• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

POLL: Honestly. How do you feel about Cash Shop pricing after the changes?

POLL: Honestly. How do you feel about Cash Shop pricing after the changes?   181 votes

1. 1. Honestly. How do you feel about Cash Shop pricing after the changes?

• I could give a fliying flick. This game is awesome and I'm going to enjoy it no matter how much costumes cost lol
    • Prices are hgh, I agree, and I wish they were lower, but it doesn't bother me really.
    • I don't have an opinion.
    • The prices bother me, I wish they were lower. But I'll still enjoy the game.
    • Current cash shop pricing is totally unacceptable. I will still play, but I will not recommend the game to others.
    • Cash shop pricing is totally unacceptable. I will not play as a result.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So far these (highly unscientific) results show that most players are not happy with the prices, but are still going to play the game. I think Daum is probably poised right on the edge of the precipice here. As it is, the game probably won't be hurt by this. Sure, reviewers will mention the high prices but will add that you probably don't need anything from the cash shop. But if Daum pushes any harder, this could change and there could be repercussions for the game's success.

Edited by Wanderlust

Posted

Prices are a bit to high for me personally but I'll live with it, hate to think tho that their gonna lose alot of sales leaving it this high.

Still gonna buy my fish and gillie and something pretty regardless.

Posted

Never played the beta pleb here, I keep hearing a $30 price for costumes, were they impressive?

Posted

Prices still too high, even with sale, but I'm still going to enjoy the hell out of this game.

Posted

Never played the beta pleb here, I keep hearing a $30 price for costumes, were they impressive?

The costumes are very well made. They do look really good in game. But the price does not justify buying them. 

Posted

The costumes are very well made. They do look really good in game. But the price does not justify buying them. 

Yeah for $30 I'd assume where the whole kitchen sink is. Evolve tried charging $15 each for characters for its game, which even that is steep. I guess we just vote with our wallets here.

Posted

Option number 5. I'm going to get my $100 worth that I already paid for. Otherwise, they're not going to get anymore of my money until they lower the cash shop prices and stop slapping us with 'we're so generous we'll reduce it by $3!' and sales. I can buy another whole b2p game for the price of a costume.

Posted

Barring the sale, they might as well have kept it the same.

Looking through the update they haven't changed a dern thing outside of party loot system. 

Posted

The prices are definitely higher than the current norm for these types of games There is no arguing that. Honestly makes me glad i got the conq package so i won't really have to worry about it for awhile. It really just comes down to how desperate people get and are willing to pay it anyway. Duam is banking on that, it's up to the community as a whole to vote with their wallets. That is the only way prices will change. If the prices never come down it means people are paying it and just talking out there ass on the forums. So in the end we have only ourselves to blame if nothing changes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Posted

I think we've already heard most people opinions, theres the whiners and then the people who know the prices will go down again and don't give two sh*ts :)

Posted

the price change from $32 to $29 just feels like a slap in the face considering the costume should be the difference between the two. OK, maybe a bit more than that, but not much.

Posted

I couldn't care less about the prices. If I like something enough chances are I'll just buy it anyway.

1 person likes this

Posted

Is there anything close to that good looking in game? (like....can you find these things?)

You can check all the armors here: https://bdofashion.wordpress.com/category/armor-sets/

Keep in mind the game is endless, those are ALL armors available (though I think there is an Awakened armor for each class, not sure) and you can't customize them for free as well since dyes are locked in the cash shop.

Posted

You can check all the armors here: https://bdofashion.wordpress.com/category/armor-sets/

Keep in mind the game is endless, those are ALL armors available (though I think there is an Awakened armor for each class, not sure) and you can't customize them for free as well since dyes are locked in the cash shop.

Dyes are locked to the cash shop q_q

reeeeally. Dammit I hate that business model. Whats the general price range?

Posted

iirc dyes are $1.50 for 3 random colors of a certain spectrum

Posted

God I hate that. Hell Warframe even does that better >.>

For a game we're buying straight off the shelve why are there so many microtransactions? I guess they gotta make money off it somehow, but some practices really need to be phased out. Hell do a Guild Wars 2 and just scatter the dyes as random drops among the mobs. Because I assume with this one, you can get the same dye? Possibly have to roll that money dice until you get your desired colour.

Posted

content_3.jpg

0,5 euro-1,20 euro. You buy a random shade of the color (so if you want light blue you might not get it) and each dye has only 1 use.

There was a merchant selling dyes in the game, but they removed him in all game versions I think.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is my main complaint.  I'd probably be mostly ok with it if they included a black-white spectrum because currently it's absurdly hard to get blacks or whites.

Posted

content_3.jpg

0,5 euro-1,20 euro. You buy a random shade of the color (so if you want light blue you might not get it) and each dye has only 1 use.

There was a merchant selling dyes in the game, but they removed him in all game versions I think.

It only works once! OH LORDY LORD I do not like the look of this.

Posted

content_3.jpg

And if you want Pure black or Pure White you need to buy the random box

Posted

The dye situation is pretty retarded. It's like Vindictus on steroids, which is a really bad thing. I'd honestly rather just pay extra and get the damn color i want. At least give the option. As is i probably won't bother dying anything.

Posted

The only saving grace about the current dye system is that they at least made dyes buyable with loyalty points