• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

guide Wizard/Witch guide for beginners (PvX Build for level 1-50)

67 posts in this topic

Posted

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

there is no way to have 500 points after grind to 50 lvl, 300-350point is max, also no casting speed passive? Its most wanted thing for mage so...

Edited by xxGildarts

Posted

If you grind your way to 50 without doing any quests, yes you can't get nowhere close to 500SP. But if you bother questing you will have that amount. At the start you can compensate the lack of the casting speed passive with gear/crystals. Priority for beginner player is to get his dmg/cc skills before the c.speed passive. After 50 grinding the necessary SP for some of the other important skills/passives doesn't take that long.

But in any case everybody have his own opinion right?

Posted

If you grind your way to 50 without doing any quests, yes you can't get nowhere close to 500SP. But if you bother questing you will have that amount. At the start you can compensate the lack of the casting speed passive with gear/crystals. Priority for beginner player is to get his dmg/cc skills before the c.speed passive. After 50 grinding the necessary SP for some of the other important skills/passives doesn't take that long.

But in any case everybody have his own opinion right?

You are right in that. Taking Mind passive below 600 SP is foolish. It's good for endgame pvp, not for grinding.

However maxing evasion and undervaluing Magical Arrow is an equally bad choice. Also Earth's Response? Really? 

But that's just an opinion again :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the guide, it's great for anyone looking to understand each important skill.

Very quick and straight forward.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Here is my lowest point build 223 point

You could get to 50 no issues with this , and could even drop 12 points from mind training 

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/wizard/2946

chuck a couple points in whatever you want but its not a bad base build 

the heal skill, mana drain and the lightning skills are basically all i used leveling, rank 1 magic arrow was fine for grouping up mobs and arc lightning them to death. 

Edited by Babykin

Posted

Thanks for the information I believe if your grinding monsters only excluding quest rewards to expect 380 sp by level 50

Posted

Thanks very useful!

Posted

Looking forward to grinding witch

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the info

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the information I believe if your grinding monsters only excluding quest rewards to expect 380 sp by level 50

Your estimation is quite correct. After I got to 50 with my Wizzard, I was with around 360+SP.

Edited by D3usEX

Posted (edited)

T________T Seeing this hurts my soul. While it is important to level your skills, for now please focus on the important PVE Combos that also are your pvp combos.

Fireball + Fireball explosion are one of your most important skills for PVE and PVP. Seeing how majority of persons here dont even bother to skill it makes me sad. Read the skill description T_T 

Wizard/Witch PVE combo for easiest leveling imo is:

Fireball -> Explosion -> Thunderbolt -> Residual Lightning -> Chain Lightning ->  Multiple Arrow bunch(if that is even needed left,) 

Combo up there is your final combo for grinding even after level 50. Speaking of 55+ and other harder areas.

Those are also your PVP skills since fireball + explosion will deal a CC and knockdown effect which makes your next attack (thunderbolt, residual) deal alot more damage. Chain lightning then is to finish off the deal OR cc your enemy again, by that time your fireball CD will have reset so you can use it again or you will use Multiple Arrow to deal a critical hit that scales more than your dagger thrust.

Also a very important skill is Multiple Arrow, not concentrated Magic Arrow but ''Magical Arrow bunch'' since it is your 100% critical attack, one of your most used PVP attacks and very good for PVE aswell.

Of course it will take time to level those skills, but try to focus to atleast have Fireball and thunderbolt combo since it will deal the most damage out of all your attacks/combo (not counted blizz, meteor and 100%/200% attack)

Source: im and my friend are lv 56/58 Witch on KR servers.

Edited by Crystalie
5 people like this

Posted

T________T Seeing this hurts my soul. While it is important to level your skills, for now please focus on the important PVE Combos that also are your pvp combos.

Fireball + Fireball explosion are one of your most important skills for PVE and PVP. Seeing how majority of persons here dont even bother to skill it makes me sad. Read the skill description T_T 

Fireball -> Explosion -> Thunderbolt -> Residual Lightning -> Chain Lightning ->  Multiple Arrow bunch(if that is even needed left,) 

Combo up there is your final combo for grinding even after level 50. Speaking of 55+ and other harder areas.

