• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[POLL]Limiting channels or do not limit channels.

Limit channels vs not limiting channels   71 votes

1. 1. Do you want to limit channels, or do not limit channels ?

• Limit channels to where you can only switch channels if you group up with someone from another channel.
    • Keep it the same.
    • Make it so you can switch freely with no limits.
    • I do not care.
  2. 2. Bonus question or do you hate channels and want them all gone or not?

• Keep a channel system
    • Make it so there are no channels per server.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

To me the problem we should be talking about is channels not servers.(Mega server or no mega server.) If you can freely go to one channel to another it can limit the pvp. Even if there is not a lot of channels to pick from. I think what we should have is have it so the only way we can switch channels is if we join a friend that happens to be on another channel then us. This way depending on the channel you reside in it expands the pvp. This is because you can't hide just see a guild your at war with and just switch channels.  Also makes it so you can't just switch channels to kill the boss you want to kill. Instead it makes it so you will need to fight for said boss to take them down. So these things to me promote more open world pvp. Not a Mega server not Multiple Servers. It is all about the channel switching availability.

Thank you for your comments and contributing in this thread.

Edited by Helli

Posted (edited)

Channels = crap.

Add a poll option that just says channels suck.

Edited by COMI
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Channels = crap.

There you go.

What??  I'm confused...another poll from an IP blocked country I think...

What are you confused about? Since to me channel switching is the problem. Look at what people are talking about in the mega server vs multiple servers? People in the multiple server thread people have talked about channels. Sectioning off players either in a mega server or multiple server. 20 channels to 3 channels. A game example that has channels that is a mmo that you can switch from at your will is BnS.

Edited by Helli

Posted

Seriously I can not wait for the game to release JUST to stop all the polls.......They do not provide much feedback if they are done in a large scale on a day to day basic. If the game releases to the CBT up to April there will be servers with sub channels. This poll servers no purpose because its how PA designed the system. The only asked if we wanted megaserver or mulip. servers because the resources and time it will require to split and manage each server. Before you can get data people need to test theories. A lot of players support mulip servers til players leave and they are forced onto a low pop server and are faced with starting over with a new toon, pay normally a $25-$100 fee to move then tend to blame the devs for having to pay the fee.

Posted (edited)

Seriously I can not wait for the game to release JUST to stop all the polls.......They do not provide much feedback if they are done in a large scale on a day to day basic. If the game releases to the CBT up to April there will be servers with sub channels. This poll servers no purpose because its how PA designed the system. The only asked if we wanted megaserver or mulip. servers because the resources and time it will require to split and manage each server. Before you can get data people need to test theories. A lot of players support mulip servers til players leave and they are forced onto a low pop server and are faced with starting over with a new toon, pay normally a $25-$100 fee to move then tend to blame the devs for having to pay the fee.

They tell more on a large scale then a small scale. This is because if there is not enough options it can become very opinionated one way or the other. When you have more options for said poll it makes the poll more hitting what the community really cares about instead of limiting it just for your views. They also never said anything about the pvp/pve in general either. Though they are posts about that too. They also did talk about channels in said server threads. So even in the mega servers vs mulitple servers it seems people care about channel availability. So I made a poll/thread for it. There still will be polls as well unless it is removed by daum.  I will end with that is how you may feel about it but I do not clearly.

Thank you for contributing your post in my thread though.

Edited by Helli
errors

Posted

In the last 3 polls, 2 of 3 of the polls had more support for mega server with 5ish channels. The third had more support for multip. server with no channel. 

Posted

In the last 3 polls, 2 of 3 of the polls had more support for mega server with 5ish channels. The third had more support for multip. server with no channel. 

Nothing about channels exclusively though. Since daum will pick whatever the server count will be.(they are paying for it not the players.) An how much they will pay for the servers and so on. Only thing I am asking is limits for said channels if they were or are going to the channel root. (Which has no affect on the servers.) I think if they go the channel root he best option is what I suggested. Since even with 3 channels it will still have a affect if you can switch to channel 1 or 2 or 3 when ever you feel like it. It can limit the pvp. Since even with a less amount of channels with no limits people can hide in them.

Posted

That is how the system was in pre-mega server setup. There was 3 or 5 I forgot. 

Posted

Its definitely not going to cost $100 for character transfers. It`ll likely be $10-$15 dollars.

OT: I definitely want multiple servers with no channels. IF we have to have a mega server we should have a maximum amount of channels capped at 5.

