• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

NA Server Character Placement Issue

405 posts in this topic

Posted

Just delete the Serendia characters and refresh everyone's pre-order item claims.

That's literally all you have to do.  I don't want to lose 10 hours to salvage a level 14 character when I could level that much in a couple of hours.  It's counter-intuitive.  Just delete them so we can get our names back and let us reclaim our pre-order bonuses.  We'll be a little behind, but not as far as we'll be if they try to figure out a way to move an entire wave of misplaced characters.

4 people like this

Posted

We paid for advanced play and we're not getting our goods delivered.  What are our rights as consumers? 

2 people like this

Posted

The lack of communication is really astonishing. Not even any official announcements other than a CM post. On top of that, there are no responses to any of the questions in this thread. 

1 person likes this

Posted

What will happen to those who already used their coupons??

1 person likes this

Posted

Waiting on an update still, what do we do CM's, Devs, really anyone who should be taking responsibility here?

1 person likes this

Posted

When I talked about the size 72 spamming, I was talking about everyone, not only you. This thread is indeed made for people with complaints and issues, but if everyone starts spamming the same shit over and over again then it's better if this thread gets closed down. 
Like I said 5000 times already in this thread:  AFTER They fixed the problems, you can send a damn support ticket, asking for a compensation for the delay they caused. I never said that it's not a problem and that you guys should just deal with it. I said that I get the frustration, and just because I did not preorder the conquerors package, doesn't mean I don't think that it's sad for you guys. I've preorderd tons of MMO's in the past. Trust me I KNOW how annoying it can be when you face problems at launch when you paid for it.

All I'm saying is that I'm pretty sure that they understand the complaints, they are WORKING on it.

I do understand the meaning of Servers and channels, I misread it, sorry.

''Its funny you are talking smack about spamming this thread when you aren't even effected by the issue yet you are replying arguing with everyone in this thread''
I'm glad it's funny to you :) 

"You can put the virtual pitchforks down if you think that spamming size 72 letters is going to do anything."  - 2x "you's" lol. 

You replying to everyone who is upset isn't going to help anything either. If anything you are starting irrelevant arguments in the thread. 

3 people like this

Posted

seriously the fact that only 3 servers were downed is a selfish and uneven way of doing things as it only serves to alot those on unaffected servers/channels ti jump leaps and bounds above everyone else only serving to legitimize the well deserved frustration from all those affected like myself. i used my vacation days, spent 100 bucks, and slept in preparation of the launch only to enjoy 2 hours of play before "unfortunate circumstances" befell the channel. its almost certain they will only appologise w/o even a second thought to compensation to those affected for a mistake on their end not ours. And those unaffected or trying to play the "white knight" role and defending the company how bout u think twice from OUR perspective instead of your own selfish self serving ego pov and give us our credit that we are due for the current circumstances as we all (somewhat) have valid points and arguements to state that you have little right to object to as you yourself don't truly understand how we see things and feel as you are NOT us. Now can i get an AMEN for those who agree and want some form of eta. on channel up time? or will i be left hanging? :/

2 people like this

Posted

Also, I for one hope whoever made this mistake doesn't get fired for the errors made. Making mistakes is part of being human and you can be sure that promoting a workplace culture that allows for mistakes and encourages growth is a workplace culture that is healthier and more likely to promote loyalty and excellence in employees, paying dividends in the future for both the company and customers. Also, if the same stuff happens again they'll have someone well versed in the issue.

i shall send this poor soul a christmas card with the following > you suck i happily gave my money WHY did i not get the service i was promised

Posted

Just delete the Serendia characters and refresh everyone's pre-order item claims.

That's literally all you have to do.  I don't want to lose 10 hours to salvage a level 14 character when I could level that much in a couple of hours.  It's counter-intuitive.  Just delete them so we can get our names back and let us reclaim our pre-order bonuses.  We'll be a little behind, but not as far as we'll be if they try to figure out a way to move an entire wave of misplaced characters.

I don't entirely disagree with this - in the what, 3 hours since servers were taken down I could have easily gotten back the 20 levels I'd made. However, one thing I am concerned about is names I took for my alts. Since I wasn't "actually" on Orwen, the names I saved (minus my free reserve) weren't actually saved on Orwen, they were on Uno. So that means I may not have any of the names I wanted besides my one reserve.

Posted

What will happen to those who already used their coupons??

No one knows because so far this company is garbage

Posted

How in the hell did bringing down three channels make any god damn sense in a MMORPG launch. L m a o

Posted

Waiting on an update still, what do we do CM's, Devs, really anyone who should be taking responsibility here?