Those are also your PVP skills since fireball + explosion will deal a CC and knockdown effect which makes your next attack (thunderbolt, residual) deal alot more damage. Chain lightning then is to finish off the deal OR cc your enemy again, by that time your fireball CD will have reset so you can use it again or you will use Multiple Arrow to deal a critical hit that scales more than your dagger thrust.

Also a very important skill is Multiple Arrow, not concentrated Magic Arrow but ''Magical Arrow bunch'' since it is your 100% critical attack, one of your most used PVP attacks and very good for PVE aswell.

Of course it will take time to level those skills, but try to focus to atleast have Fireball and thunderbolt combo since it will deal the most damage out of all your attacks/combo (not counted blizz, meteor and 100%/200% attack)

Thanks for the tips. I was gonna go this route in terms of leveling skills and leaving majority of skills at 1.

Should i max out both heals too? I'm on the borderline on this.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the tips. I was gonna go this route in terms of leveling skills and leaving majority of skills at 1.

Should i max out both heals too? I'm on the borderline on this.

For now there is no need to max out the heals as you have your mana drain skill, but in the long run it is very advised to do so. not only because it recovers almost all of your health, but also since it recovers your mp :)

Edited by Crystalie

Posted

Going for Lightning+resdue all the way since i learned it. Bombastic group killer at grinding with guildies. Insane range! If there is still something alive i finish with fb+expl or magic arrow. Level 36 now, armor is argentian @ +4 and staff +4

Posted

thanks for trying to help

the only reason we gonna take eventualy fireball is the better accurancy and lower cd (by one sec is fine)  whne instant cast it (withough sage memory) almost or try to hide the fireball to surpice  and lose damage , its not a priority gonna take it after 56 

every skill with down attack   modifier means that if the target is on knockdown state gonna do 50% more damage vs mobs and 35% vs players

to really maximize the dame of ligthing residue you need to attack one target with max casting speed on one spot while knockdown with your lighting residue before he gets up

multiple magical arrows got nerfed ( mm bunch with eu name) its the same exept instead of 7 missles  now its  2 ,,,,

Posted

thanks for trying to help

the only reason we gonna take eventualy fireball is the better accurancy and lower cd (by one sec is fine)  whne instant cast it (withough sage memory) almost or try to hide the fireball to surpice  and lose damage , its not a priority gonna take it after 56 

every skill with down attack   modifier means that if the target is on knockdown state gonna do 50% more damage vs mobs and 35% vs players

to really maximize the dame of ligthing residue you need to attack one target with max casting speed on one spot while knockdown with your lighting residue before he gets up

multiple magical arrows got nerfed ( mm bunch with eu name) its the same exept instead of 7 missles  now its  2 ,,,,

Well, I do not yet know the current changes on NA but fireball imo is a very very important skill. I might not be believed here, but Im sieging as witch every week and there are quiet a few pvp videos of my BF and also the best korean witches on youtube, they all use the exact same combo as I described just now. 

Will have to check out the multiple arrow nerf though~

Posted (edited)

with the current cc changes the combo wont work after the first knockdown  3or 4 sec  stun and knockdown immunity

otherwise it would be possible to do this  freezeing sage memory , wait for knockdown of iceblock ....*( max rank ) earthquake  fireball  meteor blizard cut out the blizard before it finishes explosion thunderbolt then lighing residue and chain ligthing and ligthing storm

lol p too bad all that dont work now   fireball is good for mass pvp for knockdown (more targets +more accurancy scaling and cd) for 1vs1 its not tho

also there is no reason to do explosion rigth away  you can  do other skills but not chain ligthing dodges telport and as long  you got the fire explosion buff 

you can do it

Edited by razien
forgot

Posted

with the current cc changes the combo wont work after the first knockdown  3or 4 sec  stun and knockdown immunity

otherwise it would be possible to do this  freezeing sage memory , wait for knockdown of iceblock ....*( max rank ) earthquake  fireball  meteor blizard cut out the blizard before it finishes explosion thunderbolt then lighing residue and chain ligthing and ligthing storm

lol p too bad all that dont work now   fireball is good for mass pvp for knockdown (more targets +more accurancy scaling and cd) for 1vs1 its not tho

I am playing on NA right now and seeing no issue with that combo whatsoever. Who uses earthquake and iceblock in quick pvp 1vs1? I have never seen those skills being used. earthquake is for a quick CC while you skill interrupt it, else its complete trash. 

Again, fireball is one of the most important skills IN 1vs1.... 

