• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Blader Request

Do you want Blader to be put in game before launch?   138 votes

1. 1. Do you want Blader to be put in game before launch?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

62 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey guys I am new here to the forums as will be apparent by the very few posts for sure. Either way after seeing the change in the launch classes to add in the Tamer class I wanted to see if one we could gather enough support to potentially get the Developers to put in the blader or two get some better information about when it may come out. I personally extremely excited to play the blader and any of the classes will just be used to get my gear ready for when the blader class comes out. So anyways I just wanna see if we can get a bunch of community support for it I think it would be fun either way! I hope everyone is pumped for CBT 1 and hope to see some of you in game.

Edited by Deacon
Trying to figure out how to get the poll tag and finally got it forum nub ftl.

Posted

You can try that class easily in the RU version already, they just added it :) 

Me personally don't really care, I can wait - and would rather like to see the devs focus on other stuff then another class. We get most class releases at release then any other version so far! So we should be happy with what we got when it comes to the classes IMHO. But the devs defintely should focus on many other things such as PvP balancing for example!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I was surprised we got the tamer. But I would be surprised if they started adding even more classes at this point. As Primacy said we have more classes at launch than any version. Also they have lots of work to do and can't imagine they have unlimited time to get things ready for launch. Some things will have to come later. Even if people beg.

Edited by Luciferia
1 person likes this

Posted

You can try that class easily in the RU version already, they just added it :) 

Me personally don't really care, I can wait - and would rather like to see the devs focus on other stuff then another class. We get most class releases at release then any other version so far! So we should be happy with what we got when it comes to the classes IMHO. But the devs defintely should focus on many other things such as PvP balancing for example!

I actually am currently just starting to try out the class in RU and I agree I want the devs to put all the time in necessary for the other aspects of the game to be nicely balanced. My main concern is all the preorder stuff that may be restricted to a single character as I am currently leaning to having the blader be my main class. I also wouldn't mind the release being with the current class line up at all thats why I posted a two parter of hoping to maybe get an idea how long the wait may be. I am fairly new to the game also been watching videos and reading all I can while playing in RU whne I have time so no clue how long it takes to add in the classes historically at least. Either way I am super excited for the game to come out.

Posted

I WANT TO BE A SAMURAI

2 people like this

Posted

I was surprised we got the tamer. But I would be surprised if they started adding even more classes at this point. As Primacy said we have more classes at launch any any version. Also they have lots of work to do and can't imagine they have unlimited time to get things ready for launch. Some things will have to come later. Even if people beg.

To true I was super surprised if all this poll and post does is recieve a rough outline of potential class releases I would be more then pumped if nothing comes from it and all I get to see is how many people want the blader then thats plenty fine for me :).

Posted

NO for more class on start.

Posted

Daum and Pearl Abyss aren't the largest of companies, so it takes them time to implement changes. I'm sure they are split into teams for specific projects, so a bunch of things are being worked on at once, but sometimes they need to be pulled from for extra help. The end result is something that may seem simple to implement now takes a lot longer because its staff is helping to work on a more difficult project. I have a feeling this is the way of things with release classes and class counterparts. The awakening system seems to be front and center right now, so they may be stalling other things to push that out faster.

As for my vote though, I'd love if blader made it out for launch as that is my KR main.

Posted (edited)

NO for more class on start.

What's the reasoning behind this? You don't want MORE content upon release?

EDIT: The way development works people who would get the Blader ready for launch aren't squashing bugs or designing mechanics (generally different departments handle this).

Edited by Satorias

Posted

To true I was super surprised if all this poll and post does is recieve a rough outline of potential class releases I would be more then pumped if nothing comes from it and all I get to see is how many people want the blader then thats plenty fine for me :).

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Polls and forum posts here are meant for the discussions of opinions, thoughts, and ideas on innovation. The development of the game, or any other isn't going to change solely on a poll or thread in a forum 8 days from a CBT. O_O stahp. The classes on release are set as they are and more than likely won't change. 

Posted

Daum and Pearl Abyss aren't the largest of companies, so it takes them time to implement changes. I'm sure they are split into teams for specific projects, so a bunch of things are being worked on at once, but sometimes they need to be pulled from for extra help. The end result is something that may seem simple to implement now takes a lot longer because its staff is helping to work on a more difficult project. I have a feeling this is the way of things with release classes and class counterparts. The awakening system seems to be front and center right now, so they may be stalling other things to push that out faster.

As for my vote though, I'd love if blader made it out for launch as that is my KR main.

Very very true statement. My question for you beings your main in KR is a blader is how do you like it? I am very new to the game and if the game launches as it currently stands on classes which class would you recommend I start with to be able to transfer as much armor and play style over to the blader I will eventually make?

Posted (edited)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Polls and forum posts here are meant for the discussions of opinions, thoughts, and ideas on innovation. The development of the game, or any other isn't going to change solely on a poll or thread in a forum 8 days from a CBT. O_O stahp. The classes on release are set as they are and more than likely won't change. 

I agree and this poll and forum post is for opinions as I stated this isn't an attempt to get the blader into the game I stated I just want to see what the interest is and see what happens. In response to the "The classes on release are set as they are and more than likely won't change." they literally just did a few days ago and due to release being potentially 4-5 months away you never know what might happen.

I also did say for launch not betas just to point out.

Edited by Deacon
1 person likes this

Posted

Not to de rail your thread  but I am so glad that my 2 choices are available at launch the Tamer and The Valkyrie can't wait to get in there and enjoying these classes.

Posted

Release is set for Q1 2016. Meaning Between the months of Jan, Feb, and March. That's how quarters work. So release is at best, 3-4 months away.

