• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Report a Text / Localization Issue

403 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Lv. 33 Sorceress Black Spirit Quest: Delphe Knights Acknowledgement

NPC: <Delphe Knights Deputy Master> Elgriffin

The NPCs grammar needs a correction.

http://imgur.com/4n3ZEWE

4n3ZEWE - Imgur.jpg

Edited by m0kin

Posted

So i got a weird problem with the localization. My name ingame is Jotun, and as i understand it Jot is a slang word for a mans nether regions in korean, so the first three letters of my name is censored for everyone else. Is it possible to maybe remove this from the chat filter so people can see my name?

Posted

Text error by Anti's story (should be she not he)

2016-03-02_5501723.thumb.JPG.5f65534ebf6

Posted (edited)

I concur; ALL the text related to this quest says Beltfish. I sold a Tongue Sole thinking it wasn't needed after a few hours of trying to fish up a Beltfish. When I finally got it it was crushing, needless to say.

Can you tell me where you got the tongue sole? I've wasted hours trying to do the quest with no luck.

edit. For anyone interested you can do the quest Fishing, the noble hobby by fishing a tongue sole fish from Cron Castle Site.

Edited by Everdark
Info for people that want it

Posted

Description of the issue: Two typos I found. One of them isn't a big deal, the other one was evil because I was trying to figure out where I got the quest and I couldn't find the guy because the name isn't spelled correctly. I have circled the problem areas in red below.

Screenshot:

2016-03-03_344046420.thumb.jpg.24585c8ca2016-03-03_344103574.thumb.jpg.b1865b18c

Posted

Hello!

I couldnt do alot of convo games with NPCs, but with few of them I noticed, that some of "talk topics" can provide buff for Interest/favour, though description says -decreasing-, while on the tooltip its +1, +2 interest/favour

As well I dont know if its intentional, but "Material for a Lumbering Axe" quest from Alfredo in Velia, for lvl 13-15 is a bit hard to complete. Description says u need to bring 1 log and 3 copper ORE, which is completely fine for Velia and characters under lvl 15... But in reality u need ash timber x1 and copper INGOT x3, point is u can't make ingot with processing unless u complete the quest in Hiedel to get knowledge about it. (well u can use mineral workbench to make ingots, but 30 copper shards is nearly 150 copper ore, which is ~25k to buy from AH).

Also quest from Tachros, about Cron castle can ba taken at lvl 16 (!), while mobs there more suitable for lvl 50 characters, and it was some scream in chat, that some1 actually went there and died several times, so maybe it's good idea to add some red text about level requirements.

Posted

I'll add some information to the incorrect fishing quest translations:

Quest asks for Rockfish,  requires Amberjack

Posted

I got 2 small bugs.

First 1 is The lizard hide. In the discription of the lizard hide is nited that i can be obtained by skinning a wolf. Which ofcourse it isn't.

Second is that the Pictures on the 2 legged dining table and the 4 legged dining table are switched. I bought them both and the names are correct with the tables but the pictures are swaped.

2016-03-01_221769803.thumb.JPG.7b2613b1c 

Both are minor things

1 person likes this

Posted

Tons of mismatched quest info to report. Especially around fishing/gathering quests. Here's a few, no screenshots needed really.

Cleaning Up The Environment : Asks for 1 Tattered Boot - Actual item needed : Fertilizer Sack

Aborable Bleekers: Asks for Bleekers - Actual item needed : Roundtail Paradisefish

Scary and Ugly: Asks for Scorpion Fish -  didn't write this one down - but it's not Fourfinger Threadfin

Materials for a Lumbering Axe: Asks for Copper Ore (1) - Actual item needed : Copper Ingots (3)

Previous quest from Alfredo for fishing pole : Asks for Log - Actual item needed : Ash Timber

Almost all the fishing quests in Velia are mislabeled as well. These are the ones I noted, or remembered. Thanks!

Fishing quest 'A Fatty': Asks for a Swellfish - Actual item needed : Sardine .... lol. Might want to rethink that one.

The Sweet Fish: Asks for Sweetfish - Actual item needed : Notch Jaw

Quoted for relevance, also edited what the fish was called.

Doing the fishing quests and the names are totally screwed up. This is a terrible experience.

Sandfish is also required for the "Starfish" quest.

The launch patch did not fix these issues.  Localization is still atrocious.  In fact, it broke more of the UI.

