• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Report a Text / Localization Issue

403 posts in this topic

Posted

Typo in Blue version of Scented Tea (Tea with Strong Scent)

The text states that it gives a unique effect of "MP +50 fro 75 minutes"

It should be: "MP +50 for 75 minutes"

A nicer version would be "Max MP +50 for 75 minutes"

2016-03-10_667076887.thumb.JPG.d32008aea

Posted

in the german version the armor sets say that there is a 4piece bonus. from other players i found out that this is not true and all sets have only 3piece bonus.

Posted

i had the same issue. I found some quests with the same issue. 

Seafood Mushroom Salad ingredients: 1 Squid + 1 Fortune Teller Mushroom + 2 Dressing 
※ Dressing ingredients: 1 Egg + 1 Olive Oil + 2 Salt + 1 Mineral Water 
※ Other mushrooms can be substituted for Fortune Teller Mushroom. Other mollusks or crustaceans can be substituted for Squid. 
※ Cooking will succeed at a 100% rate if the number of ingredients is equal to or greater than the required amount, but if there are fewer ingredients, the cooking may either succeed or fail. 
※ You can get Mushrooms by farming Hypha in your garden or through Node Production. You can get Squid by Fishing in the sea. 
※ You can get Dressing by Cooking. ※
 You can substitute 2 Dried Fish of the same grade for the fish ingredient, i.e. you can use 2 Dried Squid instead of the Squid.

Dried Seafood x2, Mushrooms x3, Dressing x2

i placed 2 dried fish +1Frortune Teller Mushroom + 2 Dressing=Fail+Fail+fail

Posted

I was trying to find my horse, it said it was in "Northern Neutral Zone", but infact it was at Oliveiro , south-west of "Northern Plain of Serendia" (At the bridge).

Posted

Hi, for the  quest [Alchemy] Creation Of Essence, it has you make an essence of enchantment, the one ingredient I could not find at all was Fruit Of Temptation. looked around and found out a little later that Fruit Of Enchantment is what works. The recipe is wrong!

CreationOfEssence.png

1 person likes this

Posted

While speaking with Ceasar in Glish I found that there was a different spelling of his name with his equipment. There is a quest with Freharau where he sends you to see this man and refers to him as Chaesar. Don't know which is the appropriate name but I assume it is Ceasar?

Screenshot:

2016-03-11_2466984.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not sure how many this has been bugging but it's something I think that should really change to look cleaner and more professional. I am talking about the Profession list on the 'My Information' page. You will notice that all professions (Alchemy being the exception for obvious reasons) all end with 'ing' except of course Cook and Trade. I ask that you please change them to Cooking and Trading so that they match all the others.

Another detail that's really irked me is when a change was made to the text for levels of each profession. The 'Lvl.' was removed and all were pushed together with all level titles thus making it all look like a mess. Very poor and lazy looking. I ask you to please change this back to the way it was. Again, that looked a lot more professional and cleaner.

profilefix.png

Posted

This guy has weird text:

2016-03-12_4026992.JPG

Posted (edited)

I've made a collection of all the wrong quests that have been posted so far / that I have found. Bit easier of an overview and has no duplicates:

I'll keep it updated whenever I find more.

This guy has weird text:

2016-03-12_4026992.JPG

That's no bug. Follow the quests and read the lore, it's actually "Fogan language".

Edited by Dark Ashelin

Posted

Description of the issue:
In the quest "Goods Delivery to the Eastern Gateway", the texts says "Ride the donkey next to lzauro..." when NPC's name actually is "Lzaro".
May also be the case for other localizations.

Screenshots:

pYj9WUx.png

kq4t1cg.png

Posted

When taking Strengthening Mushrooms quest.

Posted (edited)

i had the same issue. I found some quests with the same issue. 

Seafood Mushroom Salad ingredients: 1 Squid + 1 Fortune Teller Mushroom + 2 Dressing 
※ Dressing ingredients: 1 Egg + 1 Olive Oil + 2 Salt + 1 Mineral Water 
※ Other mushrooms can be substituted for Fortune Teller Mushroom. Other mollusks or crustaceans can be substituted for Squid. 
※ Cooking will succeed at a 100% rate if the number of ingredients is equal to or greater than the required amount, but if there are fewer ingredients, the cooking may either succeed or fail. 
※ You can get Mushrooms by farming Hypha in your garden or through Node Production. You can get Squid by Fishing in the sea. 
※ You can get Dressing by Cooking. ※
 You can substitute 2 Dried Fish of the same grade for the fish ingredient, i.e. you can use 2 Dried Squid instead of the Squid.