Also if we go either route and there are multiple channels you should only be able to switch once every 30 minutes- an hour. So people can`t just hop all over the place.

Posted

Im pretty sure having no channel system is out of monetary reach for any mmo, even for different servers.

So I have to agree with limiting channel movement in some way (I dont know if yours is the best, because how would people get into other channels in the first place if they could only join on friends? 

My suggestion: If in a guild war, you are forced to be in a specific channel (random one picked for each war, so one channel isnt dedicated to wars only). So you cant run away from the fact that a war is happening between guilds... I am not sure if this is the best solution.

Posted (edited)

Im pretty sure having no channel system is out of monetary reach for any mmo, even for different servers.

So I have to agree with limiting channel movement in some way (I dont know if yours is the best, because how would people get into other channels in the first place if they could only join on friends? 

My suggestion: If in a guild war, you are forced to be in a specific channel (random one picked for each war, so one channel isnt dedicated to wars only). So you cant run away from the fact that a war is happening between guilds... I am not sure if this is the best solution.

Other games have done similar systems. You party with someone and then you load into a new channel that the person you partied with is in.(So it could force switch you to there channel.) Or they que up with you because there channel is full. Your channel idea is nice sure but it will not help open world pvp much. Since not everyone your a enemy with will be at war with you. 

Edited by Helli

Posted

Its definitely not going to cost $100 for character transfers. It`ll likely be $10-$15 dollars.

OT: I definitely want multiple servers with no channels. IF we have to have a mega server we should have a maximum amount of channels capped at 5.

Also if we go either route and there are multiple channels you should only be able to switch once every 30 minutes- an hour. So people can`t just hop all over the place.

Normally its $25 per character. Or a set price for a account is why I said $25-$100. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Normally its $25 per character. Or a set price for a account is why I said $25-$100. 

Ah I was not aware that you could move an entire account. Are those the prices for KR, JP or RU (keyboard is bugged, I can`t do question marks so just imagine it there). Because I would assume those prices would be toned down a bit for Western release, as most games usually cost $10-$15. Since these are numbers that people are used to seeing I think they`ll need to keep them at this price point. There would be a lot of complaints if they were that expensive (I actually would complain about it and I usually never complain about anything when it comes to pricing).

PS: Being able to move an entire account is the coolest thing ever. I hate that Blizzard wouldn`t allow it in WoW.

Edited by Smokinya

Posted (edited)

Sure I guess that is okay but I still do not feel your system does not limit enough. That is me. That is why I like the group system idea I have. Makes it so you can group with who you want no matter the channel. In a perfect world though I would want no channel. I say that because I do not know how the system is built in black desert. Depending on said system it can be harder to do with absolutely no channels.

Edited by Helli

Posted

No, on KR there is no transfers because its a mega server. Games like WoW, SWTOR, other games. You have to pay for transfers. 

Posted

Sure I guess that is okay but I still do not feel your system does not limit enough. That is me. That is why I like the group system idea I have. Makes it so you can group with who you want no matter the channel. In a perfect world though I would want no channel. I say that because I do not know how the system is built in black desert. Depending on said system it can be harder to do with absolutely no channels.

Yup I agree with your post (I voted for the group only change) but I imagine that some people would want to switch without grouping. Another thing they could do is only allow you to swap every 24 hours. That way if you want to escape someone you can and if they tried to follow you and ended up picking the wrong server they`d be hooped for the day. Also I agree with Prosche about guild wars. Players in a guild war should not be allowed to switch until their war is over or they should be moved to a different channel and be unable to swap.

Despite all these ideas I`d still prefer multiple servers with no channels at all though :P

No, on KR there is no transfers because its a mega server. Games like WoW, SWTOR, other games. You have to pay for transfers. 

Right I forgot KR had a Mega server.

Posted

Actualy, for BDO, you should be able to move freely around channel to meet / find other players.

Lock and split for life ppl between channel / server ( dont exactly know how its gonna be for BDO EU / NA ) is clearly not a good idea. ( like if your channel /server is too crowded it can be nice to move to another one, and in the opposite, if your channel / server is desert, better be able to switch to another one to find ppl...

Posted (edited)

Actualy, for BDO, you should be able to move freely around channel to meet / find other players.

Lock and split for life ppl between channel / server ( dont exactly know how its gonna be for BDO EU / NA ) is clearly not a good idea. ( like if your channel /server is too crowded it can be nice to move to another one, and in the opposite, if your channel / server is desert, better be able to switch to another one to find ppl...

