• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Conqueror's Package Cosmetics

Conqueror's Package Cosmetics   115 votes

1. 1. Should the Conqueror's Package cosmetics be single-use?

• Yes, this makes them more exclusive!
    • No, this makes me afraid to use them!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So as we all know if you purchase the Conqueror's Package your get your choice of a "founder's" costume for 1 character that is only redeemable once. So this pretty much means you need to select your main immediately and if you have any other character's you are unable to show your special snowflake status.

I know this is a complaint thread but I'm curious what everyone thinks about restricting the exclusive skins you get to 1 character. I haven't seen many threads regarding this and never saw a reasoning from the devs. 

"The unique costumes are meant to distinguish those who decided to support us, by pre-ordering the game. You will only get a unique costume for a single character, of your choice. You will not get a unique costume for each class. 
Costumes will look as given in the picture below. Some classes' costumes are in the progress of being designed and will be revealed as soon as possible."

It seems like if I make the wrong choice (which is on me obviously) I don't get to show my support or w/e and am stuck with a class that I don't like (be it to nerfs/me not enjoying the endgame of the class/decide I like a different class more/etc.). To me it seems  rather arbitrary to put in exclusive content that the purchaser has to worry about using correctly. This also seems like it devalues the Conqueror's Package by making the aesthetic items single-use. MMO players generally have a main but still create and play regularly a number of alternate characters.

Am I the only one who is kinda bummed by this?

Edited by Satorias
Spelling
3 people like this

Posted

If I'm correct, you can mail the costume to all your other characters. (or even put it in your warehouse and then withdraw it with another character).

Posted

If I'm correct, you can mail the costume to all your other characters. (or even put it in your warehouse and then withdraw it with another character).

Do you know if this means you can use it on multiple characters? Or does it "bind" to the first character that equips it?

Posted

You may be able to transfer the costume to your other characters, but a warrior costume will always be a warrior costume, no matter if you transfered it to a ranger.

As for choice of classes, if you're getting a costume from the conquerors pack, you will also get 2 CBTs to find your main class.

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah it's a dummber.
One time use founder pack costumes seems to bea thing alot of mmorpgs do now a days.

Real shame for people like me who make multiple characters.

Also shame for people like me who want to play ninja.

Guess I'll go valkyrie or sorc or ranger..idk yet

I wish there was a way to just have amax level character so i could play all 3 and find out which flows the best for me,.

Instead of probably end up having to grind it out to find out which would be a bummer because I just don't have that kind of time like others.

1 person likes this

Posted

You may be able to transfer the costume to your other characters, but a warrior costume will always be a warrior costume, no matter if you transfered it to a ranger.

As for choice of classes, if you're getting a costume from the conquerors pack, you will also get 2 CBTs to find your main class.

I agree with you, partially. I have 2 CBTs to figure it out, however, classes get buffed, nerfed, or destroyed constantly in MMOs. It just bothers me that I wont be able to enjoy something I payed 100 bucks for because of possible future changes. But that may just be a personality defect of mine :P.

Posted

Yeah it's a dummber.
One time use founder pack costumes seems to bea thing alot of mmorpgs do now a days.

Real shame for people like me who make multiple characters.

Also shame for people like me who want to play ninja.

Guess I'll go valkyrie or sorc or ranger..idk yet

I wish there was a way to just have amax level character so i could play all 3 and find out which flows the best for me,.

Instead of probably end up having to grind it out to find out which would be a bummer because I just don't have that kind of time like others.

There are a few games that run the tutorial with a high level (ie. 30 or higher) character so you get a preview of their skills and play style.  It would be nice if more games would do something like that.

Posted (edited)

I agree with you, partially. I have 2 CBTs to figure it out, however, classes get buffed, nerfed, or destroyed constantly in MMOs. It just bothers me that I wont be able to enjoy something I payed 100 bucks for because of possible future changes. But that may just be a personality defect of mine :P.

Exactly. DAUM gave us a *bs* excuse for the conq. packages. The truth is, many mmo games still offer accountbound founders costumes and DAUM may be the first company I know of that went the route of class bound for founders costume.

Even BnS has a better package in my opinion. Then again NCsoft is considered one of the more established and fair publisher.

Heck, this is the reason I'm still on the fence about purchasing a conq. or not.

Edited by Seishikin
1 person likes this

Posted

Oh wow... didn't think about this one yet T_T.. be damn'd ! :'( Gonna take the Valkyrie then I guess since I really DISLIKE the sorc armor :(

Posted

I never understood this, and always hoped that it would change. It would be nice if it updated to include other classes as they were added, but it wouldn't kill me if they didn't. What does bother the hell out of me is that the costumes/weapons are single use. My play style is alt heavy and I would prefer the ability to claim the cosmetics on everyone.