Dried Seafood x2, Mushrooms x3, Dressing x2

i placed 2 dried fish +1Frortune Teller Mushroom + 2 Dressing=Fail+Fail+fail

I went by the recipe of http://blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/03/all-recipes/ but the first time I did it with two regular dried fish (I thought, maybe I messed up typing numbers somewhere) and did 2x3 (not fortune) x2 and got a fail. I then tried a dried jellyfish + dried sandfish + 3 fortune + 2 dressing and it worked.

I then tried sandeel + 4 finger threadfin, 3 tiger mushroom, 2 dressing and the combo didn't work.

2 stacked dried sardines (since you can't separate same fish types) + 3 tiger + 2 dressing didn't work.

2 stacked dried amberjack + 3 ghost mushroom + 2 dressing didn't work.

2 amber, 3 emperor, 2 dressing didn't work.

I then tried 2 amber stacked AGAIN, then 3 fortune + 2 dressing, and it DIDN'T WORK.

roundtail paradise fish, mudskipper, 3 fortune, 2 dressing DID NOT WORK (I thought maybe the same kind of fish stacking was the issue so tried this)

2 stacked dried mudfish, 3 fortune, 2 dressing DID NOT WORK

This recipe seems to be particular with what you use, unlike others I have come across where the generic type works fine.

It needs to be clarified / fixed as the KNOWLEDGE itself says generic SEAFOOD, and MUSHROOM

Edited by ITPalg

Posted

power of swiftness quest

the description uses  1 wise man blood, and it is wrong >.< 50k gone away ~~

the right one is to use the legendary beast blood

Posted

First of many text reports. 

Can we change Amity to Reputation please?

then theres "Lizard Hide" obtained from WOLFS? ;P

b5f8ff48d7.png

Conversations as far as I understand.

Obtain a Maximum of 22 OR MORE... <-- THIS MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL..

should be Minimum of 22.. or more can be there but the minimum implies.

Posted

Wrong text/details Quest :Prepare Raft Materials

I have noticed that the NPC explains you need 10 logs and 3 black stone powder to craft a Raft. 
But you actually need 25 logs and 3 black stone powder.

What server are you on?
Jordine
Character Name
HyperionCore
Family Name
Universe7
Category
Quest
Reproducibility
3 in 3 times
Steps to Reproduce
Open quest list, open Prepare Materials for Raft/ check details. Check how many materials you need for Raft.

2016-03-12_203014148.JPG

Posted

I went by the recipe of http://blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/03/all-recipes/ but the first time I did it with two regular dried fish (I thought, maybe I messed up typing numbers somewhere) and did 2x3 (not fortune) x2 and got a fail. I then tried a dried jellyfish + dried sandfish + 3 fortune + 2 dressing and it worked.

I then tried sandeel + 4 finger threadfin, 3 tiger mushroom, 2 dressing and the combo didn't work.

2 stacked dried sardines (since you can't separate same fish types) + 3 tiger + 2 dressing didn't work.

2 stacked dried amberjack + 3 ghost mushroom + 2 dressing didn't work.

2 amber, 3 emperor, 2 dressing didn't work.

I then tried 2 amber stacked AGAIN, then 3 fortune + 2 dressing, and it DIDN'T WORK.

roundtail paradise fish, mudskipper, 3 fortune, 2 dressing DID NOT WORK (I thought maybe the same kind of fish stacking was the issue so tried this)

2 stacked dried mudfish, 3 fortune, 2 dressing DID NOT WORK

This recipe seems to be particular with what you use, unlike others I have come across where the generic type works fine.

It needs to be clarified / fixed as the KNOWLEDGE itself says generic SEAFOOD, and MUSHROOM

The problem here is actually that Seafood is different from Fish (you need to mouse over and check - amberjack/sardine etc. is Fish, Jellyfish/Octopus etc. is Seafood so that a recipe wanting Fish will fail with a Seafood item and vice versa), but the description, as quoted earlier in this thread says:

"You can substitute 2 Dried Fish of the same grade for the fish ingredient, i.e. you can use 2 Dried Squid instead of the Squid."

