• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Laptop Vs Black Desert.

66 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey there everyone! As most of us are, we're pretty hyped for this game to come out, so we're preparing our PCs for the best for the game! Though--while I couldn't really find anything on youtube, or anyone with the same specs as my Laptop, I wanted to know. How well can my Laptop run it? xD And what Setting would I theoretically be able to run it on? :o

Specs:

Asus Republic of Gamer Laptop

1TB HDD

Intel Core i7-4720HQ 2.60 GHz 

16 GB DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GTX960M 2G GDDR5

Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080

Posted

You should be able to run it at medium-high settings easily. I have a similar laptop and I play on the JP server.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sweet! Thank you so much on this! It makes me pretty happy to heard that I'll be able to. xD I was pretty worried for a bit that this new laptop may not be up to par after watching Steparu's Video of Black desert on ultra settings, and they were rockin' a GTX Titan. :P

Posted

You should be able to run med-high settings at 30+.

One advice though: Make sure to turn off effects for other players as this will help your FPS from fluctuating too much whenever someone comes into your field of view.

1 person likes this

Posted

i play on an i7 3,2GHZ

16GB RAM

Geforce GTX 860M 2GB

1920x1080

on max settings with fluid 65+ fps 

(tested russian version yesterday)

Posted

You should be able to at least play at high smoothly . 

Posted

i play on an i7 3,2GHZ

16GB RAM

Geforce GTX 860M 2GB

1920x1080

Niceeee. I'm in a 970m/ i7-5700HQ so that should be fun. 

Keep in mind though, for all laptop peeps, you do not want to overheat your laptop. Avoid playing for long periods of time, do not push your laptop to the limit, and keep the fans clean!

Posted

Hey there everyone! As most of us are, we're pretty hyped for this game to come out, so we're preparing our PCs for the best for the game! Though--while I couldn't really find anything on youtube, or anyone with the same specs as my Laptop, I wanted to know. How well can my Laptop run it? xD And what Setting would I theoretically be able to run it on? :o

Specs:

Asus Republic of Gamer Laptop

1TB HDD

Intel Core i7-4720HQ 2.60 GHz 

16 GB DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GTX960M 2G GDDR5

Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080

I recall a post of another person asking about laptop specs and one of the people that replied had very similar specs to yours and claimed to be running the game on high at 55-60fps most of the time. had the same gfx. maybe it was ultra on 55-60fps, not sure. but definitely can play on high

Posted

Very good laptop. High+ graphics for sure!

Posted

i play on an i7 3,2GHZ

16GB RAM

Geforce GTX 860M 2GB

1920x1080

That sounds pretty unrealistic. Max settings on full HD with a GTX 860M.

1 person likes this

Posted

Minimum Spec (Lowest Graphic Settings) 32bit Windows 7 , Windows 8 Intel Core i3 4GB RAM GTS 250 / GeForce 9800 GTX Radeon HD 3870 X2

Recommend Spec (Medium-High Graphic Settings) 64bit Windows 7 , Windows 8 Intel Core i5 6GB RAM GTX 650 / GTX 550 Ti Radeon HD 7770 / Radeon HD 6770

It is for a Desktop, but I am pretty sure that your notebook will handle BDO all right.

Posted (edited)

BDO is optimized well believe it or not so most people should not worry about their laptops running BDO

(As long as it has a discrete gpu and not Intel hd you should be okay)

Edited by Silva
1 person likes this

Posted

i play on an i7 3,2GHZ

16GB RAM

Geforce GTX 860M 2GB

1920x1080

That sounds pretty unrealistic. Max settings on full HD with a GTX 860M.

Yeah I'm sorry that's pretty hard to believe. With a 980Ti that I have, keeping everything maxed, I'll drop under 60 FPS in some towns and certain open world areas. 

If you're not having the High End mode/option active then that's easier to believe but at that point you're not having everything maxed. So if you're over estimating please don't give false expectations to others. 

3 people like this

Posted

Yeah I'm sorry that's pretty hard to believe. With a 980Ti that I have, keeping everything maxed, I'll drop under 60 FPS in some towns and certain open world areas. 

