• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

To Buy or Not to Buy a costume that is the question!

To Buy or Not to Buy that is the question!   191 votes

1. 1. Are you Happy or NOT with the 10% discount and will you buy or not buy the costumes?

• Happy with the 10% Shop Discount and will buy 1 or more costumes
    • Happy with the 10% Shop Discount and will NOT buy any costumes
    • NOT Happy with the 10% Shop Discount and will NOT buy any costumes
    • NOT Happy with the 10% Shop Discount and will buy 1 or more costumes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 posts in this topic

Posted

Will you buy a costume or not with the 10% discount reported on MMORPG website?

Personally, I will probably buy one depending on what the conquerors set looks like (on my main only). I will however, buy Pets, Inv Spaces carts etc.

Posted (edited)

Will save that 29-32 Euros and spend it on a few Steam games in the Spring / Summer Sale.

Now, that is value.

Edited by Enk
9 people like this

Posted

nope.gif

Posted

People really don't understand how games gain revenue. What is better? A 30$ costume with no additional cash shop items being added? Or the AA approach of selling out, lowering the price to 10-15$, then adding energy potions to supplement that revenue with P2W items?

Look at every other MMORPG out there and their cash shop models. I say yay to higher priced skins and no p2w items. Force them to lower it, and we all know whats coming next.

2 people like this

Posted

Will save that 29-32 Euros and spend it on a few Steam games in the Spring / Summer Sale.

Now, that is value.

Yeah, damn them with their 3USD discount

Posted

Buying at least 3 but no more than 4 *don't be foolish* !
3 furtivity costume (Camo, Sand, Fish) and 1 most epic beautiful chara ever ! *uhuh*9_9

stealth-level-ventura_o_314828.jpg

Posted

I don't like it but I want the black dress for my tamer. U mad?

1 person likes this

Posted

Gotta buy a costume. How else are you meant to win?

Posted

Well, I was never going to buy any full costumes anyway. I just don't like most of them but some have nice gloves or headpieces. I'll mostly spend my money on other things, like accessories, pets, dyes, etc.

I'm kinda glad the costumes for my classes don't appeal to me though, I think the price is still too high.

Posted

Force them to lower it, and we all know whats coming next.

They make more money because more people will buy them, that has already been made very clear.

Posted (edited)

What is better? A 30$ costume with no additional cash shop items being added?

First off, you don't know the future of the cash shop, so this is an assumption by you, and completely irrelevant. You don't come in and try to shut down a discussion thinking you know what you're talking about.

lowering the price to 10-15$, then adding energy potions to supplement that revenue with P2W items?

Even if they did lower the price a bit more, you're acting as if even less people would buy costumes, but I think more people would end up buying costumes.

Look at every other MMORPG out there and their cash shop models. I say yay to higher priced skins and no p2w items. Force them to lower it, and we all know whats coming next.

Again, no source of your claim. Most other MMORPGs became P2W because the publishers sucked and got greedy, nothing else.

This is also the reason why we have a new publisher for this game, because before Black Desert even released in the west they didn't want no current publisher here to touch the game.

Edited by BeastHunter

Posted

I'm not some special snowflake who's desperate to stand out from the crowd, they should raise the price imo.

Posted

10% discount only? Is that permanent or temporary?

Posted

Its not the i cannot afford it but more of a statement, if i see another trino, im out yo!

Posted

The forum has become all about people complaining about prices. buy, don't buy, that's all fine. just get over it.

I'm buying a costume because I can afford it. you can't? sucks... try maybe drinking one or two less coffees a week and save up? jesus christ. i don't see people complaining about buying $800 jackets (canada goose) that do the same job as a $80 jacket (any other jacket that does the same shit).

It's $29. get over it.

when-you-are-tired-of-explaining-somethi

3 people like this

Posted

To be honest the treant costume is a must and the new desert costume too so, u should get a part time job, or start to save up money :)

Posted

10% discount only? Is that permanent or temporary?

A rumour presently, but it doesn't surprise anyone, judging by the responses.

Posted

People really don't understand how games gain revenue. What is better? A 30$ costume with no additional cash shop items being added? Or the AA approach of selling out, lowering the price to 10-15$, then adding energy potions to supplement that revenue with P2W items?