The lack of communication is really astonishing. Not even any official announcements other than a CM post. On top of that, there are no responses to any of the questions in this thread. 

I think this is the biggest issue. Just one of the CMs posting updates, even if they are just "We're looking into it don't worry," would go such a long way.

Posted

I can agree with this, so long as the preorder items are reset I have no issue starting from scratch

1 person likes this

Posted

OK, they still have to bug a developer to get an answer so the same applies.  Would you rather the CM's be bugging the Devs with 3000 questions instead of letting them focus on the problem and correcting it?

Well #4 is not a developer question so the CM's would be asking a different party, #3 is a ballpark which at this point should be the first thing communicated out of any competent worker, and #1 and #2 are rather important questions to be asked. Considering the job of the CM is to make it easy to go to the dev team leader and say "Hey these are the important questions we keep getting asked." rather than the CM's handing the dev's 3000 questions, the CM's job is to take in all the questions and ask the dev team the most asked questions... Since they know what steps they are taking at this time to preserve player progress it is VERY likely they know the nature of how they are going to achieve that.

The CM's job is to answer those questions that keep getting asked, being stone silent over these repeated questions is raising questions of whether or not they're even doing anything to fix the problems.

Posted

Ruined my release experience. Wanting compensation. 

Posted

It's been hours without even a response.  This is unacceptable.

Clearly by now the CM would have seen the main questions we have but we have yet to see even any acknowledgement of them.  

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

There is currently an issue with the NA Servers where characters are not being placed on the proper servers when they are created, this is also preventing you from changing channels.  This issue has our full attention, including support from Pearl Abyss.  We are evaluating the issue to find the best solution without touching the progress you have made so far. No matter what the outcome is, we assure you we will resolve this as soon as possible. 

Please keep discussions to this thread so we can track the issue, and we will update you immediately once we have an update to share.

Please maintain a proper level of respect between each-other.

Do we have to maintain proper level of respect to your failure as a company as well?

Posted

I dont know what to do at this point :(

Will the progress i make on my character on orwen be moved back to edan when they fix there shit or am i wasting my time.

Posted

only thing that can really compensate for this is a +100% exp boost that will last the duration that the down time has been and it has to be usable at a time of our choosing.

1 person likes this

Posted

The CM's probably can't give you an update, when something breaks like this in IT giving a time frame is little more then lying. You can time frame scheduled maintenance. but this isnt maintenance this is fixing a break.. When something like this breaks and effects production you are just working to fix the problem and actively searching for a solution.

We might get a "we should be up soon" from them when they find the problem and actually know what to work to fix.

Posted

Jouaka is the only one left at the office. He's asking himself, "is it the blue wire or the red?"

2 people like this

Posted

"You can put the virtual pitchforks down if you think that spamming size 72 letters is going to do anything."  - 2x "you's" lol. 

You replying to everyone who is upset isn't going to help anything either. If anything you are starting irrelevant arguments in the thread. 

Replying to everyone? I think I only replied to you twice, and one in general x). With you I meant everyone, note the plural pitchforkS. Oh well, English was never my strongest forte I suppose. 

I think my posts weren't irrelevant. I think this discussion you and I having however, is pretty irrelevant. You can check my profile and read the previous posts I posted here. I'm not replying to people who are angry (Excluding you I suppose) , I just told them to read the announcements, and to stop spamming the thread like little children who missed their midday nap. 

If you don't mind this is the last time I'm replying to you, like I already told you three times, it's frustrating and I hope it gets resolved quickly. Your idea of taking the server down is in fact not a bad plan since there are many problems bubbling up. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This isn't cool... we paid alot of money for this "headstart" and all that anyone has got on Serendia 1 has been SET BACK, to the point where you wont even be to compete. Why is it that Serendia 1 players are literally getting PUNISHED, while every other is allowed to compete and put one channel behind? This is a joke.  Sure maybe taking down all servers is a little much but as far as compensation at least give people like 200% exp boost that falls off at level 50.

Edited by Sinistartko
2 people like this

Posted

Maybe if we had a MEGA-SERVER... we wouldn't have this issue would we? Oh well.

Honestly I'm thinking this might be true, also might be the best solution is to rekajigger it into one server. 

Posted (edited)

@All Players worried about their conquerors packs. On the website below it was posted that they froze the item packs and closed claiming the items when they realized issues were starting to pop up.

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Yeah.. funny thing about that...That post was an hour BEFORE I tried to claim my pet and then logged in to find my characters moved to a different server. The process was NOT locked.

Edited by Darlgon