• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Mmo players have become lazy!

31 posts in this topic

Posted

This was just on my mind and I wanted to share it and get your opinions.

Many of my Gw2 buddy's that I've played with around 2 years don't want to play BDO Because:

-No Tp, they have to actualy run around the world instead of press a button. (In my opinion it's much better with no tp you get to explore this amazing world)

-A lot of grinding in BDO. There are many ways to level up in gw2 without doing anything literely. I could make 20 characters max levels in seconds if I wanted to with the tomes.

-In BDO You have to manualy put your materials/items into storage ect... In gw2 for example you can press 1 button and bam all your materials are in your bank no need to move.

Anyway I could list many more reason's but you get the idea of what I'm trying to say. I hope this will not cause any stupid arguments, I just wanted to know if other's think the same. Have Mmo player's become lazy ?

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, blame the new generation of mmo's which are glorified tunnels instead of real adventures. Hoping bdo has an effect on our perception of mmo's and what they should be.

4 people like this

Posted

Too bad it's about videogames overall and not just about mmos

1 person likes this

Posted

Many of my Gw2 buddy's that I've played with around 2 years don't want to play BDO Because:

-No Tp, they have to actualy run around the world instead of press a button. (In my opinion it's much better with no tp you get to explore this amazing world)

-A lot of grinding in BDO. There are many ways to level up in gw2 without doing anything literely. I could make 20 characters max levels in seconds if I wanted to with the tomes.

-In BDO You have to manualy put your materials/items into storage ect... In gw2 for example you can press 1 button and bam all your materials are in your bank no need to move.

Anyway I could list many more reason's but you get the idea of what I'm trying to say. I hope this will not cause any stupid arguments, I just wanted to know if other's think the same. Have Mmo player's become lazy ?

youve listed some of the things i like a lot about this game.

4 people like this

Posted

Most MMO's now-a-days catered to the minority, thus, created a new majority.

It's all about how fast I can get to end-game and be done. It should be about the journey, and enjoying everything in between start and max-level.

2 people like this

Posted

because new mmo players arent mmo player , they are queuing-simulator and waiting-for-dungeon simulator player.
not the same.
BDO will be filtered after 1-2months and mmo players will remains.

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

My Very First Mmo Back in 2001 was very Similar to this one-Apart from being top down 2-D wear it took 3 Years to level from 1-100 so I'm Actually looking forward to it After the Mmos of nowadays .

Edit: I Forgot about the Town Scrolls or the Colored Shout Scrolls for 1M gold -MOS  the Myth of Soma

Edited by Lasarith
1 person likes this

Posted

Knights Online conditioned me for this years ago :)

Posted

Exploring a new world is what makes true mmorpg's so good. It's exciting going out and finding new locations that haven't been explored much, and finding new things to do along the way while making friends is what makes it so great. I agree with Sizer, after a little while the grand opening hype will die down and the players who will truly be enjoying the game will have remained.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yep I agree. Gamers have become completely accustomed to big glowing arrows showing them what, when, where and how - and getting, more or less, what they need or where they need at the click of a button.

IMO, the problem gaming has right now is its mainstream appeal. I actually liked it better when everyone and their grandmother wasn't playing games. In general, games systems have been dumbed down while the flashy effects and eye candy has been dialed up. So you end up with mass appeal factor but a shallow experience when its all said and done.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, this is the age of "everyone gets a trophy." And of he who whines most or screams loudest gets listened to instead of backhanded, so...... 

3 people like this

Posted

because new mmo players arent mmo player , they are queuing-simulator and waiting-for-dungeon simulator player.not the same.
BDO will be filtered after 1-2months and mmo players will remains.

bah... I had to throw a like at that.

As someone who has watched MMOs go increasingly and increasingly towards immersion breaking but time saving queue instead of explore games I'm happy there's a game that rewinds a lot of 'standard features' I've never cared for.

1 person likes this

Posted

Most MMO's now-a-days catered to the minority, thus, created a new majority.

