• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Conqueror's Package Cosmetics

Conqueror's Package Cosmetics   115 votes

1. 1. Should the Conqueror's Package cosmetics be single-use?

• Yes, this makes them more exclusive!
    • No, this makes me afraid to use them!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 posts in this topic

Posted

Exlusive costume be must exclusive!!!

I get why everyone feels the way they do, but I think ^ has the idea they have. Exclusivity for its own sake is reason enough. 

Posted

I get why everyone feels the way they do, but I think ^ has the idea they have. Exclusivity for its own sake is reason enough. 

Not for the $100 price tag

Posted

Not for the $100 price tag

I think you're misunderstanding the definition of exclusivity. The more exclusive something is, the more it's worth. That's how it works with literally anything else. 

Posted

Yes, but you also need to keep value in mind when it is an average consumer product. This isn't a Faberge egg, but a game.

Posted

Indeed, and no one is forcing anyone to pay $99. It's an option...to obtain the more....EXCLUSIVE perks. Hence the point. 

Posted (edited)

The costume was a small part of the package to me. It's fine as it is, I would have still purchased the package anyway. 

I understand why they do this stuff and I'm good with it. I don't mind the outfit being exclusive. I would argue I even prefer it. The less you see it around, the more exclusive it is. 

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

With it being a pre-order only option...and there not being a box version where a person could hunt it down and pick one up later, the cosmetics were already going to be exclusive. The population would continue to grow post launch, and the costume would fade in saturation from there. Even if it could be claimed multiple times, a year or so from now it would still be rare. To use my most recent game as an example, Tera has exclusive pre-order items that can be claimed by the account infinitely, meanwhile you almost never see anyone with said skins/mounts.

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh yeah me too but its only what.

5 days?

I've never played the game before and i work 6 days week.

Sunday is the only day I can actually tear into the game unless i sacrifice sleeping time just to play a video game.

I'm sad.

Anyway i think imma make a thread about this!

Do it! I hope we can get them to at least look at this!

Posted

I could understand this...but they are exclusive already; to the people who purchase the highest level of possible support in the game (at the moment). It seems silly to restrict these people from using something intended to show how they would support the game before it even released.

2 people like this

Posted

I should want that unlocked for every class. 
I mean you are a supporter then you should get the outfit for every class and every chracter you creat from now on.

1 person likes this

Posted

I should want that unlocked for every class. 
I mean you are a supporter then you should get the outfit for every class and every chracter you creat from now on.

I could understand this...but they are exclusive already; to the people who purchase the highest level of possible support in the game (at the moment). It seems silly to restrict these people from using something intended to show how they would support the game before it even released.

I can understand you a bit better from those perspectives.

1 person likes this

Posted

With it being a pre-order only option...and there not being a box version where a person could hunt it down and pick one up later, the cosmetics were already going to be exclusive. The population would continue to grow post launch, and the costume would fade in saturation from there. Even if it could be claimed multiple times, a year or so from now it would still be rare. To use my most recent game as an example, Tera has exclusive pre-order items that can be claimed by the account infinitely, meanwhile you almost never see anyone with said skins/mounts.

I did the exact same thing! My buddy and I got back into the game (Tera) 2 years after release and were really excited to still have our Founder's gear available to us. Which is another point entirely...we left the game for 2 years came back to it and were really grateful that we still had our exclusive gear. Hell we even purchased a bunch of fun stuff because we were happy that a large purchase we made in the past was still relevant.

People leave games (particularly multiplayer only games) all the time. When/if said people come back to the game giving them a nod to show they are still appreciated will make them want to stay again. It's one of those weird human psychological things.

1 person likes this

Posted

I did the exact same thing! My buddy and I got back into the game (Tera) 2 years after release and were really excited to still have our Founder's gear available to us. Which is another point entirely...we left the game for 2 years came back to it and were really grateful that we still had our exclusive gear. Hell we even purchased a bunch of fun stuff because we were happy that a large purchase we made in the past was still relevant.

People leave games (particularly multiplayer only games) all the time. When/if said people come back to the game giving them a nod to show they are still appreciated will make them want to stay again. It's one of those weird human psychological things.

That being said, I still feel the same way, but I can definitely understand what you mean. I guess in this situation you'll just have to come back to that main character with all of those things. 

Posted

That being said, I still feel the same way, but I can definitely understand what you mean. I guess in this situation you'll just have to come back to that main character with all of those things. 

Hah. It's rare to find someone with a dissenting opinion that isn't combative about it! I think it's important to understand that there are people who appreciate exclusive exclusivity (not sure if there is a better way to describe this).

In all honesty I knew there were people who didn't agree with me but I didn't think it would be for the reason you are stating (I think it is actually a pretty good counter-argument).

1 person likes this

Posted

To be frank, I love the idea of playing over the course of a few years on my main and showing off my pride of being there from the start. It's like a scar from a battle, or a purple heart to the wallet for some. ;) 

Posted

I can understand you a bit better from those perspectives.