Why do people assume, that if prices were $15 for an outfit, they would need to supplement anything?

People would just buy more outfits.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Not going to save up 126zł for a costume. .-. I'd spend 50-80zł but 126zł is still ridiculous, so no, no thank you. I can have way more valuable things for this amount of money.

Max I ever spent on a costume was in Dota2, 25 euro for Arcanas, but they change the way your character looks like, the way the skills look like, add a new voice over, special icons, new emotes, some are customizable. and have no stats giving you advantage

Here it's just an outfit and it's way more expensive. ¬¬

Edited by Vix

Posted

Not going to save up 126zł for a costume. .-. I'd spend 50-80zł but 126zł is still ridiculous, so no, no thank you. I can have way more valuable things for this amount of money.

Max I ever spent on a costume was in Dota2, 25 euro for Arcanas, but they change the way your character looks like, the way the skills look like, add a new voice over, special icons, new emotes, some are customizable. and have no stats giving you advantage

Here it's just an outfit and it's way more expensive. ¬¬

nice fine print... so you want the game to be pay to win like AA?

S4DN95o.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

GW2 does great with no p2w and low cash shop prices.

Posted

A rumour presently, but it doesn't surprise anyone, judging by the responses.

Figured by googling the source yeah. But if it happens to be true, 10% off would be a really minor change. I can see people taking it as a slap in the face as it isn't even close to what many have been suggesting for a price change.

Posted

nice fine print... so you want the game to be pay to win like AA?

S4DN95o.gif

How costumes being cheaper would turn the game into P2W? Tell me, how does this work? At this very moment you're paying for items giving you an advantage in game. Somehow, big titles like LoL or Dota2 or CS:GO sell costumes/skins for as cheap as 0,10 euros on the market place and they still earn a shit ton of money, having purely cosmetic stuff in the shop. People buy stuff that's pretty. If Cash Shop was more affordable, more people would be able to buy stuff from Cash Shop more often, meaning BDO gaining more in-come.

Lets face it- games are mostly populated by people between ages of 10-30 now, so kids, teens and students. They don't have 30 euros to spend on costumes whenever something pretty appears. Most of them will either buy 1 thing every month or will not buy anything at all, because they simply don't have money for them. If Cash Shop offered prices at 15-ish euro, many more people would view it as a reasonable price.

Not only that, but our version is the only one that's pre-paid, B2P, and our prices are closer to Korea's than Russia's. Because Russia's economy is -----ed? Their average wage is 500. My country's is 785, and there are countries in EU that'll buy BDO with average wages of less than 300 or 200 euros a month. How are they supposed to afford the costumes?

The prices are insane and not affordable/reasonable for too many people. If they'd drop them, they'd have more customers. It's a simple logic, really.

Posted

How costumes being cheaper would turn the game into P2W? Tell me, how does this work? At this very moment you're paying for items giving you an advantage in game. Somehow, big titles like LoL or Dota2 or CS:GO sell costumes/skins for as cheap as 0,10 euros on the market place and they still earn a shit ton of money, having purely cosmetic stuff in the shop. People buy stuff that's pretty. If Cash Shop was more affordable, more people would be able to buy stuff from Cash Shop more often, meaning BDO gaining more in-come.

Lets face it- games are mostly populated by people between ages of 10-30 now, so kids, teens and students. They don't have 30 euros to spend on costumes whenever something pretty appears. Most of them will either buy 1 thing every month or will not buy anything at all, because they simply don't have money for them. If Cash Shop offered prices at 15-ish euro, many more people would view it as a reasonable price.

Not only that, but our version is the only one that's pre-paid, B2P, and our prices are closer to Korea's than Russia's. Because Russia's economy is -----ed? Their average wage is 500. My country's is 785, and there are countries in EU that'll buy BDO with average wages of less than 300 or 200 euros a month. How are they supposed to afford the costumes?

The prices are insane and not affordable/reasonable for too many people. If they'd drop them, they'd have more customers. It's a simple logic, really.

listen, simple logic is this. you want to buy? go for it. you don't want to? stop complaining and don't. you don't have to buy. no one is forcing you to.

Posted

Now, that is value.

I used to think like that too.  Now I look at all the Steam games in my list that I haven't played and I realize I get more value in putting money into things I'll actually use.