Posted

Your bug link says the ticket wont be submitted until I click a link to confirm. Well, I just submitted my third ticket, and numbers two and three, I never got a llnk to confirm submission. Are those now just going in the trash can?

Posted

NPC asks for a Beltfish, but when spoken to, asks for something completely else. As a completionist this KILLS me. I love an empty quest log and no exclamation marks anywhere.

BR5IY48.jpg63ZzOqw.jpg

Posted (edited)

Description of the issue: Localization Issue, Quest item spelled wrong in the Quest Log and Quest Tracker, It should be Lustrous Feathers and not Shiny Feathers
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/7iacMRq.jpg

DS8Ys9t.jpg2se74uN.jpg7iacMRq.jpg

Edited by MrHmm

Posted

Posted

Found a typo in the one of the captured ogre guards' dialog.

Say's "Why is making it so strong?"  instead of "What.."

2016-03-04_486282435.JPG

Posted

NopKoW0.png

Dolve the lost one and you need to bring him to Freharau

Posted

When another player sends you a party invite, the message window does not add a spacebar after their name.

2016_03_02_7002243.jpg

Posted (edited)

http://prntscr.com/abegry This link is safe I promise.

It says, "You're pet can be found in the Pet List." When it should be, "Your pet can be found in the Pet List."

Edited by ShiiZzLe

Posted (edited)

Tons of mismatched quest info to report. Especially around fishing/gathering quests. Here's a few, no screenshots needed really.

Cleaning Up The Environment : Asks for 1 Tattered Boot - Actual item needed : Fertilizer Sack

Aborable Bleekers: Asks for Bleekers - Actual item needed : Roundtail Paradisefish

Scary and Ugly: Asks for Scorpion Fish -  didn't write this one down - but it's not Scorpion Fish

Materials for a Lumbering Axe: Asks for Copper Ore (1) - Actual item needed : Copper Ingots (3)

Previous quest from Alfredo for fishing pole : Asks for Log - Actual item needed : Ash Timber

Almost all the fishing quests in Velia are mislabeled as well. These are the ones I noted, or remembered. Thanks!

Fishing quest 'A Fatty': Asks for a Swellfish - Actual item needed : Sardine .... lol. Might want to rethink that one.

The Sweet Fish: Asks for Sweetfish - Actual item needed : Notch Jaw

Quoted for relevance, also edited what the fish was called.

Doing the fishing quests and the names are totally screwed up. This is a terrible experience.

Sandfish is also required for the "Starfish" quest.

The launch patch did not fix these issues.  Localization is still atrocious.  In fact, it broke more of the UI.

Bumped.  Running into several of these mentioned errors while fishing.  Spent way too long looking for a starfish for Crio only to have the quest completed by catching a sandfish... >.<

Edited by Vaer_Aalhari

Posted

Forgot to SS.

When registering a horse for breeding it needs to be healed to full HP + Stam, If you don't it says 'not enough energy' which is not the case

Posted

The conversation cards which mention decreasing interest as a combo effect seem to actually increase interest instead.

2016_03_05_13705307.jpg2016_03_05_13708308.jpg

Posted (edited)

Description of the issue: Three different names are used to describe one item, really confusing.

ss (2016-03-05 at 02.11.42).png

Description of the issue: Shards of Darkness HUD description says you have to acquire shards to get a shard, supposed to say fragments like below.

ss (2016-03-05 at 01.09.09).png

Description of the issue: When fishing, the word "resources" really doesn't have to be there twice, has it?

ss (2016-03-04 at 02.12.22).png

Description of the issue: Quite a few grammatical mistakes and spelling errors when accessing the Special Deals on the Marketplace.

ss (2016-03-04 at 12.47.41).png

Edited by Masti
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

ss (2016-03-04 at 12.47.41).png

That's actual Engrish.

My god they aren't even having someone fluent in English proofread things, are they?

I'll work on localization if you guys want to hire me.  Can't stand things like this.

Edited by DAOWAce

Posted

85031bc474.jpg

9c0608ad17.jpg

Wrong name in Questlog. (Nearly Ragequitted finding "Izauro") 

Posted

That's actual Engrish.

My god they aren't even having someone fluent in English proofread things, are they?

I'll work on localization if you guys want to hire me.  Can't stand things like this.

Seconded.
There's so much of this in the game and I don't know who was in charge of proofreading the translations but they must've been skipping some of this, surely.