Posted

I WANT TO BE A SAMURAI

This guy gets it.

Posted

Not to de rail your thread  but I am so glad that my 2 choices are available at launch the Tamer and The Valkyrie can't wait to get in there and enjoying these classes.

No derailling done :) the amount of classes available are awesome and glad you were able to get the two you wanted! I am excited to just play the game either way and really bored in class so responding to everyone almost :P. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree and this poll and forum post is for opinions as I stated this isn't an attempt to get the blader into the game I stated I just want to see what the interest is and see what happens. In response to the "The classes on release are set as they are and more than likely won't change." they literally just did a few days ago and due to release being potentially 4-5 months away you never know what might happen.

I also did say for launch not betas just to point out.

As well, the beta's mean a release ready build is in need of testing. That's the point of a beta. That's why I mentioned it. That means the build in development right now, is one they are going to spruce up and release. No drastic changes are going to take place. It's illogical. 

Posted

on the release thing I agree there never bothered to look exactly when Q1 ends March 31 for anyone else who never bothered to look it up so thanks for that tidbit of knowledge. 

Release is set for Q1 2016. Meaning Between the months of Jan, Feb, and March. That's how quarters work. So release is at best, 3-4 months away.

On the release thing I agree there never bothered to look exactly when Q1 ends March 31 for anyone else who never bothered to look it up so thanks for that tidbit of knowledge. I understand the point of betas but my point still stands that they just recently added a new class to the game to be tested if that would have never happened this poll/forum post would not have been made by myself at least. I would rather all the kinks and what not get worked out instead of the blader be rushed into the game but also as someone else somewhere above pointed out the ones doing classes are most likely in a different gorup lets call it and arent hammering out in game bugs outside of classes issues so who knows I just wanted to see what the community response was.

Posted (edited)

I voted no, because that means there's tons more work to be done, and right now I don't want a rushed release with balance issues. Stop these kinds of threads please. They don't help anything and just bring the trolls.

EDIT: The way development works people who would get the Blader ready for launch aren't squashing bugs or designing mechanics (generally different departments handle this).

People get pulled from different departments to work on other things all the time. Granted, you wouldn't call someone from the graphics department to start squashing login bugs, but there is definitely crossover once certain projects are completed. Companies don't normally say "Your job is done, we fixed all the login bugs, you're fired", they just re-task. Please do not speak of something if you, yourself don't live in that world. "I understand the struggle of those who live in 3rd world countries because I read about it on the internet".

Edited by Kuliya

Posted

I voted no, because that means there's tons more work to be done, and right now I don't want a rushed release with balance issues. Stop these kinds of threads please. They don't help anything and just bring the trolls.

People get pulled from different departments to work on other things all the time. Granted, you wouldn't call someone from the graphics department to start squashing login bugs, but there is definitely crossover once certain projects are completed. Companies don't normally say "Your job is done, we fixed all the login bugs, you're fired", they just re-task.

This be true on the work but there is a ton of work to do anyways and I am personally having fun responding to people so bring the trolls I guess the convenient thing about trolls is they are on the internet and we don't have to reply :) I would also like to point out most forum posts don't really help anything in my experience but my experience is fairly limited to Archeage and if anyone has played that and been on it's forums they may understand what I mean. Anyways thanks for the well thought out post!

Posted

On the release thing I agree there never bothered to look exactly when Q1 ends March 31 for anyone else who never bothered to look it up so thanks for that tidbit of knowledge. I understand the point of betas but my point still stands that they just recently added a new class to the game to be tested if that would have never happened this poll/forum post would not have been made by myself at least. I would rather all the kinks and what not get worked out instead of the blader be rushed into the game but also as someone else somewhere above pointed out the ones doing classes are most likely in a different gorup lets call it and arent hammering out in game bugs outside of classes issues so who knows I just wanted to see what the community response was.

Furthermore, we are happy to report that due to popular demand, the Tamer class will be available at launch and will be also playable during the Beta phase. This Beta will feature many improvements. Please head over to the PM diary entry on the forum for further details.

So, by popular demand something was added beforehand, thus making you think a poll in general discussion will bring about the same thing? Is that correct? 

Posted

So, by popular demand something was added beforehand, thus making you think a poll in general discussion will bring about the same thing? Is that correct? 

Nope not really just figured it would be an interesting discussion like you and I are having I mean if it happens that would be great but I am not expecting it to happen.

Posted

Voted Yes:P

I am assuming Blader will be include in game before launch. Blader is most popular class after Tamer.

Posted

What's the reasoning behind this? You don't want MORE content upon release?

I play on RU. After 2 month ppl start leave game and not becaus NO CLASS just lag etc. But after they put Blader SUPRISE ppl back to game and now more ppl play mass pvp. If Daum give all class on start this game die in 2-3 month before start close channel and merge server. Even RU don't get soo many class on start like EU/NA.

Better put new class and content 2-3 month. Game don't die so fast. Trust me, this game on END GAME is "little" boring if no ppl for mass pvp (yea, LAG kill RU, still ppl play but not so much like when game start... more play PvE).

Posted

what balance issues ?  They take the latest Numbers from the korean version and put them in before Release. Don't really think that they make they own numbers. Its a horrible dumb decision to hold some Classes back only for Visual reasons. The only thing daum eu/na do is Visual addings for Western market, Translation and change some numbers for requirment stuff like PVP level entry, Karma, Death penalties. Nothing else. All Numbers like damage output/Input are from the korean version.

And most of the cheerful crowed here in the forum need to be remembered that all other versions out there are for free. So you take what you get. But for us we need to buy the game. A half game in terms of classes for the full Price.