• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So if you enjoy PVE...

368 posts in this topic

Posted

Should a person simply avoid this game if they are a PVE player?  i only played the game for a bit in KR, got to level 20 and that time I enjoyed it, I loved the concept of the housing, open world environment/treasure hunting, and economy runs... not to mention the female Ninja and Valkyrie.  I don't know much, but I know there is a Karma system in place, however the PVP aspect seems to be up in the air atm.  Just would like to know, what can a person expect... is this going to be an open based where players can be PKed just for being there?  

Hopefully this can be simply answered and not get the "go play WoW" mentality that I have gotten recently for simply asking questions.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you dislike PvP then this game will not be for you.

Aww did I hurt your feelings? I simply stated the truth.

If you do not enjoy PvP then you will not be able to really enjoy this game. It is the pure unbiased truth.

EDIT: Unless you do not mind remaining as a low level and simply enjoying activities like fishing, exploring and RP.

Edited by Catherine
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you dislike PvP then this game will not be for you.

What if i dislike PvP, but I loved AA, is this game for me? . PS , youve got the cutest pic in the forums, i smile everytime i see ittumblr_inline_nw3arnuLRj1tnu4nf_500.gif

Edited by Iiqhtninq
4 people like this

Posted

What if i dislike PvP, but I loved AA, is this game for me? . PS , youve got the cutest pic in the forums, i smile everytime i see ittumblr_inline_nw3arnuLRj1tnu4nf_500.gif

Thank you!

And I wouldn't know about AA since I've never played it.

Posted (edited)

This game is not for you. 

We're already trying to make Daum understand that we want less negative karma penalties and a different flagging system so we can actually PVP more than we can right now. Not really sure what PK-ing you saw happening in Korea, no one does that there or very few do due to the huge consequences.

Edited by Ames
4 people like this

Posted

KR, I saw no PKing, what I did see was people PVPin in an area and then on streams was seeing some large guilds fighting each other on a regular basis... for the purpose of control.   That's my reference, and AA is a solid point since I did play that game and PVP and PVE coexisted.  I stayed out of PVP/War areas, the PVP peeps enjoyed their killing of each other... if I ever ventured I knew the consequences.

Off I go.

Posted

Well KR version isnt for anyone atm, no PVP and no PVE. Tho if you wanna make beatiful or ugly characters and dress em up, might be worth to try the game.

But if im not wrong, I think they have some plans to upgrade PVE for EU/NA version.

Posted

If the most recent KR update is any indication, they're definitely attempting to address the lack of PvE. Two group dungeons were added.

Posted

If you do buy this game and your not really good at 1 vs 1 pvp there's still g vs g pvp. I haven't played any version of this game yet but from the youtube videos I've seen It looks like you can get buy in g vs g without being a expert at pvp as long as your smart enough to stick with your group though I could be wrong

2 people like this

Posted

What if i dislike PvP, but I loved AA, is this game for me?

You can be my slave, I'll make you enjoy PvP... if you know what I mean.

Posted (edited)

Sigh...

Capture.JPG

Nothing more to say...

Edited by Dovaah
8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well in my opinion BDO is for everyone to try out and see if they like it or not , there is more to do then just pvp but at this moment endgame is about pvp,gvg and so on 

Pk can happen but to me pking someone lower level then me has no value , i want a challenge in pvp and i usualy wont even pk , mostly just defend myself or friends.

That said , Inissa they plan to add more pve content and i think altho i myself do like pvp but also pve and rp even , i think pve players would enjoy BDO aswell but it just depends on what you expectations are , there is alot to do if you like grinding tho but most ppl that play mmo do grind alot .

And yes darthaden is right there is always gvg , this is a big difrence to 1v1 , altho how current gear is set its still not a garantee to go good and even if the team you go with is skilled.

But if you really in doubt maby a friend of you has got a preorder pack and can give a 7 days key after launch (sorry idk if you bought the game already or not xD )and you can try out and see for yourself how the comunity is on the server you play in , tho there will always be ppl that like to pk just try to escape and avoid them if you really not wane pvp .

I am just saying its still a choice you make , noone has to tell you how to play this game, you play it like you wane play it , its just that simple.

Forcing someone is wrong , ofc when you join a guild you should consider what they want if they pvp mostly then that guild not really for you but if they accept pve/rp players that do there thing like for example craft/trade ect ye that might be good for you to join in the long run.

This is just my personal opinion about this

Bottem line : enjoy the game as you see fit :D

Edited by Devilscorpion
6 people like this

Posted

I don't ever see anyone pver telling pvpers that they shouldn't play the game if they don't want to pve.  

prob coz there  few pvper complaining about them having to do pve stuff comapred to the pvers complaining about being forced to pvp ?

