• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Am i the only one?

44 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Am i the only one who thinks the necks of most female sorceress are way too large/thick/wide or the heads are slightly too small? Seriously, when i tried the KR version (not even too long ago) there were 3 sliders for the neck, one of them doesn't do anything, one is to move your neck forward/back and the other to make it longer/taller or shorter. Lol... And as far as the head goes, there's no way to make your entire head bigger / smaller to do any sort of proportionality...
I'm attaching a picture so you guys can see what i'm talking about and I don't think this is a sorceress restrict thing tho, i've seen many different characters with very thick necks :S

Or would it be the heads being too small and creating the neck faulty illusion? I'm still unsure. lol

10998bd756c3773120e7a3b139ca78df.png

Edited by acemaya
Update
1 person likes this

Posted

Is it just for that class? Or have you noticed this for all females. 

Posted

Is it just for that class? Or have you noticed this for all females. 

Tbh i'm not sure, i didn't create many characters, but i made i think a valkyrie and a sorceress, and both gave me this feeling... Either the head or the neck is at fault here when it comes to proportionality , and now i'm not even sure anymore which one is wrong, head or neck x.x

Posted (edited)

It's hard to find good angled pictures on google, i also have a bunch of screenshots from my own character from angles that make the neck look somewhat normal, but yeah, so far i've seen 3 in which you can see the neck in a decent enough angle to judge it's width

These 3 are not as horrible as mine but still pretty thick for a female body... Again, either that or the head too small, i can't tell anymore o.O

ed23ca4096b85789241fabf9c5558381.png

7d58eadc508ba629831a08b78ac51070.jpg

Black-desert-edition.jpg

Edited by acemaya
one more pic to add

Posted

looking at your first screen shot I'd say the neck is to thick, seeing how her medallion clips through it

Posted

Sadly, Their necks are suppose to be like that. I wish they added more options around that area of customization (Necks). Especially for the female classes. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

looking at your first screen shot I'd say the neck is to thick, seeing how her medallion clips through it

Yeah but it could be that i accidentally pushed the neck a bit forward without realising it tho which i think its the case.. Because it's not like i could have changed the neck thickness, which is the whole point of this thread lol

-----------------------------------

Why on earth we can make it taller/shorter, push it forward/backwards but not adjust the width tho? Isn't that weird? It's not like we have a way to make the head look proportionally bigger, so it would be easier to fix the neck for this...

Here's also a pic of my valkyrie below... I think her head looks a bit small or her neck too big, too.

13541159a37e75b69d67d37096aa25ec.png

Black-desert-edition.jpg

Edited by acemaya
1 person likes this

Posted

all in all I like the look of your sorceress, 9 more days till CBT1 then I can see I if my ranger has it too

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I think the problem is the head is a little too small for the body.  If you removed her head, the body would look in correct proportion including the neck.  Her head just needs to be...maybe 15% bigger and it wouldn't look as strange.

That said, all the images you have linked at of the Sorc.  In looking at the Ranger and Tamer, I see far more proportionate necks/bodies.

Edited by Kyrielle_Atrinati
2 people like this

Posted

I think the problem is the head is a little too small for the body.  If you removed her head, the body would look in correct proportion including the neck.  Her head just needs to be...maybe 15% bigger and it wouldn't look as strange.

That said, all the images you have linked at of the Sorc.  In looking at the Ranger and Tamer, I see far more proportionate necks/bodies.

Right? I was looking thru google at several female classes as well now, and it seems like the sorceress has the biggest problem here. I've seen it slightly on rangers and valkyrie, but not as bad...

Man, would be kinda nice if they could do some improvement on this matter :|

Posted

Something I have seem is that it is not the neck being to small is a lot of the pictures and stuff I see is of the heads being to small for the size of the body. It is like they make such a pretty face and body but do not realize the head is a bit to small.

Posted

My sorc also seems to suffer from "fat neck" lol, it's not really noticeable depending on outfit/hairstyle but it is on the larger side. That being said though a lot of the sorceress models show a rather larger full-figured woman and it works well in proportion with the body-type. 

2015-11-03_0956.png.e1ff15014f5fc14cd6ba6121f6d605b9.png

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Right? I was looking thru google at several female classes as well now, and it seems like the sorceress has the biggest problem here. I've seen it slightly on rangers and valkyrie, but not as bad...

Man, would be kinda nice if they could do some improvement on this matter :|

I forget, can you adjust head size?  Seems like you can adjust damn near everything else on the body.

Oh, another thing I'd like to see tested is body height.  If we're seeing very tall Sorcs, then the head might not scale... I wonder if it looks more proportionate with a smaller body.

Edited by Kyrielle_Atrinati
1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah but it could be that i accidentally pushed the neck a bit forward without realising it tho which i think its the case.. Because it's not like i could have changed the neck thickness, which is the whole point of this thread lol

-----------------------------------

Why on earth we can make it taller/shorter, push it forward/backwards but not adjust the width tho? Isn't that weird? It's not like we have a way to make the head look proportionally bigger, so it would be easier to fix the neck for this...

