• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PM Diary 3

812 posts in this topic

Posted

Man this is crazy, AT THE LAST MOMENT you add another server?!? We tried to make sure with all pvp guilds to ensure a healthy population and and competition and you just spit in our face with this, GG Daum well done. You keep telling us you try to communicate and you do a move like this? Not even hinting at this anywhere just bad management and sloppy communication from your side.

The cash shop prices are still a joke, the rule in my guild will still remain that if people use the cash shop too much I will kick them, again I will take the hit if it makes us less competitive. Not because we can not afford it but because we find your prices unreasonably high for a Buy 2 Play model. (this is opinion based)

Kind regards,

Wrench

1 person likes this

Posted

My CBT 2 client is not patching when open, when the patch will be up?

Stop quoting the whole -----ing article.

PLEASE if you are reading this GMs can you reverse the refund that was made by mistake and give me back conquerors pack.

Hahaha

Posted

Man this is crazy, AT THE LAST MOMENT you add another server?!? We tried to make sure with all pvp guilds to ensure a healthy population and and competition and you just spit in our face with this, GG Daum well done. You keep telling us you try to communicate and you do a move like this? Not even hinting at this anywhere just bad management and sloppy communication from your side.

The cash shop prices are still a joke, the rule in my guild will still remain that if people use the cash shop too much I will kick them, again I will take the hit if it makes us less competitive. Not because we can not afford it but because we find your prices unreasonably high for a Buy 2 Play model. (this is opinion based)

Kind regards,

Wrench

did it occur to u it might be due to the number of packages sold so far they need 3 servers to ensure a smooth launch for now till the 1st march..., i rather they have 3 servers now and we dont hv to deal with login issues than wait a couple of days for this to be resolved because it kinda of defeat the purpose of early start dont u think?????

lastly cash shop, really its just market strategy, they are giving themselves room to maneuver and mostly like would conduct periodic sales just to make $$$, sort of how a hooker tries to entice customers with scanty clothes

there's 2 sides to a coin...

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't remember what page it is on, but we were able to get PM_Belsazar to answer. You can find it for the direct quote if you'd like:

No boat or wagon licences will be obtained in the cash shop, just the skin. CBT2 was special case to help speed up the acquisition of those items to test out the cash shop. 
Edit: Page 24

oh.... oh ok, i feel better about the P2W panic attack
but now im upset i missed out to try out the boat
;_; gonna try not to cry........ it's not working

Posted

did it occur to u it might be due to the number of packages sold so far they need 3 servers to ensure a smooth launch for now till the 1st march..., i rather they have 3 servers now and we dont hv to deal with login issues than wait a couple of days for this to be resolved because it kinda of defeat the purpose of early start dont u think?????

lastly cash shop, really its just market strategy, they are giving themselves room to maneuver and mostly like would conduct periodic sales just to make $$$, sort of how a hooker tries to entice customers with scanty clothes

there's 2 sides to a coin...

Yes, it did occur to me, but then this I said it is opinion based. And they could have added more channels to the existing servers instead of making a complete new one around 10 HOURS before launch? There is a difference and this last minute move does not inspire confidence in either their ability to predict and run the game or their decision making matrix.

Posted (edited)

Yes, it did occur to me, but then this I said it is opinion based. And they could have added more channels to the existing servers instead of making a complete new one around 10 HOURS before launch? There is a difference and this last minute move does not inspire confidence in either their ability to predict and run the game or their decision making matrix.

They added it now so that to avoid not having enough room later, 

I guess, their max is 9 channels, so filling 9 channels on two servers would have made it hard for new players to join, while adding a server, and keeping room to expand channels on 3 allows for better game players repartition. 

Edited by De_Vaillance

Posted

What is up with you and just straight name calling when you don't even know a person?
I like defending people who are ruthlessly attacked by people like you who emit this superiority complex. 

Hell you even try to make the poor assumption that I'm in a 'generation that is spoiled beyond help.' If you only knew what the heck I had to deal with to even get to this point in my life you'd retract your dismissive, disingenuous, hateful comments.  Heck, even your poor generalization of people. 

I've heard of, and even had the pleasure of it covered in Econ in university.

On the contrary. Get 50% of the player base, 250K users, to protest the game and there will be drastic change. Maybe you should retrace some Econ 101 and see how majority can sway the economy.  

Sorry, but I can't help myself but laugh at students who study econ thinking they actually learn something practical to life. You do realize even the best economists cannot predict what will happen 2 days in the future right? Your pretentiousness gave me a good laugh there. Keep it up buddy. 

