• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Energy dosen't restore while offline?

28 posts in this topic

Posted

I've logged out for 1 hour and got 0 energy back.. Don't tell me that we need to let our computer on all the time?

It's faster if we're in the game but it also restores when the game is off right?

Posted

I remember my energy being recharged to full after logging back in a day later (during cbt2), but i bought a travelers pack so can't confirm about what's happening on live.  I'd assume it hasn't changed.  

If you're only logging out for an hour, probably better to stay logged in and have your character lay in a bed (increases your energy regen).

Posted

hmmm that is odd. i was told we regen 1 point every 30 minutes while logged out.

and that we regen 1 point every 3 minutes while logged in playing the game (or even afk)

i am finding all of this afk mechanic stuff for a variety of things is a bit silly

Posted

But if you don't stay logged in how can the bean counters at corporate show off all the active play time the game is experiencing?! 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've logged out for 1 hour and got 0 energy back.. Don't tell me that we need to let our computer on all the time?

Yeppers.

• 1 energy every 3 minutes
  • 2 energy every 3 minutes if resting in a regular bed
  • 3 energy every 3 minutes if resting in a cash shop bed
  • 1 energy per hour if offline

The offline energy regeneration is pathetic and needs adjustment.

The energy system itself is built around funneling players to the cash shop to have to buy energy potions, but they decided not to have the cash shop energy potions in the NA/EU version. I am very thankful for that decision, but the energy regeneration needs to be adjusted to account for the change - especially since we have higher energy costs in NA/EU due to processing.

Offline regeneration should be 50% of online (and you should be able to log out in a bed for that bonus). Otherwise you have to leave your PC (and the game) running 24/7 so that you have energy. Which is ridiculous.

The energy system is something I have loathed in every MMO that has employed it.

Not to mention that it still costs us money, cash shop or not, due to the electricity bill we have to pay for having our PC on all night.

Edited by scau
10 people like this

Posted

That's pretty disappointing to hear that the regen rate offline is as bad as it is. Do we know if we have the client "minimized" as opposed to quit, does it still grant active energy regeneration? Might have to consider seeing if Teamviewer can work from work.

Posted

That's pretty disappointing to hear that the regen rate offline is as bad as it is. Do we know if we have the client "minimized" as opposed to quit, does it still grant active energy regeneration? Might have to consider seeing if Teamviewer can work from work.

You can minimize it but the client sound doesn't shut off.

The KR version fixed that in a patch, but I've not heard if the NA/EU version has implemented the patch fix yet. Eventually it will, but for now you may be muting your speakers.

Posted

You can minimize it but the client sound doesn't shut off.

The KR version fixed that in a patch, but I've not heard if the NA/EU version has implemented the patch fix yet. Eventually it will, but for now you may be muting your speakers.

Does it end up using less resources or not? Do you know?
Like currently my fans run on high to play... Can't imagine leaving it on 24/7 for energy

Posted

it should recharge offline

Posted (edited)

It'd be nice to be ecofriendly. Sure, I may not be paying Daum/PA for more energy, but I am paying the utilities for it.

edit: And Inb4 "Wow your computer wont even be like a 10 dollar dent on your bill"
My monthly electricity bills range from 30~70USD, and I've got 2 desktops set up for my boyfriend and I. Really feels wasteful leaving our towers on over night.

Edited by nini

Posted

Does it end up using less resources or not? Do you know?Like currently my fans run on high to play... Can't imagine leaving it on 24/7 for energy

Yeah I won't be leaving it on 24/7 either. I also use my PC for more than just gaming, so I can't have the game running 24/7.

I can't say for sure that it would use less resources minimized but my fans whip up when I run games too. When I alt+tab out or minimize the fans do slow down, so I would guess the same would happen in BDO's case.

Hopefully if you're in a bed you won't get auto-kicked for AFKing. With a cash shop bed you would get 60 energy every hour which (as I understand it) is plenty.

Posted

It'd be nice to be ecofriendly. Sure, I may not be paying Daum/PA for more energy, but I am paying the utilities for it.

edit: And Inb4 "Wow your computer wont even be like a 10 dollar dent on your bill"
My monthly electricity bills range from 30~70USD, and I've got 2 desktops set up for my boyfriend and I. Really feels wasteful leaving our towers on over night.

Yeah I won't be leaving it on 24/7 either. I also use my PC for more than just gaming, so I can't have the game running 24/7.

I can't say for sure that it would use less resources minimized but my fans whip up when I run games too. When I alt+tab out or minimize the fans do slow down, so I would guess the same would happen in BDO's case.

