• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Should I give RP a try?

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Really I have been considering RP for years. Looked at rping on some other mmos but never got into it. I have really been interested but never felt commited enough. The original RP community I walked into was complete trash. All of them were jerks who tried to force me one way or another. Finnaly I have up and tryed D&D. I was really excited at first then I realised I had no one to RP with. Really my experience with RP has been really nasty so far and i'm on my last legs. Should I really try? Is it really worth it? I mean i'm willing im just overwhelmed and black desert is already complicated enough. And with my relativley young age and depression im just really unsteady. Sorry about the emotion outpoor just had to get that off my chest but I do want to hear what everyone thinks. Should I even try or just play the game as is?

~ Sharingan

1 person likes this

Posted

The RP community here is great. They have been very supportive of me getting into RP, and I was in a similar situation as you when I was considering starting up RP in BDO. I went to my first event during CBT2 and had a lot of fun. There are lots of RP guilds and I'm sure someone would love to take you on and help you. Making a character will take time, but it is time well spent and it can be as toned down or deep as you want! I support you 100% and hope you consider joining the RP community here.

1 person likes this

Posted

Do it.

I'll spare you the Shia gif. ;) Look around and have fun!

Posted

One other really important thing to remember, RP doesn't have to be scripted, or planned, or constant or some really heavy thing. You don't need to go and join an event, or find an RP guild, or RP all the time. You can just talk with someone on the road, or chat with people in a tavern, then just leave and do something else if you're finished. You can also RP at all times, do tons of events, play with other RPers... or not. Or switch between, doing one then the other. RP a bunch one day, and then don't do it at all the next. It's really up to you. You can do as little or as much as you like, and you can always switch or change your mind, even part way through an encounter. The point is to have fun, and if you're not having fun... then what's the point? If someone get's mad, or is a jerk? Walk away. There are tons of us here who would love to RP and are super cool about whatever you're up to doing, so don't worry and just do what you feel like you're up to. Have fun!

Posted

Thanks alot! The support means a ton. I just dont know where to start? Any ideas? Guides, Links, Videos?

Posted

Thanks alot! The support means a ton. I just dont know where to start? Any ideas? Guides, Links, Videos?

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/22821-a-beginners-guide-to-roleplay/

I'm watching the videos linked here, and I have to say, they are great. I'm not done all of them yet, but they are both entertaining and informative. Also, the lessons are excellently conveyed to the viewer.

Good luck! And if you need any help with anything, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction.

1 person likes this

Posted

You're already in the community now! Welcome :D haha the community here is great and we are ALL ready to help and have fun with anyone that rps :P(and doesn't)

Posted (edited)

Thanks so much guys! Ill deffinatley think about it! The only problem is now I wanna RP a dude and all the male classes are like super wierd except for warrior *sigh* time to wait for blader and ninja ;( Any ideas or suggestions?

Edited by Sharingan

Posted

Thanks so much guys! Ill deffinatley think about it! The only problem is now I wanna RP a dude and all the male classes are like super wierd except for warrior *sigh* time to wait for blader and ninja ;(

A big thing with RP is doing what you're comfortable with. Me personally, I've been RPing for 17ish years and I have no issue with adopting a female role, but that's me and I am comfortable with that. You'll need to test the waters and see how and what you're comfortable with and enjoy. If you want/need help you know it's readily available and some have already given guidance. 

Roleplaying, I like to think is acting. That's all it is, except it's primarily done in text. Don't be afraid, and just work at it. Your writing doesn't have to be the literary masterpiece of the year, as long as you have fun and don't ruin others fun, it's easy, and plenty of people are willing to give you advice along the way.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yea that is one thing i'm stressing about. My age. Is there anything I should be worried about there? I mean like its rough and I dont want to be caught in a situation where my age becomes a problem.

Posted

That depends on your age, I suppose. A lot of problems, or the problem I've seen with all RP communities is that there are and will be cliques and elitists you want you to say and act like this or do what they prefer, or simply ignore you because you're "Not up to par with their level" garbage nonsense. Ignore them, they're no fun and their experiences are limited to those they deem are worthy of their holier than thou, exclusive club. Sucks for them, because the real magic happens from the unknown.