Posted (edited)

the last rank of earthquake ever took it i know prety good players that use it xD also did   you tried the cc changes in pvp?  im not i nthe game i will play tomm but it was live in cbt

also did you know that you can move around the thunderbolt rage skill to block left or rigth or in your  back as  you see fit and do damage

and its the same with blizard and meteor?

erathquake is the weakest but on max rank only worths  and  duration is much longer also

and yes fire is very important for 1vs1  but to skill it to full? not a priority 

Edited by razien

Posted

I came. This is spot on imo.

1 person likes this

Posted

Does maxing the Ice skills give you better chances at pulling off the CC combos at high levels?

Posted (edited)

Does maxing the Ice skills give you better chances at pulling off the CC combos at high levels?

For now, dont max the ice skills neither max the earth skills it would be a waste of skillpoints you could use for any other skills that are more usefull. Keep the earth and ice skills on level1 that is enough for now. for your CC to hit you will need to be higher level of your opponent and outscale them in gear aswell. In endgame there are gems that will give them alot of resistance against ice and fire ccs aswell. so maxing them only for the purpose of CC would be waste imo. 

the last rank of earthquake ever took it i know prety good players that use it xD also did   you tried the cc changes in pvp?  im not i nthe game i will play tomm but it was live in cbt

also did you know that you can move around the thunderbolt rage skill to block left or rigth or in your  back as  you see fit and do damage

and its the same with blizard and meteor?

erathquake is the weakest but on max rank only worths  and  duration is much longer also

and yes fire is very important for 1vs1  but to skill it to full? not a priority 

You could always move arround blizzard and the 100% rage skill. you could do that since as long I can think and since as soon witch/wiz was implemented in the Korean Version. Blizzard and the 100%rage skill do by no means block any attacks that you will get from your right or left side. at most the only thing that is going to happen at siegees is those skills being interrupted even before you could finish casting them because everyones priority in group pvp and sieges is taking out witch/ranger first.

Even while you have someone ''ccd'' in your blizzard or in your rage attack they have chances to overcome the CC and freely dodge away, its all dependend on your level. 

Since our discussion is already 2 topics wide I will post videos to proof my standing point here:

Edited by Crystalie
2 people like this

Posted

For now, dont max the ice skills neither max the earth skills it would be a waste of skillpoints you could use for any other skills that are more usefull. Keep the earth and ice skills on level1 that is enough for now. for your CC to hit you will need to be higher level of your opponent and outscale them in gear aswell. In endgame there are gems that will give them alot of resistance against ice and fire ccs aswell. so maxing them only for the purpose of CC would be waste imo. 

You could always move arround blizzard and the 100% rage skill. you could do that since as long I can think and since as soon witch/wiz was implemented in the Korean Version. Blizzard and the 100%rage skill do by no means block any attacks that you will get from your right or left side. at most the only thing that is going to happen at siegees is those skills being interrupted even before you could finish casting them because everyones priority in group pvp and sieges is taking out witch/ranger first.

Even while you have someone ''ccd'' in your blizzard or in your rage attack they have chances to overcome the CC and freely dodge away, its all dependend on your level. 

Since our discussion is already 2 topics wide I will post videos to proof my standing point here:

I only discovered this game recently like last weekend when early start began. I have been reading tirelessly about it since...finally settled on Wizard. After all this reading your post above describing rotation makes most sense to me. I can't understand your bar...if the combo is: Fireball -> Explosion -> Thunderbolt -> Residual Lightning -> Chain Lightning ->  Multiple Arrow bunch...my question I guess is a UI one....how do you have bar set up to do this? Is it all macro'd?

Posted

I only discovered this game recently like last weekend when early start began. I have been reading tirelessly about it since...finally settled on Wizard. After all this reading your post above describing rotation makes most sense to me. I can't understand your bar...if the combo is: Fireball -> Explosion -> Thunderbolt -> Residual Lightning -> Chain Lightning ->  Multiple Arrow bunch...my question I guess is a UI one....how do you have bar set up to do this? Is it all macro'd?

Yeah, you can put your skills on a quickslot bar but there are key combinations for each and every skill that you can use. like, Shift + E would be the combination for self heal, Shift + LMB would be combination for fireball etc etc~  Sometimes its just easier to use the combinations to cast skills, since you can macro them, as youve said. Alot of the good KR witches use macro for their combos aswell