Here's also a pic of my valkyrie below... I think her head looks a bit small or her neck too big, too.

13541159a37e75b69d67d37096aa25ec.png

The neck seems to be proportionate to the body. I think the head is what needs resizing.

1 person likes this

Posted

I forget, can you adjust head size?  Seems like you can adjust damn near everything else on the body.

Oh, another thing I'd like to see tested is body height.  If we're seeing very tall Sorcs, then the head might not scale... I wonder if it looks more proportionate with a smaller body.

I also cant remember either but I would love a answer on adjusting head size if you can do that or not.

Posted (edited)

oops

Edited by Jether

Posted

Neck thickness, never thought I'd hear that being an issue. Thickneck. 

Posted

From what people have told me here, on the forums; you can not adjust head size. I've asked this question before as well. Like others have mentioned, I've felt the heads are too small, too. I really hope they can tack a "head size adjuster" thing in there for release. 

Posted (edited)

Kinda...proportional to real like isn't it? Is that a horrible, terrible problem? Then again since you can make some real monsters I guess it's a little weird that you can't fix the next to be a toothpick you you wanted.

looked fine to me. :T

acea.jpg.51b7cdd909ebc752706d2336803c976

Edited by JustFiyen

Posted (edited)

Kinda...proportional to real like isn't it? Is that a horrible, terrible problem? Then again since you can make some real monsters I guess it's a little weird that you can't fix the next to be a toothpick you you wanted.

looked fine to me. :T

acea.jpg.51b7cdd909ebc752706d2336803c976

Angles change everything tho, i have a bunch of pictures of my sorceress in which her neck looks pretty normal... But then you go look at the picture on my first post and yeah.... lol
Here's one for instance...

581202f665eb9e9539b06714aaab6053.png

for christ sake it keeps attaching that stupid picture i posted earlier saying "black desert edition", in every post i make with a pic now.... i can't delete it O.oO.o

Black-desert-edition.jpg

Edited by acemaya
wtf pictures

Posted (edited)

Nop.

You can try and make the cheeks and jaw a bit larger i guess, but that would affect the whole face look in the end, from what you wanted your char to originally look like... 

That's also a good point, checking if the height would change anything when it comes to head proportionality... But then again, what matters the most in that, i believe are the shoulders / neck size so ... meh, not sure.
Although i'm pretty sure my sorceress wasn't very tall, i have a tendency of making my chars in mmo's somewhat short so idk..

Black-desert-edition.jpg

581202f665eb9e9539b06714aaab6053.png

Edited by acemaya
trying to remove unnecessary pictures

Posted

Wtf, lol. Do you guys see my last 2 posts each with 2 pictures or it's just me and my browser cookies/cache F'ing me up? Seems like i can't edit a post now without it putting pics automatically in it and not letting me delete them...

Posted

The neck size to head size is pretty correct, you might feel that it is slightly off given the characters uncanny valley effect. The neck might look slightly larger if you photograph your character from a lower angle as well as if your character is not craning their neck up and out (which is what you see in a vast majority of photos to achieve the look of a smaller neck). Realistically you might see the neck curve slightly inward as the sternocleidomastoid travels down from your ear to the clavicle giving it a rounded appearance (you can see it in the screenshots you provided, look for the triangle curving down towards the middle of the body). It also depends on the person. If you're petite or malnourished your neck might be smaller and have more pronounced clavicle + muscles. 

7a3d90bd7b0cad9693a16b45b31bd2a6.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

Wtf, lol. Do you guys see my last 2 posts each with 2 pictures or it's just me and my browser cookies/cache F'ing me up? Seems like i can't edit a post now without it putting pics automatically in it and not letting me delete them...

I've had this problem too. What worked for me was totally closing out of my browser and re-opening it.

Posted

The neck size to head size is pretty correct, you might feel that it is slightly off given the characters uncanny valley effect. The neck might look slightly larger if you photograph your character from a lower angle as well as if your character is not craning their neck up and out (which is what you see in a vast majority of photos to achieve the look of a smaller neck). Realistically you might see the neck curve slightly inward as the sternocleidomastoid travels down from your ear to the clavicle giving it a rounded appearance (you can see it in the screenshots you provided, look for the triangle curving down towards the middle of the body). It also depends on the person. If you're petite or malnourished your neck might be smaller and have more pronounced clavicle + muscles. 

Yeah i understand that, and i do start to realise the neck is not the actual problem here, i believe it was a wrong perception of it at the start and now i'm seeing it's more like the head.. And it's not like its a major thing, but, well i guess i am picky with detail, and i noticed it a lot on this class. So in conclusion i still feel like some of the heads are a bit too small and i'm guessing that's especially noticeable on sorceress for some reason, maybe it's the facial structure that comes by default or something (each class has different default faces/structures). 

You really don't feel like a lot of them look a little too small, even if it's not just in comparison to the neck but the rest of the body?