• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What kind of PvP are you most looking forward to?

119 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm actually looking forward a lot to small guerrilla warfare with enemy guild players. I enjoy the thrill that comes from spontaneous PvP, and I find it's a good balance between the slog of 1v1 and the chaos of GvG.

Posted (edited)

GVG and Duels 

a 5x5 would be great too

Edited by Hissis

Posted

Open world, it's the best form of PvP
skirmishes will be fun

6 people like this

Posted

I love those back and forth escalating skirmishes with enemies you know and recognize that take place in a large area. 

I really don't know what i want from pvp besides fighting. I think we need more now-a-days but not sure what's the best way to encourage it without making it solely about the rewards.

Posted

Arena PvP for sure and maybe GvG(if I get in a good guild, it depends).

Posted

I want to see every kind of PvP. 1v1, 3v3, 5v5, GvG, open world, team matches like Crimson Battlefield, etc. They're all fun for different reasons, and I think the game should do all it can to introduce more types of PvP and make it easier to get down to PvP, not get so bogged down on grinding PvE, enchants, etc.

4 people like this

Posted

I want to see every kind of PvP. 1v1, 3v3, 5v5, GvG, open world, team matches like Crimson Battlefield, etc. They're all fun for different reasons, and I think the game should do all it can to introduce more types of PvP and make it easier to get down to PvP, not get so bogged down on grinding PvE, enchants, etc.

As long as they never touch instanced PvP, unless it's something like lineage's olympiad system... otherwise the open world aspect dies...

1 person likes this

Posted

I look forward to large scale warfare, such as castle sieges and GvG. Though I like smaller scale ones as well but my favorite type of pvp is larger scale ones.

Posted

Every form of PvP,GvG is probably my preference but CBGs,Arenas and duels are pretty neat tho.

Posted (edited)

Anything really GvG will be there to satisfy the OWPvP needs for sure and then there will be the mass PvP in form of battles for nodes. PK is not really rewarding in the game but everything else goes! 

Edited by Idolismo

Posted

Open world skirmishes for grind spots, bosses etc. I know i will enjoy sieges aswell. As long as i get even half the exicitement i got from playing Lineage II i'll be happy. I just hope we can somehow grow big pvp guilds/alliances with politics and drama (ahhhh those times...) and create a competitive and hostile pvp enviorement.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Open World pk , I love being attacked whilst going about my business win or lose there's no other feeling like it in gaming. 

I would also like to see some kind of bounty system added so players can police themselves instead of it coming down to a punishing karma system that deters pk.

Players shouldn't be thinking "oh I cant kill this guy because I'll have to grind pve mobs for the next 2hrs, to me they should be thinking " can't kill this guy as his guild will make me there b***h for the next 6 months"

Edited by Stres
1 person likes this

Posted

Open Worlds pvp = Players rushing max level = Players become kikoolol and Pk all in group.

Posted

Open Worlds pvp = Players rushing max level = Players become kikoolol and Pk all in group.

Thanks for your insightful non-reated post in this topic. Now please go back to your cave.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for your insightful non-reated post in this topic. Now please go back to your cave.

Thx to not be salty. ^^

Posted

Open world skirmishes for grind spots, bosses etc. I know i will enjoy sieges aswell. As long as i get even half the exicitement i got from playing Lineage II i'll be happy. I just hope we can somehow grow big pvp guilds/alliances with politics and drama (ahhhh those times...) and create a competitive and hostile pvp enviorement.

This. Plus some 1v1s or 2v2s with random people for spots.

Posted

Open world PvP in general, GvG, siege battles and Arena 3v3 (why 3v3?: with 2v2 there are too few players per team; with 5v5 there are too many players per team. So I think 3v3 is the best format).

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm looking forward to the kind of PvP where my ping doesn't give me a significant disadvantages.... Oh wait I live in Australia so that will never happen.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, It's a shitty exemple, but to resume it well, something like SAO xD

Basically, GvG, PvP, PK, Drop on PK, the jungle rule. This will make maybe BDO a niche game, so it's ok if they do it more "friendly" but the more it's like that, the more i will play it. 

Posted

Open world pvp, defending against and hunting PK'ers will be alot of fun! :) 

And joining/creating a nice guild for GVG and Siege!! oh boy.. the hype is killing me...

Posted

I'm just looking forward for a system that isn't Guild Wars 2. I did have fun(maybe for a month) but then, it got boring and stale.

Posted

Open world PvP and GvG.

Posted

Most? PvP for something, for raid bosses which drops rare equipment, for castles during siege, for territories, when you're a member of big and active clan/guild and have opportunity to fight against zergs, Mass PvP my friend is a pure perfection of good MMORPG's.

Daily's PvP, ganking war tags.

zerg.png

2 people like this

Posted

That looks like a typical Barakiel war, good times :) .

Posted (edited)

That looks like a typical Barakiel war, good times :) .

Sadly it's just random google screen since my old HDD is somewhere, on this screen it's not even half of people when one CC had 380 ppl (OOC, LayLow, BMF) against AFL ZERG with about 250 people+smaller clans around, I guess it was the biggest PvP in my life, prolly 700-900 people rushing through the lands of VOS. It was 5 years ago, damn.. Sieges with 200-400 people on each castle was something normal on good server.

Edited by Enzo