. Searching far and searching deep, for the words my fart had once speak~

To my minds eye surprise, it was printed so bold! Black Desert Online a Korean mmo... 

As days went past and girlfriends I sure had, while jumping into the Military a term so fondly had, I geared in my teeth and woke one night to listen to the cheeks that speak in whisper "Black Desert~" 

Hearing this phrase erupting from the pillowed mountain of plush valley I rushed to my Discord with friends all filled with blissful admiration to try new mmos. I new friend I had made told me the words "Black Desert Online, HAVE YOU HERD DO YOU SEE?!!?" 

I turned and said "Not me, you see. I thought t'was game was not for me~" But with strike of light to my tummy did delight another fart "Black Desert~" erupt. The website was bland and my toes they did curl. I saw the words which made my groin churn!                         

***!!!Black Desert Online!!!*** Murica/English (NA/EU) mmo....

1 person likes this

Posted

me too the first video was in 2011

from steparu ?

If the first footage of blackdesert was from steparu, i believe so! I was so hyped and now its finally happening!

2 people like this

Posted

A friend of mine who I met through online gaming mentioned it to me. Now we'll move to this game as a group ;>

Posted

If the first footage of blackdesert was from steparu, i believe so! I was so hyped and now its finally happening!

was this video right ? xD

Posted

I forget exactly when it happened, but I saw some korean alpha footage a few years ago. The combat system looked awesome. I've been checking on it every few months since. 

Posted (edited)

I woke up on a Thursday morning, feeling good about what would come of today. When suddenly my tummy rumbled and a fart squeak out, whispering the words "Black Desert~" Astonished I was, crawling through Google on Google Chrome on my CPU. Searching far and searching deep, for the words my fart had once speak~

To my minds eye surprise, it was printed so bold! Black Desert Online a Korean mmo... 

As days went past and girlfriends I sure had, while jumping into the Military a term so fondly had, I geared in my teeth and woke one night to listen to the cheeks that speak in whisper "Black Desert~" 

Hearing this phrase erupting from the pillowed mountain of plush valley I rushed to my Discord with friends all filled with blissful admiration to try new mmos. I new friend I had made told me the words "Black Desert Online, HAVE YOU HERD DO YOU SEE?!!?" 

I turned and said "Not me, you see. I thought t'was game was not for me~" But with strike of light to my tummy did delight another fart "Black Desert~" erupt. The website was bland and my toes they did curl. I saw the words which made my groin churn!                         

***!!!Black Desert Online!!!*** Murica/English (NA/EU) mmo....

Holy Fart then right?
That was one good story :)
Almost poetic

Edited by Tessirch
1 person likes this