• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

guide Wizard/Witch guide for beginners (PvX Build for level 1-50)

67 posts in this topic

Posted

Wizard/Witch PVE combo for easiest leveling imo is:

Fireball -> Explosion -> Thunderbolt -> Residual Lightning -> Chain Lightning ->  Multiple Arrow bunch(if that is even needed left,) 

Combo up there is your final combo for grinding even after level 50. Speaking of 55+ and other harder areas.

Those are also your PVP skills since fireball + explosion will deal a CC and knockdown effect which makes your next attack (thunderbolt, residual) deal alot more damage. Chain lightning then is to finish off the deal OR cc your enemy again, by that time your fireball CD will have reset so you can use it again or you will use Multiple Arrow to deal a critical hit that scales more than your dagger thrust.

Also a very important skill is Multiple Arrow, not concentrated Magic Arrow but ''Magical Arrow bunch'' since it is your 100% critical attack, one of your most used PVP attacks and very good for PVE aswell.

I actually find the following combination far more efficient:

Lightning -> Residual Lightning -> Fireball -> Explosion -> Whatever else.

Residual Lightning seems to proc the "Downed" attack from the initial Fireball so you get double downed procs on FIreball.  Also by maxing out Residual Lightning first it honestly will obliterate anything without a ridiculous amount of HP (and even then when you get 5/5 Crit).  I've been able to beat out many groups simply because of Residual Lightning's absolutely monstrous stand alone damage without Fireball setup then using Fireball to mop up.

Posted (edited)

I actually find the following combination far more efficient:

Lightning -> Residual Lightning -> Fireball -> Explosion -> Whatever else.

Residual Lightning seems to proc the "Downed" attack from the initial Fireball so you get double downed procs on FIreball.  Also by maxing out Residual Lightning first it honestly will obliterate anything without a ridiculous amount of HP (and even then when you get 5/5 Crit).  I've been able to beat out many groups simply because of Residual Lightning's absolutely monstrous stand alone damage without Fireball setup then using Fireball to mop up.

You might be able to use that in PVP that way, but the chance of fireball knocking down the enemy seems to be higher (I could be wrong and it only seems that way for me) but in PVE it is very usefull to use fireball first even more if youre fighting strong monsters like Media/Desert since it will CC the monsters and knock them down for sure. I could record a clip of it later if needed~

Residual deals the most damage of the normal attacks, that is correct. Fireball in PVE is imo just a skill to prepare ur combo for the most damage or to prevent yourself from getting alot of damage from direct hits of the monsters youre farming at.

edit. jesus -----, this forum keeps attacking pictures...TT

Edited by Crystalie
2 people like this

Posted

I mean I can link a couple hours of Twitch Streams if you want showing Residual knocking things down 90% of the time with Fireball then doing Downed Attack followed by Downed Attack for the Explosion on my 46-47 Giant Grind and even again on the Catfish on the 47-50 grind.

What I dislike about leading Fireball is, especially when competing with other players for spawns, there isn't time to pile everything up into a neat stack always and Residual Lightning is a massive ground based attack that can even kill things behind you if done at your feet. 

Also Fireball is a knock back, making they all split up in that scenario where Residual is just a straight knockdown.  This lets me quickly (I even cancel the Fireball cast time) belt off a Fireball and Explosion targeted at only the things that are left alive, which tend to be only high HP targets like Giant Fighters/Brawlers or Fat Catfishmen.  It also means that anything that didn't get knocked down with Residual gets launched back into the pile which then gets the Explosion on it.

Might be different in Media/Valencia, but currently it's been smoking stuff since 19-51.

Posted

T________T Seeing this hurts my soul. While it is important to level your skills, for now please focus on the important PVE Combos that also are your pvp combos.

Fireball + Fireball explosion are one of your most important skills for PVE and PVP. Seeing how majority of persons here dont even bother to skill it makes me sad. Read the skill description T_T 

Fireball -> Explosion -> Thunderbolt -> Residual Lightning -> Chain Lightning ->  Multiple Arrow bunch(if that is even needed left,) 

Combo up there is your final combo for grinding even after level 50. Speaking of 55+ and other harder areas.

