• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

List of Armor Sets

35 posts in this topic

Posted

BDOArmors06012015.png

Table by KashinnTL, Reddit

Questions: 

1. Which set works best for Each Class?

2. Is it appropriate to Mix Sets?

3. How do you obtain them? (Vendor? Quest? Drop?)

1 person likes this

Posted

Also, does anyone have screenshots for these armor sets?

Posted

Questions: 

1. That depends on what your focus for the game is.

2. Sometimes.

3. Quests, drops, crafting.

Also, does anyone have screenshots for these armor sets?

You can view how armors looks on the character creator.

Posted

anything from questing, drop, or crafting will be ugly so you'll be more willing to drop money on cosmetics

Posted

as for which set for which class it depends on what your doing. In pvp you can't go wrong with more hp ever, in pve damage boost will probably be the way to go so you can kill stuff faster.

Posted (edited)

as for which set for which class it depends on what your doing. In pvp you can't go wrong with more hp ever, in pve damage boost will probably be the way to go so you can kill stuff faster.

That's not how it works.

Edited by Catherine

Posted (edited)

• What is the rarity/quality colour scale for BDO? (from common to rare for example)
  • What are the differences between them?

Would love to get some info about it if someone is so kind

Edited by Umbra
getting used to the forum ;_;

Posted

Keep in mind that list is outdated. The armor sets that have 3 and 4 piece bonuses have been reduced to 2 and 3 piece bonuses. With the exception of the last set on that list, the blue boss armors. Also missing is the Rocca set which is the same as Neil Tree. Rocca has evasion instead of attack, and 75hp/75mp instead of 150hp.

• What is the rarity/quality colour scale for BDO? (from common to rare for example)
  • What are the differences between them?

Would love to get some info about it if someone is so kind

Rarity = White -> Green -> Blue -> Yellow 

There are no set rules and patterns really followed in Black Desert for gear. No one wears white gear. Green is the standard base gear you see everywhere. 

Green armor upgraded to Blue gains 2 damage reduction to a single dmg type. Yellow gains 5 defense and 2 dmg reduction to all dmg types. The typical approach is to enhance your armor to whatever level you feel is the end for you then change it from green to yellow if possible. This is because it's more expensive upgrading yellow gear and the bonuses are not large enough to justify the extra expense. 

6 people like this

Posted

@Ginrei, thank you for the information! it really helps

Would it be wise to level your gear to +20 before upgrading its quality to yellow?

Posted

I changed my Neil Trees to yellow at +18 because the time it will take me to reach +19 seems beyond my desire and play time. I imagine everyone will have a different threshold.

Posted

@Ginrei, I would like to like your comment (yes I know, it sounds redundant), but I wasted all my likes since I didn't know we were not allowed to give more than 10 per day xD

As I'm curious and you seem to know about it I would like to throw one more question about what you said to clarify my mind. Let's suppose that I'm rich in the game (which ofc I'm not lol) and I don't care about silver at all:

• Would it be better to first find a yellow armor that I like and upgrade it until I consider "the end"?
  • Or would it be better to make it the way you said?
  • Or maybe it's exactly the same?

I would like to know if there is a slight advantage in the different ways of doing it or if there is two different ways to get the exact same thing.

Posted

@Ginrei, I would like to like your comment (yes I know, it sounds redundant), but I wasted all my likes since I didn't know we were not allowed to give more than 10 per day xD

As I'm curious and you seem to know about it I would like to throw one more question about what you said to clarify my mind. Let's suppose that I'm rich in the game (which ofc I'm not lol) and I don't care about silver at all:

• Would it be better to first find a yellow armor that I like and upgrade it until I consider "the end"?
  • Or would it be better to make it the way you said?
  • Or maybe it's exactly the same?

I would like to know if there is a slight advantage in the different ways of doing it or if there is two different ways to get the exact same thing.

There's no yellow armors in the game; the blue Boss armor set is the highest.

Posted

the reason you upgrade a lower quality armor is because if enchanting fails, you lose durability and you would need an additional same armor piece to be sacrifice to repair the original armor pieces durability. 

Eg. Lower quality pieces tends to be cheaper making repairing after failed enchanting more cost efficient 

Posted (edited)

There is no reason not to save every penny you can in Black Desert. There are sooooo many ways to spend your silver it isn't funny. Assuming you're a normal player with limited funds you will need to manage that silver. Here's an example:

Lets say on your way to get +15 Neils armor you fail 100 enhancements. Every fail is 5 durability loss on the armor. So you need to repair 500 durability. One armor repairs 10 durability. So you need to use 50 armors. Neils armor is 150,000 on market. That's 7,500,000 silver for 50 armors. It's about 4.5m to guarantee green to yellow upgrade. So your armor cost 12m. One last point is that the largest part of the cost is at the end, so you'll get farther with less in the beginning.

Yellow armor is like 1m. But you can repair it with green armor. However, there is a 100k additional fee per repair for every rarity below. So instead of paying 150k to repair the armor it now costs 350k. So your repair bill comes to 22.5m. You may not have to pay the upgrade cost but you still lose out big time.

Edited by Ginrei
1 person likes this

Posted

There's no yellow armors in the game; the blue Boss armor set is the highest.

Unless you're in a region that doesn't have that option yet, this^ is untrue. 

But you did remind me of another armor piece. The boss set has an alternate breastplate. It has 200hp (and maybe 100mp, i don't remember) on it instead of the bonus listed. 

Posted

Thank for the information in regards to pricing example!

One question for those who know:

I heard neil tree set is the best set, is it something I should get for a berserk class (both pvp and pve)

Posted

picture doesnt work for me

Posted

Unless you're in a region that doesn't have that option yet, this^ is untrue. 