Hopefully if you're in a bed you won't get auto-kicked for AFKing. With a cash shop bed you would get 60 energy every hour which (as I understand it) is plenty.

Exactly why I never understood why MMORPGs nowadays love to have different online/offline energy regen rates... What's the benefit of having an extra 1000 players standing around not moving for 10-20 hours? =/

Posted

Yeppers.

• 1 energy every 3 minutes
  • 2 energy every 3 minutes if resting in a regular bed
  • 3 energy every 3 minutes if resting in a cash shop bed
  • 1 energy per hour if offline

The offline energy regeneration is pathetic and needs adjustment.

The energy system itself is built around funneling players to the cash shop to have to buy energy potions, but they decided not to have the cash shop energy potions in the NA/EU version. I am very thankful for that decision, but the energy regeneration needs to be adjusted to account for the change - especially since we have higher energy costs in NA/EU due to processing.

Offline regeneration should be 50% of online (and you should be able to log out in a bed for that bonus). Otherwise you have to leave your PC (and the game) running 24/7 so that you have energy. Which is ridiculous.

The energy system is something I have loathed in every MMO that has employed it.

Not to mention that it still costs us money, cash shop or not, due to the electricity bill we have to pay for having our PC on all night.

What is the justification of the energy system? You can't buy pots with cash. Why even have it at all. Slow down the hardcore to make it more competitive? It's just such a weird thing.

Posted

Exactly why I never understood why MMORPGs nowadays love to have different online/offline energy regen rates... What's the benefit of having an extra 1000 players standing around not moving for 10-20 hours? =/

"Look at all the online players, the world's so alive"

It also encourages people to buy nice outfits to AFK in and look good. Some vain behavior (that I dont exclude myself from, lets be honest) and so you have a lot of players afking in decent outfits, it makes non-dressed players feel like "wow look at all these ouftits, i must look like a noob without 'em"

And it also adds some of that immersion.

Posted (edited)

Did a quick test.

With Black Desert Running:

282e446214.jpg

With Black Desert "Minimized":

ce606490b5.jpg

Doesn't bother me as much since the card isn't working hard at that point. What I also like is that restoring is quick.. Yes, audio still plays, and in that second image, I still had a few others things running too.

Edited by Freyar
2 people like this

Posted

"Look at all the online players, the world's so alive"

It also encourages people to buy nice outfits to AFK in and look good. Some vain behavior (that I dont exclude myself from, lets be honest) and so you have a lot of players afking in decent outfits, it makes non-dressed players feel like "wow look at all these ouftits, i must look like a noob without 'em"

And it also adds some of that immersion.

That's some... Messed up logic... But maybe that outfit thing is correct.

I don't see how people standing still for 20 hours is immersion but okay~

Posted

That's some... Messed up logic... But maybe that outfit thing is correct.

I don't see how people standing still for 20 hours is immersion but okay~

Tons of compounding factors, but the trend is common in a majority of MMOs with no AFK timer, and some sort of customization

Posted

Just buy a house with a bed and lie down. Either while afk or to go eat or something. 

Posted

There is an "energy saving" option in the settings menu. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Lots and lots of the misc quests restore energy as well.

Posted (edited)

It's faster if we're in the game but it also restores when the game is off right?

hehe nocturne, is it just me or everytime you create a thread new thread you are complaining about something or having issues with something?  

Edited by Serious
1 person likes this

Posted

Protip :

Don't go offline.

Posted

It stems from Korean games. Most Korean gamers don't own their own computers, they play socially in PC bangs. (Net Cafes) So, this encourages them to go to the PCbang every day and not skip days so they get better energy. Some games also sell cash shop upgrades that give you/improve your offline energy regen. It's something I wish they'd consider changing as part of localization efforts, but oh well. Same reason we have time consuming "afk tasks" like fishing.

Posted (edited)

There was a post by cm_jouska, he said the reason we have the energy cap is basically because it's too easy to level up crafting otherwise.

Apparently he made it from Beginner to Master cooking in 3 days without the energy cap, so the reason it's there is to stop the rapid inflation.

Can still level from 1-50 in 2 days though, and grinding is more lucrative than professions anyway, so it sounds like a non-point, but there it is.

EDIT- Inb4 they add a limit of how many monsters you can kill a day.

Edited by Reth

Posted (edited)

For those who are having energy problems. I found out that creating ALTs help a lot. Not sure what there recover rate for your alts when playing on your main. I have 8 alts and its nice to be able to leveling nodes when you have 800 energy in bank in 3-4 days.

Edited by Shananyan