Those are also your PVP skills since fireball + explosion will deal a CC and knockdown effect which makes your next attack (thunderbolt, residual) deal alot more damage. Chain lightning then is to finish off the deal OR cc your enemy again, by that time your fireball CD will have reset so you can use it again or you will use Multiple Arrow to deal a critical hit that scales more than your dagger thrust.

Also a very important skill is Multiple Arrow, not concentrated Magic Arrow but ''Magical Arrow bunch'' since it is your 100% critical attack, one of your most used PVP attacks and very good for PVE aswell.

Of course it will take time to level those skills, but try to focus to atleast have Fireball and thunderbolt combo since it will deal the most damage out of all your attacks/combo (not counted blizz, meteor and 100%/200% attack)

Source: im and my friend are lv 56/58 Witch on KR servers.

+1

That,s why i named my Witch Burn_Em 

Also one of the reasons why i learnt about all the misinformation out there, Long cast time on FB - don't take it say some guides!! I mean really

Also the mp cost of the spells needs to be taken into consideration. ALSO FB does TWO CC it launches then downs - air attack and down attack bonuses ftw

1 person likes this

Posted

Just got home from work and created new character my first trip into black desert....what is Thunderbolt? I don''t see it in skills?

I think I figured it out.....There is lighting chain and Lighting storm.

Posted

I mean I can link a couple hours of Twitch Streams if you want showing Residual knocking things down 90% of the time with Fireball then doing Downed Attack followed by Downed Attack for the Explosion on my 46-47 Giant Grind and even again on the Catfish on the 47-50 grind.

What I dislike about leading Fireball is, especially when competing with other players for spawns, there isn't time to pile everything up into a neat stack always and Residual Lightning is a massive ground based attack that can even kill things behind you if done at your feet. 

Also Fireball is a knock back, making they all split up in that scenario where Residual is just a straight knockdown.  This lets me quickly (I even cancel the Fireball cast time) belt off a Fireball and Explosion targeted at only the things that are left alive, which tend to be only high HP targets like Giant Fighters/Brawlers or Fat Catfishmen.  It also means that anything that didn't get knocked down with Residual gets launched back into the pile which then gets the Explosion on it.

Might be different in Media/Valencia, but currently it's been smoking stuff since 19-51.

http://www.twitch.tv/cherryyami/v/52386339

You may check my last vod out from 23minutes on.

1 person likes this

Posted

T________T Seeing this hurts my soul. While it is important to level your skills, for now please focus on the important PVE Combos that also are your pvp combos.

Fireball + Fireball explosion are one of your most important skills for PVE and PVP. Seeing how majority of persons here dont even bother to skill it makes me sad. Read the skill description T_T 

Of course it will take time to level those skills, but try to focus to atleast have Fireball and thunderbolt combo since it will deal the most damage out of all your attacks/combo (not counted blizz, meteor and 100%/200% attack)

Source: im and my friend are lv 56/58 Witch on KR servers.

Should I max out fireball and thunderbolt or just fireball explosion and lightning residue? Since I sometimes use fireball just for the explosion (I fire the fireball right away without waiting it to reach full bar), don't know if that means maxing out fireball is a waste?

Posted

Should I max out fireball and thunderbolt or just fireball explosion and lightning residue? Since I sometimes use fireball just for the explosion (I fire the fireball right away without waiting it to reach full bar), don't know if that means maxing out fireball is a waste?

for now max lightning residue over thunderbolt and fireball explosion over fireball itself. both second stages deal more damage. max out the other two over time :)

1 person likes this

Posted

for now max lightning residue over thunderbolt and fireball explosion over fireball itself. both second stages deal more damage. max out the other two over time :)

Could you link or make a build which would be good to focus on? :$

Posted

Could you link or make a build which would be good to focus on? :$

For my guild i made a big witch guide, unfortunately I cannot post it on the forums but the skillbuild I posted there is this:

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/wizard/109#

Remember, this is how your skills should look at the end and it will take alot of SP to achieve this too. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

woops

Edited by kayak
mistake

Posted

Where is your big guide Crystalie? Could you possibly link me to it?

me too please, cheers

Posted

For my guild i made a big witch guide, unfortunately I cannot post it on the forums but the skillbuild I posted there is this:

Remember, this is how your skills should look at the end and it will take alot of SP to achieve this too. 

