• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

BnS player on fence, pls help

52 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So in Q3-Q4 of 2015, two major MMO launch dates got announced for the west. I had the chance to play BnS in the betas and the launch date was earlier than BDO so I chose BnS. It was a good game and combat is still very exciting but I'm pretty bored of it's lack of content. Everyday, I would log-in to do dailies(pve/arena) which takes quite some time to finish and then I'm pretty much done. I consider OW contents to be very important in MMO's but bns has none. No GvG's, no PK and the only OWpvp content they have, which is faction pvp, is completely dead and many people just trade kills to finish the "kill 8 enemy faction" daily quest. Everywhere you go, you will be met with loading screens and the emphasis on instances are strong in this game. Maps are super tiny and has a cap of about 50 on how many people can actually be in the same zone. I have never seen this in any MMO so far. Once the zone reaches the cap, that channel will lock itself from anymore people entering.  The game is very poorly optimized that even with it's super low graphics I get 10~20 fps with my 980ti in crowded areas. Now these have been my complaints about the game so far. If it wasn't bad enough already, bots and gold sellers serve as cherry on top. There are bots in grinding areas, bots farming end-game bosses, bots in arenas, etc. Every other versions of BnS is even more bot-fested so I don't see any hope for the west versions to do better. Gold sellers take over the region/faciton chats and they even whisper and mail you their ad.

I was going to make BnS my last MMO. I thought it was a good game but obviously I was very wrong. After my disappointment, I was just going to quit gaming for good but having watched a few BDO videos, I'm considering postponing my retirement. As my title says, I'm on the fence and I need you guys to help me decide if I should hop over or step back down. 

From what I saw, BDO was a big hype in Korea but over a period of time it became a flop due to management(greedy, carebear, noob-friendly, etc) and cash shop becoming p2w. I read a few Korean players reviews and they all say the game itself is fantastic and has huge potentials but PearlAbyss ruined a beautiful game. What is being done differently on the western versions that promises a different outcome from how this game ended up in Korea? What did you guys place your money on? I know the west has been going through good MMO drought for years now but are you guys currently on a hype-train hoping for a good game/management or are there already feasible evidence that this game will succeed in the west?

Edited by Fantality

Posted (edited)

I placed my money in my wallet.

But if you're on the fence and need convincing generally it's probably not worth purchasing anyway.

Judging by the current trend of MMOs there isn't much hope of seeing success on a large scale and considering we know what's to come with KR BDO and such it looks in my opinion mediocre at best.  

At the least you can hope to get a guest pass and see if it hooks you.

Edited by Phar

Posted

Well you're a Debbie Downer.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

well, if you wanna wait, I can send you a free 7day guest pass to try it out :)   I know the feel and also was a founder for BNS. I know your feel and I wanna help ya out. I quit BNS on day 17 when they announced the 2 month costume for daily spin. I mean, I was done by day 15 ya know.

Anyways offer stands!

Edited by Anrothan
fix stuff

Posted

I'd give it a shot, definitely worth the $30 with how much time and fun you'll get out of it. Daum has promised that NA/EU will not get any p2w in the cash shop, I know you can't always trust everything your hear but I'll hope they're true to their word cause this game is amazing.

Posted

So in Q3-Q4 of 2015, two major MMO launch dates got announced for the west. I had the chance to play BnS in the betas and the launch date was earlier than BDO so I chose BnS. It was a good game and combat is still very exciting but I'm pretty bored of it's lack of content. Everyday, I would log-in to do dailies(pve/arena) which takes quite some time to finish and then I'm pretty much done. I consider OW contents to be very important in MMO's but bns has none. No GvG's, no PK and the only OWpvp content they have, which is faction pvp, is completely dead and many people just trade kills to finish the "kill 8 enemy faction" daily quest. Everywhere you go, you will be met with loading screens and the emphasis on instances are strong in this game. Maps are super tiny and has a cap of about 50 on how many people can actually be in the same zone. I have never seen this in any MMO so far. Once the zone reaches the cap, that channel will lock itself from anymore people entering.  The game is very poorly optimized that even with it's super low graphics I get 10~20 fps with my 980ti in crowded areas. Now these have been my complaints about the game so far. If it wasn't bad enough already, bots and gold sellers serve as cherry on top. There are bots in grinding areas, bots farming end-game bosses, bots in arenas, etc. Every other versions of BnS is even more bot-fested so I don't see any hope for the west versions to do better. Gold sellers take over the region/faciton chats and they even whisper and mail you their ad.

I was going to make BnS my last MMO. I thought it was a good game but obviously I was very wrong. After my disappointment, I was just going to quit gaming for good but having watched a few BDO videos, I'm considering postponing my retirement. As my title says, I'm on the fence and I need you guys to help me decide if I should hop over or step back down. 