Which makes it sound like it's all fish, where it should actually say that you can substitute 2 Dried Seafood of the same grade for the Seafood ingredient, so people can maybe see that it's a different thing from Fish.

I would also like to add on to the diverse Fish Quest issues. I have had only 3 or 4 fishing quests that actually ask for the item that is required, but most have already been listed or I no longer have them to give details, but:

In addition to the ones I've seen listed here already, I would like to add the "A Tough Challenge" Quest from Purio: He asks for 2 Swellfish, but wants 2 Angler (you can see the text on the turn in button doesn't match the requirement text next to the button, as with the other quests):

fishing_quest_bug.thumb.JPG.90fa71fe9439

and the "Catch the Angler!" Quest from Erio, which asks for an Angler, as the title would suggest, but actually requires a Gunnel:

fishing_quest_bug_2.thumb.JPG.936a1c7cb9

I believe "Swordfish, Gourmet's Choice" which asks for a Swordfish (see quest title) but actually requires a different fish (Gold thread, I think?) has already been mentioned, as have most of the other fishing quests I have run into that have different requirements than the quest text indicates. And the tool production quests which ask for the wrong items have also been listed, so I've just "liked" those posts rather than go into it all in detail again here.

I fear a complete check of all the fishing quests will probably be required to address this issue, as it is the vast majority of fishing quests and not just one or two... I cannot say how widespread the issue is on tool crafting quests, as I have only done a few.

Posted

In the horse gear workshop the "Combat Hide Stirrups"  is called a "Combat hide Saddle" in the level 2 area of the workshop.

Posted

Description of issue: Found this nice little text mishap while editing the settings in game. The description for the checkbox highlight guild members has a misspelling. 

2016-03-14_31443047.JPG

Posted

Laying down in a bed text notification for energy:

"Energy has been recovered"

This should read:

"Energy is being recovered"

"has been" indicates energy is already recovered in the past.

Posted

Description of the issue: Description for the quest "Urgent Food Needed" refers to Fredelles as a she but he's a he.
Screenshot:
2016-03-15_22235282.thumb.jpg.a87e0d3470

Posted (edited)

d72Miut.png

Why is every word capitalized (on both text and quest?

Why is there no . or ! at the end of text?

jMI5fuj.png

More Herbs! quest.

Edited by CruleD

Posted

Issue with texts when messaging other players via 1:1 chat, some letters will be missing. 

Example: Hey h w are yu ? 

I'll be missing some letters even though I've typed them in and it shows in the text box as how I typed it.

Posted

Same things being named differently.

Would be real nice if that is corrected. Eg : items say they give "Endurance" while character sheet says "Stamina".

Posted

There's a lot of issues with fishing quests in and around Velia. Especially Crio's quests. The questtext will tell you to go and catch one type of fish, but you actually have to catch something completely different. I've noticed a bunch of these, but only started writing them down recently, so more might follow;

1. Given by Crio in Velia, "Can't remember quest name", Quest tells you to catch Scorpion Fish, what you actually have to catch is Sardine.

2. Given by Crio in Velia, "Round Head", Quest tells you to catch Octopus, what you actually have to catch is Tapertail Anchovy.

Could you either change the quest text to match the actual fish needed, or the other way 'round and change the fish needed for the quest?

Posted

There's a lot of issues with fishing quests in and around Velia. Especially Crio's quests. The questtext will tell you to go and catch one type of fish, but you actually have to catch something completely different. I've noticed a bunch of these, but only started writing them down recently, so more might follow;

1. Given by Crio in Velia, "Can't remember quest name", Quest tells you to catch Scorpion Fish, what you actually have to catch is Sardine.

2. Given by Crio in Velia, "Round Head", Quest tells you to catch Octopus, what you actually have to catch is Tapertail Anchovy.

Could you either change the quest text to match the actual fish needed, or the other way 'round and change the fish needed for the quest?

To add on to this, Crio has a Beginning Fishing Quest named "Crio and Starfish". It's not actually a Starfish he is asking for, but a Sandfish. Even though it says starfish