But you did remind me of another armor piece. The boss set has an alternate breastplate. It has 200hp (and maybe 100mp, i don't remember) on it instead of the bonus listed. 

It's part of the boss set too.

Posted

I heard neil tree set is the best set, is it something I should get for a berserk class (both pvp and pve)

Neil Tree is the most flexible set imo. It has attack and HP which you can use for both farming mobs or in PvP regardless of class choice. It also has 2 sockets on each piece which offers more flexibility and shines once you start throwing in crystals that cost 20m silver. Rocca set is the same and many players choose it for the evasion over attack. Rocca is probably less popular because when it came out no one really wanted to drop their current armor fully enhanced for a side grade more or less.

I think most players consider the boss set best but i avoid it because of the high cost. I chose to invest that money into other areas myself. Another possibility is to use boss gloves and 3 pieces from another set. It's cheaper and still offers the accuracy from the gloves.

I do like the variety of gear for different play styles. When i first started playing i used Talias because i loved the speed and extra jumping power it provided while i explored the world. I hate it now that ninjas get to double jump :P 

2 people like this

Posted

The example was really clear and wow, the price difference was huge between the 2 ways of obtaining the same armor. Thanks for the answers @Ginrei it really helps.

Also for those who knows, what are the 20m crystals? I mean, if each piece have 2 sockets and I have to waste 20m per slot it looks insanely expensive Oo

It seems like you need to waste tons of silver to be 100% optimal, doesn't it?

Posted

Questions: 

SO many of the people before me have answered most of what you asked. but i'll throw my 2 cents in aswell if you care.

1. any set can be used for any class, as i'm sure you're aware  but there really is no best set for each class. Niel trees or  purp set was widely used because of the att+hp. but in the end what really effects your pvp capabilities is, the gems you socket into your armour and weapons.  for example you can max out attspeed with having 2 gems 1 in weapon and 1 in gloves, also max is +5 for those who didn't know.

2. in some cases yes but the only case that comes to the top of my mind is to use 3 pieces of 1 set and the boots from talis for move speed on a ranger. or might of been hebe sorry it's been a while.

3. You obtain them in 3 ways that i know of. 1. daily tokens which you can trade at certain vendors for them. 2. Crafting. 3. most commonly least for me was getting them as drops.

but yea although armour is important. gems are were you're going to get most of your benefits from such as stun resistance in boots. att speed in weapon health + carry weight in chest ect. but yea only 3 sets i really ever saw used was talis, trees, and tart

Posted

Also for those who knows, what are the 20m crystals? I mean, if each piece have 2 sockets and I have to waste 20m per slot it looks insanely expensive Oo

It seems like you need to waste tons of silver to be 100% optimal, doesn't it?

Crystals are certainly an interesting part of Black Desert. Crystals can break when you die in PvE. I've died auto-pathing on my horse to various locations for different reasons. Obviously this is much worse if you're wearing expensive crystals. There are very suitable crystals for much cheaper costs. The really expansive ones don't appear until Valencia or can be obtained from the Crimson battlefield. You can trade in certain tokens for materials to craft them but i never got into that so i won't talk about it.

+5 damage weapon crystals are 1.5m compared to +5 dmg and +2 human dmg weapon crystals for 21m. To put this stuff into perspective highly enhanced accessories are the most expensive items costing around 3 billion for the ridiculously good ones. So to answer your last question, yes it costs ludicrous amounts of silver to become optimal. There are way too many places to spend silver in Black Desert.

1 person likes this

Posted

Updated link for the armor list.

dIkqccZ.png

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I take it the ones that say "green/blue tier max" under the item name cannot have it's color raised to either blue/yellow?

- Kat

*edit,

Also, Ginrei, did you change the name of Neil's to Grunil?  Is that an official name change?

**edit

Another thing, on the boss' Red Nose's Armor, one of the stats says "+HP Recover Increased".  Is this the same thing or different from "+HP Regen"?

***edit

More simple questions:

What does the Accuracy/Evasion on Enhancement mean exactly on the two boss equips?  Do you get said stats for placing something in the socket or both sockets or increasing the rarity of the equipment?

Some equipment have "+# Evasion" while others just say "Evasion Increased."  What is the difference between the two?  Do we not know how much the stats that don't have a specific number listed?

Edited by Blackkat

Posted (edited)

I take it the ones that say "green/blue tier max" under the item name cannot have it's color raised to either blue/yellow?

- Kat

Correct

Also, Ginrei, did you change the name of Neil's to Grunil?  Is that an official name change?

I did not create this list and i do not know who did. With the game being in other languages and player made patches i'm just going to wing it until i play NA/EU. Official is different for everyone.

Another thing, on the boss' Red Nose's Armor, one of the stats says "+HP Recover Increased".  Is this the same thing or different from "+HP Regen"?

I do not know how this works. I assume it does one of two things. It either adds a fixed number to your HP regen amount, or it shortens the time between regen ticks.

What does the Accuracy/Evasion on Enhancement mean exactly on the two boss equips?  Do you get said stats for placing something in the socket or both sockets or increasing the rarity of the equipment?

When you enhance your items level you gain bonuses to those stats. As you go from +1 to +15 the accuracy bonus increases. I don't have any numbers on the actual value.

Some equipment have "+# Evasion" while others just say "Evasion Increased."  What is the difference between the two?  Do we not know how much the stats that don't have a specific number listed?

I have no clue whether it is a translation issue or if it's just plain confusing and vague from Pearl Abyss.

Edited by Ginrei