From what I saw, BDO was a big hype in Korea but over a period of time it became a flop due to management(greedy, carebear, noob-friendly, etc) and cash shop becoming p2w. I read a few Korean players reviews and they all say the game itself is fantastic and has huge potentials but PearlAbyss ruined a beautiful game. What is being done differently on the western versions that promises a different outcome from how this game ended up in Korea? What did you guys place your money on? I know the west has been going through good MMO drought for years now but are you guys currently on a hype-train hoping for a good game/management or are there already feasible evidence that this game will succeed in the west?

I played B&S i even paid for the $125 garbage edition. B&S is extremely shallow. BDO has so much depth, there are things in BDO i have never seen in another MMO and i have played the majority of MMO releases.

I dunno for $29 you can see how great it is, or maybe if you have a friend in the game already they can float you a guest pass ?

To me i do not regret my $99 i paid to get in the game, whereas i wish i had never paid for B&S.

Posted

If you like BnS and think good things about it, then BDO is trash.

If you think BnS is ok, but lacks something, BDO is a maybe

if you hated BnS and played AA, BDO is probably more your thing

BnS has tons of content, tons of 1v1, tons of esport following, and a lot more "30 minutes of fun" themepark like endgame, Raids, balanced PvP

Posted

BnS has tons of content, tons of 1v1, tons of esport following, and a lot more "30 minutes of fun" themepark like endgame, Raids, balanced PvP

Balanced PVP...Lol

Summoner says sup. 

Posted

I must disagree with you good sir. rcv8k6.jpg

Posted (edited)

bdo has a lot of non typical depth to it, a lot of non instanced pvp like arenas and declaration pvp etc while bns is a 6 year old port that failed in its entirety, bdo has a lot of promise with a team that APPEARED to have cared about our opinions but lately has dropped off the map in their entirety with their visibility and transparency, u can take that with a  grain of salt depending as it is release day but they're hurting their rep by continuing to not even say that they're working on xyz issue.

having played bns in both korean and our version of bns i pretty much agree with ur assesment of it, it was a flop in jut about every way possible failing to live up to even the tinier things which it boasted. for bdo in our versions karma system is much more lenient with owpvp and the cash shop appears to only have superficial benefits but u should take that as a grain of salt as well because i cant judge what u think p2w is or how allowing that little foot in the doorway, could affect us later on. as for tangible evidence for success here, we have what i would say is over 800k players with more joining by the day, if we manage to keep that number then i would consider bdo to be a success, but that as well u need to take with a grain of salt, many mmos go years with population in the 100k range but live for years with that active player base never leaving

honestly if u give up on the genre then you'll never see how it turns out for yourself, there's still 3 days till the brunt of the population joins the game, see how it goes before u choose if u want to take part or not and what's the worst in taking part? 30 bucks? a job at starbucks would pay that in 3 hours max.

url.jpg

K7m5xdF.gif

Edited by 2TheGrave
ignore the laughing gif, its a glitch when u edit a post.

Posted (edited)

Balanced PVP...Lol

Summoner says sup. 

You know smn is low teir right? Just because you don't have a counter for smn doesn't mean they're unbalanced.

If you think that's unfair, do not ever touch BDO pvp

Edited by Kuu

Posted

Do u want ur MMO to look good, play good and have good mechanics? Buy BDO.

Do you came here for story, stability, community? Yeah go somewhere else. 

Oh and I forgot the worst, cash shop in B2P game. Rofl. 

1 person likes this

Posted

You know smn is low teir right? Just because you don't have a counter for smn.

The large amount of other players would disagree with your balanced statement. 

Don't ever make assumptions of me based on nothing, bub. 

Posted

B&S is a joke, it takes the Massive out of MMO.

Posted

Assumption my rear. there's a reason why BnS is a esport. even if it's slightly neutered @45. A smn hasn't made it to the finals forever on the world stage.

BDO is a pvp unbalance to a very high degree. very high.

Posted

I got a guy that wants to buy my system for a very good price in the next day or two or else he will find another. That's why I need to decide if I'm gonna play BDO or sell my system. I don't care about the $30 and tbh I don't care about p2w because I don't mind paying to progress since I won't have that much time to play BDO with life starting to pick up right now. If I decide to play BDO, I need to commit so I want to know if it will be worth it. I would hate for it to end up being another BNS experience.

Posted (edited)

Assumption my rear. there's a reason why BnS is a esport. even if it's slightly neutered @45. A smn hasn't made it to the finals forever on the world stage.

BDO is a pvp unbalance to a very high degree. very high.

Huge esport in Korea. In fact that's all the game has going for it. Plenty of people have already given up over here. 

No one is claiming BDO is completely balanced because it's heavily gear based thanks to non equalized, safe haven arenas. 

I get you're a big fan of Bots and Soul but please turn down the fanboy meter a bit.