Are we able to access the guilds forum Crystalie? Could you possibly link it?

Posted

I get it, no problem. Thank you for your link! About the evasion and teleport, is it really worth it for the small distance you gain comparing lvl 1 and lvl 3 teleport? And what about the small reduced mana usage of evasion? Thank you btw ;)

Posted

Are we able to access the guilds forum Crystalie? Could you possibly link it?

Currently it is only for guild intern, but I might make an official guide sometime soon. :)

I get it, no problem. Thank you for your link! About the evasion and teleport, is it really worth it for the small distance you gain comparing lvl 1 and lvl 3 teleport? And what about the small reduced mana usage of evasion? Thank you btw ;)

Yes, the difference seems not alot but it indeed worth it in the long run. you will notice it greatly during pvp and when you have to use those skills alot :)

Posted (edited)

I'm seeing a lot of people mention the skill 'thunderbolt', I see no such skill in the tree. :/

Edited by Grimmrace

Posted

I'm seeing a lot of people mention the skill 'thunderbolt', I see no such skill in the tree. :/

I was wondering this as well.

Posted

Can you post a skill build around 450 points , at this point in the game 800+ builds are not really helpful to anyone 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Can you post a skill build around 450 points , at this point in the game 800+ builds are not really helpful to anyone 

Will do in just a minute~

I was wondering this as well.

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/wizard/6609

This uses 454SP. required level is 55 because of the +100HP passive skill at the bottom.

On the screenshot in the red circle there is Thunderbolt skill. Its the pre residual skill. 

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Crystalie

Posted

Thanks for posting Crystalie, it's good to see informed opinions for those of us just starting out.  What are your thoughts on gear for us NA wizards/witches?  Working on getting my Yuria up and was going to go Taritas for the higher DP and accuracy.

Posted

Thank you @Crystalie for the skill build and witch combo! It helped me alot :3

Posted (edited)

Will do in just a minute~

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/wizard/6609

This uses 454SP. required level is 55 because of the +100HP passive skill at the bottom.

On the screenshot in the red circle there is Thunderbolt skill. Its the pre residual skill. 

Screenshot_1.png

Yeah, that's not called thunderbolt in na/eu version lol, it's lightning.

Explains the confusion XD.

Btw is it worth maxing Magic Arrow? It is technically our auto attack after all...and gives 100% crit at max level.

Also wondering whether to max evasion out, im not too keen on teleport.

Edited by Grimmrace

Posted

What type of armor and weapon do you have?

Agerian?taritas?Zereth?

What is better? and armor?

And for leveling what is better

Posted (edited)

she got boss gear   and crystalie   iwas taling about useing rage skill on foot not on mount you can turn it on 10 difrent directions  and block left attack on your left then trun it left cozl ets say one group of ppl focushing at you to save  yourslef or do damage  then on your back etc and block everything aoe did you know that?

also you can use explosion and lighing storm   like  fireball then teleport thendo thunderbolt ligthing residue then dodge and explosion usefull in pvp 

Edited by razien

Posted

What type of armor and weapon do you have?

Agerian?taritas?Zereth?

What is better? and armor?

And for leveling what is better

I used Agerian up till late 40s, and then extracted my blackstones (safe up to +5), and wound up getting a full set of Taritas. Even only needing 3 pieces to get the set bonus, I decided to stick with the full 4 pieces due to the individual items bonuses they have.

As for skills which everyone else keeps saying you need, I maxed my lightning and don't even have fireball, and the combination of Lightning Chain/Lightning Storm and Thunderbolt/Lightning Residue allows me to basically kill any mob no problem. I also find that I don't manage to get fireballs off in PvP anyways and Lightning spells tend to work much better.