1 person likes this

Posted

Well KR version isnt for anyone atm, no PVP and no PVE. Tho if you wanna make beatiful or ugly characters and dress em up, might be worth to try the game.

But if im not wrong, I think they have some plans to upgrade PVE for EU/NA version.

Do you think EU version will be like that for a while? I wouldn't like to play a game to dress up my character and take some shots just because it looks sweet and beautiful

Posted

Do you think EU version will be like that for a while? I wouldn't like to play a game to dress up my character and take some shots just because it looks sweet and beautiful

Even tho he's exxagerating if you never played the game you'll have plenty of stuff to do once EU releases,some of the changes are still in progress but even if they would keep things as they are right now on KR theres plenty of PvP (Sieges/GvG/CrimsonBattlefield/Arena) and some PvE until you are late into 56+ (and if they keep patching as patching happened on KR there's gonna be new content pretty much every month).

Posted

I am way more into pve than pvp.  However still would like to play the game just for the immersion in such a beautiful world.  However I need a toon that can hide, as I wouldn't count on my pvp skills to get me out of trouble.  Also the NA/EU pvpers are asking for a more  lenient karma system, so they can eat all that low hanging fruit to there hearts content.

The crafting and taming system look interesting, so I will dabble in that.  And I won't be expecting any instance content. So it will be interesting.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I am way more into pve than pvp.  However still would like to play the game just for the immersion in such a beautiful world.  However I need a toon that can hide, as I wouldn't count on my pvp skills to get me out of trouble.  Also the NA/EU pvpers are asking for a more  lenient karma system, so they can eat all that low hanging fruit to there hearts content.

The crafting and taming system look interesting, so I will dabble in that.  And I won't be expecting any instance content. So it will be interesting.

im sure you will enjoy this game.  do not let any fools discourage you from trying the game ,   

find out yourself wether you like it or not.    this game can appeal to everyone.  there are plenty of things you can do in black desert beside pvp.   and the devs are working onto improving pve more,  adding more content.  more dungeons.

I have tried the Korean version and I never saw anyone pking anyone.  I doubt black desert is going to be a grief pking paradise some of the formers lineage 2 players want it to be.

Edited by Aylindel
8 people like this

Posted

You can be my slave, I'll make you enjoy PvP... if you know what I mean.

1447291704517.png

Posted

this are the kind of comments that disgust me.   with testers like you, most companies would go bankcrupt

you cannot enforce your playing styles upon others.  each person is free to have their own agenda for choosing a game.

less players, less money that company will make, and that will affect you too one way or another.   you should keep in mind that they are not making this game for Catherine ,  they need lots of people interested if they want to do well.    I don't ever see anyone pver telling pvpers that they shouldn't play the game if they don't want to pve.  

honestly it is getting boring that some people cant find better arguments to discourage others from playing a game,  they think it belong to them only.

there are plenty of other things you can enjoy doing in this game other than pvp.

Youre my hero

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

this are the kind of comments that disgust me.   with testers like you, most companies would go bankcrupt

you cannot enforce your playing styles upon others.  each person is free to have their own agenda for choosing a game.

less players, less money that company will make, and that will affect you too one way or another.   you should keep in mind that they are not making this game for Catherine ,  they need lots of people interested if they want to do well.    I don't ever see anyone pver telling pvpers that they shouldn't play the game if they don't want to pve.  

honestly it is getting boring that some people cant find better arguments to discourage others from playing a game,  they think it belong to them only.

there are plenty of other things you can enjoy doing in this game other than pvp.

If you do not enjoy PvP then you will not be able to really enjoy this game. It is the pure unbiased truth.

EDIT: Unless you do not mind remaining as a low level and simply enjoying activities like fishing, exploring and RP.

Edited by Catherine
1 person likes this

Posted

Preach, senpai!

Posted

you assume things too much.

people is entitle to play the game however they want.     and neither you or me can do anything about it.    trying to discourage people from buying the game won-t do you any good.  no one tells you how you should play the game, you should do the same.

15 people like this

Posted

you assume things too much.

people is entitle to play the game however they want.     and neither you or me can do anything about it.    trying to discourage people from buying the game won-t do you any good.  no one tells you how you should play the game, you should do the same.

Assume what? No seriously, what the hell are you talking about?

If I was to tell to someone who dislike sweets that the cake in front of them is really sweet, is that assumptions?

Posted

AA was the same way, and I enjoyed that game until Trion decided to be Trion. I think it will end up being well rounded. You just have to give it time.

4 people like this