If you're not having the High End mode/option active then that's easier to believe but at that point you're not having everything maxed. So if you're over estimating please don't give false expectations to others. 

iirc max settings default doesn't tick ssao and the ultra mode

but yeah, I agree that 65+ fps fluid on a 860m sounds a bit ludicrous 

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe he tested main menu on max settings ;)

Posted

i play on an i7 3,2GHZ

16GB RAM

Geforce GTX 860M 2GB

1920x1080

I have these specs only 1 difference: 8GB Ram instead of 16GB

With Max Settings I get around 25-30 fps (which sucks)
I have to run it at Low/Medium to get my preferred 50-60 fps.

Posted

Even with High End turned off... Just on very high, it's still unrealistic. I get ~40 fps in average with GTX 960 on very high, and thats a desktop card.

Posted (edited)

I guess game is still new and it will be better optimized.

Still I predict that 970/970m and higher class Graphic Cards will handle game pretty well (max settings with 40+fps), if not at the beta, then eventually.

Edited by Tywin

Posted (edited)

iirc max settings default doesn't tick ssao and the ultra mode

but yeah, I agree that 65+ fps fluid on a 860m sounds a bit ludicrous 

Ultra mode is what makes the graphics on this game really pop and look amazing. It's crazy the difference between the two. 

Maybe he tested main menu on max settings ;)

Just maybe xD 

That sounds about right, I doubt the RAM is what is holding you back also. Most games are fine with 8GB. I always prefer the higher FPS over graphics though, 50-60 is great. 

Even with High End turned off... Just on very high, it's still unrealistic. I get ~40 fps in average with GTX 960 on very high, and thats a desktop card.

Yeah there's a pretty big power difference when comparing mobile chips to dedicated desktop graphics. Although the recent new mobile chips from Nvidia are amazing for sure. 

Still I predict that 970/970m and higher class Graphic Cards will handle game pretty well (max settings with 40+fps), if not at the beta, then eventually.

I honestly don't see too much more optimization happening. While this game will be in beta here the game has been out for over a year in Korea, if I'm correct. The optimization is about where it's going to stay unless they really try and focus on some things later down the road. Compared to TERA and Vindictus the optimization of this game is great. 

Edited by Veolan

Posted (edited)

Except 970's double the 3d benchmark of 970m's. 

970's will run ultra on any game no problem for a while. 970m's will handle any game on ultra but fps may dip to 30 fps for some titles.

Edited by Seishikin

Posted

I doubt ram would make that much of a difference (maybe it does...). Have you checked to see if you were using your dedicated graphics and not your integrated graphics when running the game?

Posted

3740QM, 2x GTX 680M 4GB VRAM, 16GB RAM, 1080p. (1x GTX 680M = GTX 960M, 2x GTX680M = GTX 970M/GTX 960 desktop)

BDO works really well under SLI. Averaging ~80 utilization on both GPUs. Really smooth gameplay but I'd definitely recommend at least 8GB RAM and 4GB VRAM.

"Ultra" settings below:

SPECS.thumb.jpg.805adb9fe7206e31486e752fBlackDesert64_2015_12_07_16_07_32_787.thBlackDesert64_2015_12_07_16_08_21_822.thBlackDesert64_2015_12_07_16_11_45_909.thBlackDesert64_2015_12_07_16_12_35_386.th

Posted (edited)

i play on an i7 3,2GHZ

16GB RAM

Geforce GTX 860M 2GB

1920x1080

that's lies.

With 870m, same resolution, same i7, same ram i get 40 fps at best on max settings.

Not to mention that the game is locked at 60 fps, and you can't get 65.

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted

that's lies.

With 870m, same resolution, same i7, same ram i get 40 fps at best on max settings.

Not to mention that the game is locked at 60 fps, and you can't get 65.

you suck at pc then

i have plently around 4 Benachmarks tested on it and everyone showed more than 65+ fps. So they lie or are you just sucking at pc ?

seriously first try to learn computer basics before trying to be smart here

Posted

you suck at pc then

i have plently around 4 Benachmarks tested on it and everyone showed more than 65+ fps. So they lie or are you just sucking at pc ?

seriously first try to learn computer basics before trying to be smart here

Dude, FPS in Black Desert. What benchmarks? When i play BDO i don't get more than 40 fps. 

Even 880m can't get more than 50 or so. 

I think that something's wrong in your head.