• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What kind of PvP are you most looking forward to?

119 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Not really a fan of ganking people...that's not PVP..that's being an ass, and I'm hoping with the B2P model we see less of that meaningless epeen crap. If you want to go do that go play WOW or some other game that strives on the 13 yr old  epeen mentality.

Ganking isnt being an ass, its just teaching noobs how to play the game. You should consider it being a good lesson... Well maybe it is being a bit of an ass, but i really doubt b2p is gonna make any difference. Ppl are gonna do it just becouse u can, not that it is bad thing. By ganking you could provoke some bigger skirmishes when PKKers jump on you, it gets intense pretty fast. And if you can beat the white knights too its quite rewarding.

Edited by Tsinatsil
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm looking forward to anything PvP but I especially love 1vs1 & small scale PvP as it's easier to see & control what happening around you, sieges can become quite chaotic but even on sieges I like to form with my clan small tactical squads & try to outmaneuver our enemies :) during L2 days I took part in some sieges for Aden castle with over 1k people you understand how crazy stuff can be with so many people it's fun but you don't live too long in this kind of situations, also fights for Epic bosses those were indeed good times I still remember some amazing mass PvP moments in ToI or LoA that could last for hours PvP non stop while w8ing for boss to spawn in some cases, exhausted people slept on their keyboards it was very funny.. :P only the most persistent & dedicated could enter & claim the drops.

Edited by rpgmaniac

Posted

Open world pvp :) s

Posted

well i am into GvG. That doesn't mean only castle sieges but also territory control (i dunno if the last will happen in BDO) which means from scouting for searching enemies to  small scale pvp between 10-15 men teams to control farming areas/nodes.

Posted

Free and unlimted open world PVP. I also would prefer it if the karma system would actually promote ganks. I am generally interested in all forms of PVP (apart from gigantic cluster fucks that are more of a lag fest than actual gameplay). Same applies for PVE. However, the only game I could see myself play for more than a month is a game that provides as much freedom as possible. Limiting ganking potential does not fulfill this sort of criteria. In fact, it does the exact opposite by turning the PVP experience in that of an instanced theme park MMO. If I can only kill people in a set zone, then I am not free to do what I please. In which case the game becomes incredibly unappealing to me. Hell, I honestly believe that this is what sandbox MMOs should be about.

Posted

Guerrilla nighttime ambush, me vs gank, sieges

Posted

Aside from the Open World PVP I am looking forward to Guild vs Guild fighting over territories and etc.

Posted

I'm actually really interested in sieges and node captures. Seem like they're gonna be fun.

Posted (edited)

Non-consensual 

Edited by Darstrom

Posted

world pvp + gvg!

Posted

I'm going to be "that player" that hunts down infamous pkers with other as Bounty hunters most likely. For hire, of course.

I'll be playing for all forms of PvP.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm going to be "that player" that hunts down infamous pkers with other as Bounty hunters most likely. For hire, of course.

I'll be playing for all forms of PvP.

You should make a guild called Bounty Hunters :>

I prefer open world PVP but because of karma... sieges/ 3v3.

Posted

You should make a guild called Bounty Hunters :>

If I don't I'll just make a clan channel for people who share the same mindset. So we can group up and go after people.

Also just calling it "Bounty Hunters" seems pretty bland to me. Even if it is straightforward. Then again I'm a RPer so I'd find a more fancy name. :P

1 person likes this

Posted

castle sieges

Posted (edited)

Open World pk , I love being attacked whilst going about my business win or lose there's no other feeling like it in gaming. 

I would also like to see some kind of bounty system added so players can police themselves instead of it coming down to a punishing karma system that deters pk.

Players shouldn't be thinking "oh I cant kill this guy because I'll have to grind pve mobs for the next 2hrs, to me they should be thinking " can't kill this guy as his guild will make me there b***h for the next 6 months"

What the karma system is supposed to deter is you looking at a helpless level 30 player when you are 50 and deciding to kill them because you can. You should look at player and what they are doing and think, what advantage does killing this player provide me? If it is for a node or farming spot then the players you encounter are hopefully at or near your level and looking to gain a similar advantage. This means there is actually some competition and the PvP is intense and interesting for both players.

That isn't to say you can't kill them, but killing them or others over and over is going to make your life miserable at some point if you didn't have a reason other than making them miserable.

Edited by hazenvirus

Posted

Open world, it's the best form of PvP
skirmishes will be fun

I could not have said it any better :)

Posted (edited)

Can't wait to do owpvp,  GvG, and siege pvp with English speakers. I'd like to see them add a bounty system similar to Moonlight Blades..... This game is perfect for bounty hunting players, especially since there is no fast travel....

Edited by Ashivautzo
forgot to add something
1 person likes this

Posted

I can't wait for large scale pvp of any kind/GvG~

Posted

I am super excited about the pvp, but I have always loved small skirmishes! Especially when you are on the lesser side and pull out a victory! That has to be one of my favorite feelings.

But the biggest thing im looking forward to in PvP is a "good fight" message and not "OMG go #$%@ yourself!" 

Like imagine friendly GvG! Yes it can happen (not saying it will but do not crush my hopes yet T.T)

Posted (edited)

As long as they never touch instanced PvP, unless it's something like lineage's olympiad system... otherwise the open world aspect dies...

pretty much this

Black desert is doing superb with is  zero instances. Except for houses but thats irrelevant for open worls pvp/pve

Hope that stays so 

Edited by Salbe

Posted

skirmishes will be fun

yh open world is great until they enemy runs out of pots and decides to run away while you cant do shit

Posted

The less restricted/punished kind

1 person likes this

Posted

skirmishes will be fun

I love how skirmishes can develop from a 1v1 or trying to gank/PK someone. They call their buddies, then you call your buddies, and then then next hour or two flies by!

Ganking isnt being an ass, its just teaching noobs how to play the game. You should consider it being a good lesson... Well maybe it is being a bit of an ass, but i really doubt b2p is gonna make any difference. Ppl are gonna do it just becouse u can, not that it is bad thing. By ganking you could provoke some bigger skirmishes when PKKers jump on you, it gets intense pretty fast. And if you can beat the white knights too its quite rewarding.

lol, it may be 'being an ass', but that is also great player generated content as described above. It's such a great opportunity for the victims to seek retribution which can blossom into GVG and so on. I'm all about giving my victi...erh..erm..other players that opportunity.

Posted

Why do people like open world PVP?

1. When they do missions, if they see other people killing their monsters, they can gank them and switch server.

2. When they get bored, get a team of people and just killing random trading players.

3. They only want to fight when they know they got great advantage over the players who are not prepared.

4. They don't like to fight fare because if they do, they would support 1v1, 3v3, 5v5, +PVE open world.

5. They call other people care-bare players, and they are just coward them-self.

6. If you are bored because there are no people killing you while you are doing quest, then you must be a extremely masochism.

7. I will kill noobs in the open world because I have a work, don't have enough time, just wanna see others suffer to satisfy my personal needs. All man are bad, we enjoy other people suffering, admit that. I like open world pvp so much I will RMT and make myself the best, and then go to the starting town and start AOE party time.

Posted

3v3 Ranked Duels, by far will be my favorite feature.