It's all about how fast I can get to end-game and be done. It should be about the journey, and enjoying everything in between start and max-level.

not even sure it began as catering to a minority, it was just pure uninspired laziness. why make a well developed fully built expansive game for 30 bucks when you can now make a poorly made not very thought out super quick game and pop a 60$ price tag on it? 

Posted

I'll have you know i have been lazy since 1984.

Posted (edited)

The last mmo to be like this was final fantasy 11/ lineage 2.

Dont blame this on current mmo gamers, they have no idea what real mmo used to be like.

Edited by SakariFoxx

Posted

not even sure it began as catering to a minority, it was just pure uninspired laziness. why make a well developed fully built expansive game for 30 bucks when you can now make a poorly made not very thought out super quick game and pop a 60$ price tag on it? 

Very true. And honestly, it goes back to WoW. I remember how -good- and -bad- the skill trees were back all the way from Vanilla to Warlords... It went from trial and error to pick the best allocation for your playstyle, to the best allocation for your class, to "You have 3 options every 10 levels. So... There you go".

It got ridiculous.

Posted

MMORPG players have been lazy since Everquest in 1999. Where have you all been? That's the reason the terms Casual and Hardcore actually exist.

The players who didn't raid back in 1999-2003 came up with the term hardcore as a derogatory term against those who put effort into teaming up and raiding with guilds. The idea was they didn't have jobs or other prorities which allowed them to pull off their raiding content. This was actually done by the non-raiders so they could feel 'above' their hardcore counterparts by marginalizing their achievements by claiming they were socially inept.

Started as, "Oh I'm casual, I actually have a life unlike those hardcore raiders."

The term 'filthy casual' came when a subset of that raiding population decided to take the term and run with it. Not much unlike the term for PC Master Gaming Race.

EQ-Players are known to claim they had it hard because of death penalties and corpse runs. What they fail to tell you is they had spells and tools at their disposal that mitigated those events almost entirely. And they also fail to tell you that they had no rotations to speak of, nor did the pace of combat require the full group. Its not uncommon for 2-3 group members to AFK in the middle of combat. And its not taboo to do so, as you don't need the full group present and the pace is slow enough that the fight may actually be still going when they get back.

Posted (edited)

I am not lazy, but i have a right to be! i played EQ soo this is basically a walk in the park......

Some people maybe are no longer willing to do all the mmo work, especially if you played the old crazy ones, there is nothing wrong with them being a bit lazy.

Edited by Spartiatis

Posted

youve listed some of the things i like a lot about this game.

+1

Posted

You said enough with just GW2 i dont think GW2 player can voice their opinions when they play the biggest mmo disapointment

Posted

Haha, I remember the good ol' days in Silkroad Online. Where it took two years to hit level 70. Grinding several hours every day.

-thousand yard stare-

Posted

In fact, no teleport can be really boring but i agree with u.
A lot of my friends just want easy "but boring asfck" online game.

The real problem is : People want to find theirs old played games in the new one so...

- Oh no, we can't do that... We can't do this... Bad game.
  - There are no teleport... can't believe a 2015 game without teleport...
  - Too much grind, i want to play as a casual with daily quests LOL 9_9
  - Or just : I'm to boring to start a new character on a new game.

I was like that few years ago, i wanted to find my old played games in the new one. They need to realize that there are no perfect game and even if it look perfect for someone it can be horrible for another one.

Posted

Im excited in that I have to actually play a game, not let a game play itself for me.

1 person likes this

Posted

*looks in thread of preorder people -----ing about no cash shop in head start*

Gee whiz, where'd you assume that?

Posted

I come from the early days of Lineage 2, maybe one of the biggest grind games in history... well at least the first few chronicles.

Nothing better than getting a beer, a bag of chips and grind a few hours alone or with few friends.

First i had mixed feelings as well with the no teleports, but after playing beta i never really missed it.

But yea its true, most recent mmos are to easy. Tera and BnS for example. Few dungeon runs and you get max gear.

Sure you have better gear but mostly they arn't that much better.