• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Laptop Vs Black Desert.

66 posts in this topic

Posted

Dude, FPS in Black Desert. What benchmarks? When i play BDO i don't get more than 40 fps. 

Even 880m can't get more than 50 or so. 

I think that something's wrong in your head.

Maybe he meant ping, not fps... xD

Posted

probably, lool

Posted

You are correct, On my PC I barely see 62 FPS but my FPS is around 50-60 most of time. Today will check again it cross 65+.

Posted

BDO is optimized well believe it or not so most people should not worry about their laptops running BDO

(As long as it has a discrete gpu and not Intel hd you should be okay)

No its not, there is also a world after 100+ FPS

Posted

No its not, there is also a world after 100+ FPS

who expects 100+ fps on a laptop? Stop trolling please

Posted

Not to mention that the game is locked at 60 fps, and you can't get 65.

Just turn off vsync in your video card preferences. Then it can go higher :)

Posted (edited)

Just turn off vsync in your video card preferences. Then it can go higher :)

No, it can't. The game is locked at 60 fps.... (on full screen).

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted (edited)

who expects 100+ fps on a laptop? Stop trolling please

Have ur previous comment maentioned it is optimize on Laptop or PC? Then plz don not troll....

If you have confusion plz scroll up and read the comment xD

Edited by Jaad

Posted

No, it can't. The game is locked at 60 fps.... (on full screen).

Nope, if you turn off vysnc it will go past 60fps on fullscreen.

Posted

Have ur comment says it is optimize on Laptop or PC? Then plz don not troll....

If you have confusion plz scroll up and read the comment xD

you were the one stating that 100+ fps is a whole new world where in fact your computer prob can't run the game at 30 fps in general

Posted

Nope, if you turn off vysnc it will go past 60fps on fullscreen.

Just do it, post a pic of fight with ur FPS and make them shut their mouth xD

Most of PC gamer knows abt VSync

Posted

Just do it, post a pic of fight with ur FPS and make them shut their mouth xD

Most of PC gamer knows abt VSync

I would if I was at home. However ChunChun is a well knowning community member but they have been telling people incorrectly about the vsync and fps cap. Yes with vysnc you have a cap, and you can't disable in-game. However you can disable via your Nvidia manager (and I assume AMD too). 

Posted

you were the one stating that 100+ fps is a whole new world where in fact your computer prob can't run the game at 30 fps in general

LOL, u are noob, let me post ur comment again: 

"Silva: BDO is optimized well believe it or not so most people should not worry about their laptops running BDO"

"My reply: No its not, there is also a world after 100+ FPS"

I said its not optimize, we get 100+ FPS in other game but BDO struggle to achieve that with same setup.

Posted

I would if I was at home. However ChunChun is a well knowning community member but they have been telling people incorrectly about the vsync and fps cap. Yes with vysnc you have a cap, and you can't disable in-game. However you can disable via your Nvidia manager (and I assume AMD too). 

Yes, It can be disabled even in game setting too.

Posted

Yes, It can be disabled even in game setting too.

Well I blame it on the translation patches then cause I could never find it :)

Posted

Cleaned up the thread and removed the off-topic and inflammatory posts.  Let's try to stay on topic please.

2 people like this

Posted

Now you acting like a angry KID

384.jpg

Dang man I didn't know words on the internet can tell everyone's emotions.  

Posted

Cleaned up the thread and removed the off-topic and inflammatory posts.  Let's try to stay on topic please.

Nice job Jouska, Glad someone watching us :D

Posted

Yeah I'm sorry that's pretty hard to believe. With a 980Ti that I have, keeping everything maxed, I'll drop under 60 FPS in some towns and certain open world areas. 

If you're not having the High End mode/option active then that's easier to believe but at that point you're not having everything maxed. So if you're over estimating please don't give false expectations to others. 

Same here on Russian. i've a gigabite 980gtx TI and stay copy paste what the guy over me tell.... Heiden and other major city ill drop 40+ and at a time im as well under 60....ON MAX...

Posted

Seeing as I don't see the need to start an entirely new topic for this; 

I'm curious about the Alienware 15 R2 

1TB HDD

Intel core i7-6700 processor (Quad-Core 2.6ghz with 3.5ghz w/ turbo boost)

NVidia GeForce GXT 970m 

8GB DDR4

Would this be enough to run BDO with max FPS on high?

Posted

Gaming on a laptop.... gross.

I tip my hat, i don't know how you guys can do it.

Posted

Seeing as I don't see the need to start an entirely new topic for this; 

I'm curious about the Alienware 15 R2 

according to what I googled these specs are only slightly worse than what my (over 3 year old) desktop has, and I played CBT1 on max settings. Not max FPS though. MMOs are always the hardest games to get a stable high FPS in, I'd expect it to always be less than 30 in player filled towns with that laptop.

Also, from my experience with gaming laptops I can say, the specs don't nearly tell everything. The most important things are how old it is (how heavily it was used) and how it's built with regards to cooling. Your awesome CPU with turboboost isn't going to do a thing if it can't drop the heat it generates. I've personally never had a laptop that did not start overheating after a while. The MSI laptop that I gamed on longest can't even do Windows Update anymore without the CPU reaching 100 degrees celcius, lol.

Posted

I am also curious about my laptop. There are many boobies to render in this game.

Untitled.png

Posted

with a 970 you cant even pass 60+ fps on high settings not sure how people with mobile GPU's are getting more then 100+ FPS's than people with standart GPU's rofl

Posted

Hey there everyone! As most of us are, we're pretty hyped for this game to come out, so we're preparing our PCs for the best for the game! Though--while I couldn't really find anything on youtube, or anyone with the same specs as my Laptop, I wanted to know. How well can my Laptop run it? xD And what Setting would I theoretically be able to run it on? :o

Specs:

Asus Republic of Gamer Laptop

1TB HDD

Intel Core i7-4720HQ 2.60 GHz 

16 GB DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GTX960M 2G GDDR5

Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080

The game runs at about 40fps on my laptop, at medium settings on 1080p, it's very playable.

Intel Core i7-4712MQ, 2.3-3.3GHz, 8GB RAM and a GTX 860m 2GB (Maxwell). Hope this helps a bit - Your laptop is very similar.