• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How hard did you work to afford the Pre-order?

184 posts in this topic

Posted

last year i lost my job but luckily saved up a smal fortune to live off a few years :D

Posted

last year i lost my job but luckily saved up a smal fortune to live off a few years :D

sorry, I lost 10 jobs before retirement. 

Posted

Went with the middle tier, rather than Conqueror's. With the current exchange rate it's more than I've spent on a game since FFXIV originally came out (6 years ago).

The money would have been part of some stock investments that panned out. Basically as much work as George Jetson puts in.

Posted

I get paid 15 something an hour. So 100/15=6.6 hours worked for my conq.

Posted

Hey guys, I heard alot of stories about people doing crazy things, to afford the Conqueror's pack for this game

Personally, I had to sell my League of Legends account, which failed since I got banned for boosting as I was selling it (I didn't even boost. RITO pls wtf) So I just ended up selling gold, in another MMO I played. (The MMO was dead and the devs didn't care about gold sellers anymore)

What did YOU do to afford the preorder? Whether you sold crack on the corner of the street, sold your body, or simply begged your parents cause you're a spoiled little b...rat ? Tell me. 

I work a good paying job and have extra spending money.

Not only did I pre-order Conqs but 3 other collectors edition for games so I spent like $350 or more that month.

Posted

Only bought the Travellers, but the Conq would take me like....4 hours of work? Thats nothing.

Posted

I had to hide away a few dollar at a time from my pay check. That way the wife wouldn't notice it. I just blamed it on Obama's new taxes. Thanks, Obama...

Posted

I bought it... with moneis... that I make at the works...  but then I also bought the wife new tires for the car...  cuz thats adult life, you win some... you have to pay like $600-$700 for new tires... *sigh*  adulting sucks.

Posted

R u from BC ? 

Nope, sorry. I'm a Prairie boy, never even seen that side of NA, closest I've gotten to an ocean was when i was in Mexico xD 

Posted

I stayed home every day and played video games.( I am retired)

Posted

One shift at work.

Posted

Hey guys, I heard alot of stories about people doing crazy things, to afford the Conqueror's pack for this game

Personally, I had to sell my League of Legends account, which failed since I got banned for boosting as I was selling it (I didn't even boost. RITO pls wtf) So I just ended up selling gold, in another MMO I played. (The MMO was dead and the devs didn't care about gold sellers anymore)

What did YOU do to afford the preorder? Whether you sold crack on the corner of the street, sold your body, or simply begged your parents cause you're a spoiled little b...rat ? Tell me. 

This is just sad.

Posted

I went to work.  And since 8 hours out of my 12 hour shift is spent sitting on my ass watching Netflix... I paid for it by sitting on my ass watching Netflix...

Posted

A few hours at work, most of which I was playing ESO lol, BTW I uninstalled ESO a few days ago.

Posted

I know some of you are just having fun and poking fun. :)

But some of you...sheesh. Some of you need to just ----- off and die. I can only hope when the revolution comes, it's the arrogant elitist pricks that are first against the wall.

Posted

I worked at a job I hated for two extra weeks. Than as soon as I bought BDO and put my other money away I quit and am starting a new job on thursday :D

Posted

As an adult with a job i just purchased it. I also bought others their accounts.

Sharing is caring :)

Posted

Worked for literally a little less than an hour. Cause Construction pays well. (depending on what you do I suppose.)

Sad part is, like most other games I have played, within a month, I'm usually done with the game. Somewhere around 600 games on my Steam account, majority of them I tossed aside in a day. I have a feeling I don't know the value of a dollar...

Posted (edited)

I'm in IT, we don't really work so I guess I technically dicked around on Reddit for 2 hours.  Actually that's pretty much what I did the other 6 hours too....

Edited by Mike_Hawk

Posted

Got some dough from my freelance work :)

Posted

Hitting "confirm purchase" wasn't all that hard for me. I probably made the money in 5 minutes. I was probably just breathing at the time.

Posted

I'm in IT, we don't really work so I guess I technically dicked around on Reddit for 2 hours.  Actually that's pretty much what I did the other 6 hours too....

I'm In IT too whats why I can get away with what my earlier post said. I literately leveled 3 toons in ESO to v16 mostly at work lol

Posted

Fella, I can't tell if you're serious or not. Even if you are just a kid, the cost spread out over a year is something like .27 cents per day.  Surely you can scrounge that amount?  Have you looked into getting a paper round?

Posted

I worked 4 hours...

Posted

Tax returns. Gg