Edited by DarthAznable

Posted

I play BnS (I have 2 LVL 45's.. almost 3, they all have current available hongmoon secret techniques, and when Warlock is released I'll be leveling one of those as well).

With that said I absolutely love BDO also.  They are two COMPLETELY different MMOs.   BnS is more of a traditional MMO but with some unique features that set it a part from others.... BDO is wildly unique with so much more to do.  Sure there are other Sandbox MMOs but none of this caliber.  I think you should go for it.   Also the beginning of BDO is not bad, but it gets better.. and better...and better so far from my experiences both in CBT and Early Access (and even the Korean Beta I played... the game has gotten better since then but I had fun with BDO even back then and not knowing what the heck they were saying in the KR Beta lol).   

BDO has a lot more to "explore" than BnS... both have great although different combat.   I liked the BnS storyline and I enjoy the BDO one as well.   I think BDO music is awesome too.

TL;DR:  As someone who plays both, I recommend BDO for sure.

Posted (edited)

The thing is it gets nerfed in future updates that NA doesn't have. The same way awakening for BDO will balance some weaker classes, but we don't have it yet.

One thing I can say is at least in B&S people look different with the 50+ Sets of Costumes out there... Compared to everyone looking the same here.

Edited by Scout

Posted

You know smn is low teir right? Just because you don't have a counter for smn doesn't mean they're unbalanced.

summoner is actually very unbalanced in na right now. even more so with the latest patch than they were before. if hanjunho struggles against no-name na summoners as the best BM in the world then where is the balance in that? game is much more balanced in kr, yes. in na? not balanced at all and ncwest has acknowledged this and said their priority is not in balancing the game since that will come naturally with Lv50 content.

Posted

The thing is it gets nerfed in future updates that NA doesn't have. The same way awakening for BDO will balance some weaker classes, but we don't have it yet.

Awakening is only the first step. BDO has only now said it's doing ground work on pvp balance. It never really was a focus for BDO, everything revolved on GvG large scale pvp.

BnS pvp balance is a + just like BDO GvG is a +.

If people are going to trash on BnS balance, they're going to get a very rude awakening on BDO.

summoner is actually very unbalanced in na right now. even more so with the latest patch than they were before. if hanjunho struggles against no-name na summoners as the best BM in the world then where is the balance in that? game is much more balanced in kr, yes. in na? not balanced at all and ncwest has acknowledged this and said their priority is not in balancing the game since that will come naturally with Lv50 content.

You're talking about a pebble to a rock. Smn isn't even very high on ladders in NA/EU. If you whinningabout such a small difference, you'll howl on BDO.

BDO there's no semblance of balance, just "fighting chance".

BDO doesn't even take the 1st step of gear equalization as of yet (maybe soon? based on PM)

Posted

One thing I can say is at least in B&S people look different with the 50+ Sets of Costumes out there... Compared to everyone looking the same here.

Haha, no. Just play some lv 45 content. You will see the players using the same outfits over and over. You know what's the difference? Variety. There's a lot of cash shop items released there plus some farmable that are free. Black Desert just misses the last part as most of them looks the same but still, you will always see the same outfits if they aren't time limited.

Posted (edited)

Awakening is only the first step. BDO has only now said it's doing ground work on pvp balance. It never really was a focus for BDO, everything revolved on GvG large scale pvp.

BnS pvp balance is a + just like BDO GvG is a +.

If people are going to trash on BnS balance, they're going to get a very rude awakening on BDO.

listen bro. mmorpg stands for massively multiplayer online role playing game which bns is not. bns is more of a arena 3d fighting game. character balance is #1 priority in 1v1 fighting games but for real MMORPG's like bdo? not so much. nobody gives a crap about 1v1 in bdo, its all about "massively multiplayer" battles. not saying having balance is a bad thing. it's just not as much of an important factor in bdo as it is in a 1v1 arena focused esports game like bns.

Edited by Fantality

Posted

At least weapons are more varied than the armor in BDO. I'll give them that much. 

BnS does have awesome outfits though. Even if some are tied to faction (idiotic decision). It also benefits that costumes don't affect stats. 

Maybe future updates will add more in game stuff? I heard bosses can drop specialized gear for your class. 

Posted

listen bro. mmorpg stands for massively multiplayer online role playing game which bns is not. bns is more of a arena 3d fighting game. character balance is #1 priority in 1v1 fighting games but for real MMORPG's like bdo? not so much. nobody gives a crap about 1v1 in bdo, its all about "massively multiplayer" battles. not saying having balance is a bad thing. it's just not as much of an important factor in bdo as it is in a 1v1 arena focused esports game like bns.

So basically I'm still right, butt.... you don't want to admit it and start trashing the game itself.

If BnS pvp give you tears, you're going to need lots of napkins in BDO. Saying BDO is great, doesn't change those napkins on the desk. It's just how BDO is.