929482ad-5b0c-4037-810d-cce6e3317bfb.thu

2 people like this

Posted

is there any cool down topic ? :)

Posted

now we want male tamer

Posted

Allow me to recap this entire forum topic for you:
~6/150 people posting are happy about the cash shop prices.
No one wanted a new server.
The new party loot system is pretty neat.
P2W will be substantially reduced with the removal of wagon/boat licenses.
Moderators willing to answer all questions so long as they do not involve prices.

Hope you enjoy the game! <3 See you on Edan?<:3

EDIT: Everyone hates the dye system.

correction no one wanted a new server 1/150 is ok, and somewhat glad its there (university internet sucks man, i need a less crowded server)

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry, but I can't help myself but laugh at students who study econ thinking they actually learn something practical to life. You do realize even the best economists cannot predict what will happen 2 days in the future right? Your pretentiousness gave me a good laugh there. Keep it up buddy. 

You say it like I had a choice to take Econ throughout my years at university. Most make you take electives just for credits, and I chose Econ as some of them. From those courses you at least have a basis to understand the economy. Within those elective I even opted for after class business management work. For your information, I'm an engineer and not a former econ student. 

No one can predict what will happen 6 hours from now let alone 2 days. Please try a better argument. 

My pretentiousness? Coming from you? Great bait. 

Glad to see you holding up to my earlier assessment. 

Posted

still doesn't mean you have to be a -----.
Also side note, when it comes to the macro level there are several factors influencing the economy making it hard to predict, however on the micro scale and more specifically as far as a single item/company is involved the only hard to predict factor is what will be the actual consensus of the consumer, which we have pretty decent estimations of given the forums,
since the voice heard are A) interested in BDO and B)random since anyone can have a say

(the way we know that most of people here are interested in BDO is since 99% of people would not have found the site without knowing about BDO, and 95% would not say anything if they weren't interested, save 1% for chaos theory, and 5% for trolls)

so someone who took econ in university can actually make a very valid guess as to how this might work, since it's on such a small scale

Posted

@PM_Belsazar Might be an idea to update the "Server Structure at Release"-thread as well.

Posted

2500 pearls a complete costume, fine, i'll put 100€ in the cash shop the 3 March.

GettyImages-479726874-e1436388881883.thu

Posted

another patching ?

Posted

Yes another patch just went live :P

Also loving the PM3 updates :D

Posted

are u in EU server ? do u to party ?

Posted

The amount of LOL reading the forums at a new MMO launch is worth the price of admission alone. Everyone an expert on everything lol. Complaining, whining, etc and in 20 minutes you'll be playing this game non-stop then when it goes down for a patch or server crash be back again whining LMAO. Rinse, repeat :)

Posted

ya i think it's a patch of the patch that patched the CBT   

heheheh

Posted

700MB vs. 1,17GB...

Hey, at least the actual patch size has a 7 in it...

And no, I don't care... but it's kinda funny after all ;P

Untitled.jpg

Posted

Package Holders and their benefits

• You can download the game launcher under your ACCOUNT (requires game purchase)
• You can update also your CBT2 client, as it is the same.
Updating will be enabled few hours before opening servers. Patch size is currently not exceeding 1gig. (~700MB)
• You can claim your items under your ACCOUNT once you have accessed the game and created a character
• Items will then be sent to your Family on the Region chosen

Yeah right. 700mb then a ninja patch of 538mb??
Mate I wouldn't care about a ninja patch if your servers at least let me download at a reasonable speed on my 100mbit fiber.

Posted

so i keep getting this stupid "file is currupted" message everytime i try to patch the game, now i might have to reinstall the entire game, meaning i'll loose i dont know how many hours of gameplay from my c-pack.... this is why they should have released the patch earlier -_- 

Posted

I love the Dark Souls feel I get from that heavy armor on the OP post (the left one) ^^.

Posted

700MB vs. 1,17GB...

Hey, at least the actual patch size has a 7 in it...

And no, I don't care... but it's kinda funny after all ;P

Untitled.jpg

two last minute patches prior to release! talk about dedication to perfection by the dev's !

Posted

Yeah right. 700mb then a ninja patch of 538mb??Mate I wouldn't care about a ninja patch if your servers at least let me download at a reasonable speed on my 100mbit fiber.

I downloaded it at 12 MB/s so I doubt it's their servers?