Don't stress it. If a situation arises where you don't think you could handle it, just be polite and casually see yourself out of the situation. Ie - Sigilor, with a shake of his head suddenly remembered something of the utmost importance. "You'll have to forgive me, but I must attend to something urgent." and poof.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks! I have been reading up on the Ravens of War and im really interested! I really appreciate all the support you've all given it means alot I cant stress that enough. Just... any words of advice on joining the guild? Or working in it?

Edit: Oh and is anyone gonna be on tonight? As in conquerers?

Edited by Sharingan

Posted

Really I have been considering RP for years. Looked at rping on some other mmos but never got into it. I have really been interested but never felt commited enough. The original RP community I walked into was complete trash. All of them were jerks who tried to force me one way or another. Finnaly I have up and tryed D&D. I was really excited at first then I realised I had no one to RP with. Really my experience with RP has been really nasty so far and i'm on my last legs. Should I really try? Is it really worth it? I mean i'm willing im just overwhelmed and black desert is already complicated enough. And with my relativley young age and depression im just really unsteady. Sorry about the emotion outpoor just had to get that off my chest but I do want to hear what everyone thinks. Should I even try or just play the game as is?

~ Sharingan

Yes

Posted (edited)

Thanks! I have been reading up on the Ravens of War and im really interested! I really appreciate all the support you've all given it means alot I cant stress that enough. Just... any words of advice on joining the guild? Or working in it?

I've got little advice for you about guilds, given I'm personally anti-guild. I suggest you check their site if they have one and apply or find their members here on the forums and ask them questions! Get your foot in the door and make a good impression!

-----------

I'll be on and about Sharingan if you wanna hang/Level/RP.

Find me under the Family Name 'Torien'! I'll be on a character named Sebastian/Sebastion! Always happy to hang with a fellow RPer!
xD

Edited by Rayl

Posted

Thanks man really appreciate it sorry if I dont hard core RP its 12 here so stayin up late xD 

Posted

Thanks man really appreciate it sorry if I dont hard core RP its 12 here so stayin up late xD 

No problem man, I'm going to try and get out of the starter area as soon as possible to get away from the clutter; get to a point I"m comfortable in settling down at and then relax, have fun, and RP the night away!

Posted

Looks like there servers crashed xD

Posted (edited)

Not big surprise. :U

It'll pass, otherwise nothing wrong with a good night's sleep. xD

(I'm in now!)

Edited by Rayl

Posted (edited)

Its pretty simple to join the Ravens.

If you would like to make an application, you can leave it on our thread that Sigilor linked. Follow the guidelines for application that our Captain, Konrad Knox left and you should get a response soon!

Sorry for the late reply. Also, if there isn't a male class you want to play and aren't comfortable RPing a female (completely understandable), then it might be awhile until you have the character you want to RP with. You could PvX with us on another class until then and not have to worry about RPing with us for now.

Edited by Arvek
Edit

Posted

I also recommend checking out the BDORP forums if you're interested.

Posted (edited)

Thanks to both of you. Arvek I did post a app and pmed the RoW leader he hasnt seen it yet though :( as in hasnt read it

Edited by Sharingan

Posted

That depends on your age, I suppose. A lot of problems, or the problem I've seen with all RP communities is that there are and will be cliques and elitists you want you to say and act like this or do what they prefer, or simply ignore you because you're "Not up to par with their level" garbage nonsense. Ignore them, they're no fun and their experiences are limited to those they deem are worthy of their holier than thou, exclusive club. Sucks for them, because the real magic happens from the unknown.

True; however, in the RP'ers defense:  there are the old "wizard hat and robe" types who "grief" the RP community, so there does need to be *some* line to distinguish honest attempts (and let's be fair, even after trying, it might not be for everyone) and those who just want to lolicopter life or whatever.

That's why I've always liked RP servers (similar to the owPvP argument).  I've tried RP, but it is tough for me to "stick with it" as I often gravitate towards the min/max/stamp collector playstyle... Explore and Achievements > RP > pvp > grinding end game

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure how many RPers are there but if you enjoy it don't see why not.

Even if you are alone you'll stumble upon somebody that will play along.

Edited by CruleD