Given how mount/pet breeding works, I understand why we can't claim them more than once, but it shouldn't be that way for a founder's costume. I can't wrap my head around this one..it makes no sense. It's not even like it's in the shop and they want you to buy the other versions as they already said they wouldn't put it up. Perhaps they were afraid of people claiming them more than once and selling them? If so, just make the preorder costumes account bound and unable to be sold to vendors....like every other game that offers preorder cosmetics.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Exactly. DAUM gave us a *bs* excuse for the conq. packages. The truth is, many mmo games still offer accountbound founders costumes and DAUM may be the first company I know of that went the route of class bound for founders costume.

Even BnS has a better package in my opinion. Then again NCsoft is considered one of the more established and fair publisher.

Heck, this is the reason I'm still on the fence about purchasing a conq. or not.

I completely agree with this. I will most likely purchase it any way, however, it feels like a slap in the face to not be able to at least have one copy of everything on each character. 

I never understood this, and always hoped that it would change. It would be nice if it updated to include other classes as they were added, but it wouldn't kill me if they didn't. What does bother the hell out of me is that the costumes/weapons are single use. My play style is alt heavy and I would prefer the ability to claim the cosmetics on everyone.

Given how mount/pet breeding works, I understand why we can't claim them more than once, but it shouldn't be that way for a founder's costume. I can't wrap my head around this one..it makes no sense. It's not even like it's in the shop and they want you to buy the other versions as they already said they wouldn't put it up. Perhaps they were afraid of people claiming them more than once and selling them? If so, just make the preorder costumes account bound and unable to be sold to vendors....like every other game that offers preorder cosmetics.

This is how I feel completely. The single-use bit also will make it to where you will probably never (rarely) see any founder's stuff in game after 6 months or so.

EDIT: Making the costumes single-use will reduce their overall saturation even more so than having them be Conqueror exclusive.

Edited by Satorias

Posted

I really wanted to play the blader, But you can't have everything haha. Make the best of it guys! warrior is not a bad class :o

1 person likes this

Posted

I really wanted to play the blader, But you can't have everything haha. Make the best of it guys! warrior is not a bad class :o

I guess...but it seems like a really easy thing to just "let" us reuse the cosmetics on our own toons. On a side note I want the blader D:.

Posted

I hope you can use it on multiple characters. Either way - giving you multiple times or letting you use on multiple chars

Posted

I made a post about this before and surprisingly most people were against letting people use the costume multiple times. Most MMOs I've seen make these things account bound. They could easily change this so that every time a new character is made you get these items mailed to you. I'm going to feel terrible if I pick the costume for the wrong class because I know for sure I won't be able to choose which class I want to main right away. QOL and making people happy, it's really only beneficial. I really urge the devs to change this for us or at least acknowledge they're taking this into consideration. :D 

1 person likes this

Posted

I guess...but it seems like a really easy thing to just "let" us reuse the cosmetics on our own toons. On a side note I want the blader D:.

Yeah I really want the Blader too. Lucky Tamers T_T

Posted (edited)

So I've played the russian version to level 30 on 2 characters (stopped after because I got a good feel for it and decided I wanted to preorder the english version) and never found basic armor that didn't work on my characters, so I assume it works the same with costumes, they work on all classes, but just look different on each class or at least that's what I hope/assume it's gonna be like. although the weapons are class bound I know that, so the exclusive weapon you get from preordering  should only work on 1 or 2 classes.

Edited by Jakeub

Posted

So I've played the russian version to level 30 on 2 characters (stopped after because I got a good feel for it and decided I wanted to preorder the english version) and never found basic armor that didn't work on my characters, so I assume it works the same with costumes, they work on all classes, but just look different on each class or at least that's what I hope/assume it's gonna be like. although the weapons are class bound I know that, so the exclusive weapon you get from preordering  should only work on 1 or 2 classes.

You can't switch them between characters. Once you get a warrior outfit it's forever warrior. This is my understanding which is why it's upsetting. 

Posted

Costumes from cash shop are bound to class so it's impossible for multi-char :(

Posted

It is rather limiting despite shelling out one hundred bucks, forty extra than a western retail game.

Posted

It is rather limiting despite shelling out one hundred bucks, forty extra than a western retail game.

Price wise totally. I really think it would be better to give each release class the costume instead of limiting it. 

Posted

Oh yeah me too but its only what.

5 days?

I've never played the game before and i work 6 days week.

Sunday is the only day I can actually tear into the game unless i sacrifice sleeping time just to play a video game.

I'm sad.

Anyway i think imma make a thread about this!

1 person likes this

Posted

They are trying to apeal to the western world where vanity and self entitlement reign supreme! Damn straight they should give us our vanity.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is how I feel completely. The single-use bit also will make it to where you will probably never (rarely) see any founder's stuff in game after 6 months or so.

EDIT: Making the costumes single-use will reduce their overall saturation even more so than having them be Conqueror exclusive.

This couldn't have crossed their minds...it simply couldn't have. Why else make an exclusive costume if nobody will ever see it?

Unfortunately, mine will end up collecting dust for fear of using and wasting them.

2 people like this

Posted

Exlusive costume be must exclusive!!!