Let's think about it.
You pay 99.99 eu wich for me is around 1000 swe kr.
A days work so to speak, and you get sure a highlight name like patron or supporter or something like that for buying the pack but one outfits it's a bit small don't you think?

I bought armored warfares biggest pack in CBT 3 *AW had CBT 5 until it got to OBT*
I got as we get here "Patron" name and 3 exclusive tanks and a tank sticker plus gold etc etc.
still 3 exclusive tanks for being there from the start is good, here one outfit.
It's a bit smal in my eyes but don't get me wrong I'm really hyped for the game 

Posted

I did the same thing, just not that big of a hiatus. I actually use my skins and lion. Hell, sometimes I'll go super rare and use one of the preorder horses. It's nice to run about with something you know nobody has. I wasn't even upset that the newer classes couldn't use the skins, just grateful that everyone else still could--and that they were never added to the shop.

The difference between that and BDO is that it offered it for multiple use and without nearly as high a price tag. The Tera preorder most certainly came at a better value. Black Desert's leaves a bit to be desired, and it's a common belief shared on the forums. That didn't stop many of us from purchasing it for the bonuses, we just weren't happy about. It's never a good feeling, going into a relationship with a company and already feeling like they screwed you over. Not only does it leave a bad taste, but it gives the impression that they will do it again.

Posted

Let's think about it.You pay 99.99 eu wich for me is around 1000 swe kr.
A days work so to speak, and you get sure a highlight name like patron or supporter or something like that for buying the pack but one outfits it's a bit small don't you think?

I bought armored warfares biggest pack in CBT 3 *AW had CBT 5 until it got to OBT*
I got as we get here "Patron" name and 3 exclusive tanks and a tank sticker plus gold etc etc.
still 3 exclusive tanks for being there from the start is good, here one outfit.

It's still just a choice and it's really not all that much money considering all the other things that come with it. 96hr headstart for those that are competitive that alone is freakin' huge. Name and Family Name reservation is aesthetically a very big deal for people in an MMORPG. Those things plus all the cosmetic extras, ingame shop currency (pearls), as well as the title and 3 additional (to the 4 you get) character slots. It's not like you get nothing but an outfit. 

Posted

Let's think about it.You pay 99.99 eu wich for me is around 1000 swe kr.

I think the nice thing about this post is pretty much anyone with an opinion on it is hoping the game is successful ^.^.

On a similar note the founders for Warframe got an exclusive playable character and exclusive weapons (actual playable things rather than cosmetics) if you got the higher tiers, which is pretty awesome. In my mind being able to redeem playable items once is fine; cosmetics, on the other hand, I feel should be reusable.

Posted

I'd prefer if we had one costume available for every class. But my main complain is that the style of the costume doesn't really fit every class, I would have preferd something more unique and fitting every class style.

Posted

It's still just a choice and it's really not all that much money considering all the other things that come with it. 96hr headstart for those that are competitive that alone is freakin' huge. Name and Family Name reservation is aesthetically a very big deal for people in an MMORPG. Those things plus all the cosmetic extras, ingame shop currency (pearls), as well as the title and 3 additional (to the 4 you get) character slots. It's not like you get nothing but an outfit. 

not my point man :P
I mean the outfit is locked to one character but can move it around

Posted

Think of it this way. If they put a value on the costume they probably put it at around $10. The price of a regular single character costume. Pretend an account wide costume goes for $40, and you could see why they didn't give us unlimited copies of the outfit in the packages.

Posted

How about they announce them before CBT1 to know if i need conqueror package or i'm better off getting pearls 

Posted (edited)

Think of it this way. If they put a value on the costume they probably put it at around $10. The price of a regular single character costume. Pretend an account wide costume goes for $40, and you could see why they didn't give us unlimited copies of the outfit in the packages.

That's speculation since they haven't announced their pricing. Additionally founder's packages in and of themselves are meant to be "special." Effectively we are getting large discounts on things, slightly neat one off features like name reservation, and single-use single-character costumes (not really that amazing when you break it down). I dunno it just makes more sense to allow the costumes to be available.

On the other hand your point is valid. It just is kind of disappointing if that is their opinion on it.

EDIT: I am going to buy it anyway just thinking it could definitely be improved in a lot of ways.

Edited by Satorias

Posted (edited)

I am bad at finding the right character for me but I am OK with the one use costume. I hope that in 2 betas I will be certain on what I want to play.

I knew what I was buying and they made it clear.

I understand that I will just need to be careful on who I give the costume for and that it will be special. In fact I have found that things like making it a single use never to be had again can make it that much more special.

The reality is if this is like many of the other games out there in short order we will be wearing yet some other outfit because it is cooler or what have you.

That said I know my costume will be very limited and exclusive.

Edited by Slugosaurus