• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How and where did you hear about BDO?

46 posts in this topic

Posted

was this video right ? xD

not sure, its been a while

2 people like this

Posted

Someone posted a video about 4 years ago on the Vindictus forums.  It wasn't the one from Step, I think it was from a Korean channel.  I immediately fell in love and have been an impatient whiny bitch since then.  CBT1 is finally a week and a half away :D  New GPU is in the mail.  Life is good.

Posted

Some TOP 10 or TOP 5 MMORPG videos - don't even know from who. 

BnS, GW2 etc were in it as well. For sure a long time ago.

- Jeasy

Posted

BDO was brought up on the Vindy forums, and I was searching for MMOs with similar combat to Vindy at the time.

Up till now, BDO and KuF2 are the only ones who have held my interest so far.

Posted

BDO was brought up on the Vindy forums, and I was searching for MMOs with similar combat to Vindy at the time.

Up till now, BDO and KuF2 are the only ones who have held my interest so far.

I'm pretty sure I've killed you before in another lifetime. :(

Posted

One incredibly lonely, and now removed video, about an upcoming "Korean MMO that is going to shatter all expectations" about 5 years ago now. It was under 2 mins and it showed a war scene with some archer and sorceress cinematics and then just fades to black as their game name slowly fades in over the dark screen. That was enough to get me hooked on this game all those years ago. I wish I could find said video...

Posted

I'm pretty sure I've killed you before in another lifetime. :(

I just got banished to another world.

Tieve... will not be abandoned!

Posted

Steparuuuu

Posted

i was looking for something new to play on MMORPG.com i was tired of AION. ARCHEAGE had come out but the time needed to invest in Archeage was ridiculous! I just didn't have 12 hours a day to invest in a game, So i started looking for a new game and saw Black Desert. Been following it ever since that was 2013 started playing Japanese server this year

Posted

Internet.

100-funny-cat-animated-gifs-76.gif

Everything makes sense now!

Posted

Where did you hear about the game or see it? I heard of it on a BnS fan site. When I was looking at what they had listed for other games.
Why are you so hyped about the game? Well at first it was just the graphics. Now it is more about all that I have learned about it. There is a lot to do. I do like the housing horses and the other things I have read up on it.

Posted

2013 youtube trailer *.*

Posted

100-funny-cat-animated-gifs-76.gif

Everything makes sense now!

Bhahahhaa xD awesome ;3

I've had seen it on MMOSite.com.. from what I can remember. It got advertised as the most revolutionary groundbreaking upcoming game ! (Which it is) 

Posted

I Heard about it from one of their earlier trailers. I'm thinking around 2012 was it? I thought to myself "That looks really cool. I hope I get to play that before 2040" :D

I hope I get into the beta! <3

Posted

I was at the gym trying to go for a new PR, it was a dark night.... it was stormy outside. Then one of my training partners told me about the game when we were taking a break. she showed me gameplay videos of it as well.

She knew i liked MMO, games I was hyped ever since lol this was a year ago.

Posted

Awaiting the GW2 Launch, there was a youtube video about how it put GW2 to shame. Was hooked from there, back in 2012 I guess it was.

Posted

I don't remember exactly. It was either because I was searching for sandbox MMO or MMO with best graphics back in early 2014. 

In an alternative universe I think I found out about BDO from a salty AA player on the forums telling us that AA was doomed because BDO was coming. 

Posted

I got depressed that there were no mmos I liked and just searched "random mmos." lol

Posted

When I was MMO searching I saw it on a line up before I eventually went to Steparu's gaming Channel. My interest took off from there. :P

Same for me

Posted

Stumbled across it years ago looking for a game with horses that didn't suck. That was before Alicia online went under. Kept my eye on it ever since.

Posted

Not too sure, read about it somewhere while looking to new upcoming games or looking for updates on games like bless, monster hunter online, moonlight blade, black sheep project etc. I remember always checking back on pearl abyss's site for some kind of information on the game. 

A moment I have cemented in my head is this part where the sorcerer turns her head and I was like oh..wow.. now this is interesting, these guys are serious.