Let me explain how channels work. If you speak in chat everyone in very channel can see it. The only thing channels do is make it so you cant interact with every single person on every single channel. As in no one on channel one can attack anyone on channel two. You also can not attack each others mobs. As in if you attack x mob on channel one the other person that is on channel two can't attack your mob on channel one. There will be a clone of said mob on channel two and so on. (Do you understand?) As for servers you can not interact with everyone on each server. Have you never played a mmo with channels? The way channel systems work is once one channel is full then the new people that log in are moved to the second channel and so on. Once channel one has room it starts over again. The only time normally people leave one channel for another is to avoid people.

Edited by Helli
errors I need sleep lol or coffee.

Posted

Channels = crap.

Can u please explain HOW? :(

Posted

Well this is weird. Having played the game I can tell you upfront grind spots are VERY limited. Places like cat fish support something like 7-8 players and there's almost always pvp. How are you gonna deal with that without channels? I'm gonna be modest and say AT LEAST a 100 players will try to share catfish, skulls and orcs at 50 and when trying to reach 50. (seeing as 37000+ have bought the game it is likely way more). You need channels to deal with this because otherwise it will be one continuous pvp on all lvl 50 grind zones.

No one will be able to stay there for more than a 1 before getting attacked. This turns pvp from a fun daily occurrence to an annoying every minute thing. Think of archeage weapon grinding spot... Now increase the amount of interested parties by 10. Too much of everything makes it suck. Hope CBT makes this clear when we all rush out the gate to kill the same goblins, foxes and wolves.

Posted

You need channels. If you think it is possible not to have channels you have not played this game much. 

Posted

They tell more on a large scale then a small scale. This is because if there is not enough options it can become very opinionated one way or the other. When you have more options for said poll it makes the poll more hitting what the community really cares about instead of limiting it just for your views. They also never said anything about the pvp/pve in general either. Though they are posts about that too. They also did talk about channels in said server threads. So even in the mega servers vs mulitple servers it seems people care about channel availability. So I made a poll/thread for it. There still will be polls as well unless it is removed by daum.  I will end with that is how you may feel about it but I do not clearly.

Thank you for contributing your post in my thread though.

Large scale results my ass, less than 100 people have responded to the poll. None of these polls are large scale resolutions or discussions, and they should never be thought to be anything other than immaterial.

1 person likes this

Posted

Can u please explain HOW? :(

Sure thing homie G slice!

First and foremost is the fact that this game is all about player interaction and pvp. This game already has a single player economy, let's add to that a ton of channels so you never have to be in conflict or interact with people over spots and what do you get? Vindictus. Yay what joy, that game was fun for like a few weeks...

But a more actual example would be a gvg. Say you have 2 mid sized guilds (let's say 40 players each). Usually there is about half of the people on at any time. You start a guild war and there are 20 channels with a 1 hour cool down in between switches. Statistically I'll run into 1 player in one channel and fight him, then have to wait an hour to continue the pvp. Realistically they wont be spread out evenly through channels, so I can cover a whole map and not find anybody then have to wait an hour to roll the dice again. I want to PVP not play hide and seek. Should there be channels? Sure but like 3 max. I want to fight for the best spots I want it to mean something. If you cant hold on to your spot you don't deserve it.

Posted

Sure thing homie G slice!

First and foremost is the fact that this game is all about player interaction and pvp. This game already has a single player economy, let's add to that a ton of channels so you never have to be in conflict or interact with people over spots and what do you get? Vindictus. Yay what joy, that game was fun for like a few weeks...

But a more actual example would be a gvg. Say you have 2 mid sized guilds (let's say 40 players each). Usually there is about half of the people on at any time. You start a guild war and there are 20 channels with a 1 hour cool down in between switches. Statistically I'll run into 1 player in one channel and fight him, then have to wait an hour to continue the pvp. Realistically they wont be spread out evenly through channels, so I can cover a whole map and not find anybody then have to wait an hour to roll the dice again. I want to PVP not play hide and seek. Should there be channels? Sure but like 3 max. I want to fight for the best spots I want it to mean something. If you cant hold on to your spot you don't deserve it.

Aaannnnddddddd /thread.

Posted

Large scale results my ass, less than 100 people have responded to the poll. None of these polls are large scale resolutions or discussions, and they should never be thought to be anything other than immaterial.

Did you read my comment? I was referring to the amount of options. Not saying the amount of people.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0