• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Appreciation Thread

63 posts in this topic

Posted

Dear Devs,

Although you are taking quite a bit of heat for issues bound to happen in any early access. As a well experienced gamer / beta tester I would like to give you a hands up. I have experienced little to 0 lag in the game and the client itself for optimizations is pretty impressive. The game has more depth and although the premium items havent arrived in mail, its not like they are really necessary. A BIG SHOUT OUT FOR A WELL START TO A GOOD GAME!

Right now the devs are fighting the final boss: kittos.

Keep up the great work

1388946663820.jpg

18 people like this

Posted (edited)

They don't deserve appreciation. 

"Oh gee thanks for the lack of communication, overpriced cash shop, and general shadiness." 

Edited by DarthAznable
9 people like this

Posted

Yeah... although we haven't gotten our preorder gifts yet, and logging in for the first time was kind of a pain (took me about 15-20 minutes of getting disconnected) I have to say it's been smooth sailing so far.

Posted

latest?cb=20150127000600

2 people like this

Posted

As much as I like the CMs they aren't communicating at all, even a simple "No ETA, working on a fix" would be nice.

No, I will sing praise when they start acting like they give a damn.

Posted

Apart from none of my pre order items the game has been mostly perfect for me. Having the odd UI bug was about all that happened to me.

I was able to connect and play for 12 hours without a single ctd or disconnect which I have to say is quite good. This has to be far the best MMO headstart I have had in quite a while.

Posted

So an analogy of this would be:

You beat me half-dead, took all the clothes on my back, my money and belongings and you are basically leaving me with no way to call for help, but you didn't hit my face once so I have to thank you!  I will start an appreciation thread for you since every other fight I have been in, they hit my face.

1 person likes this

Posted

So an analogy of this would be:

You beat me half-dead, took all the clothes on my back, my money and belongings and you are basically leaving me with no way to call for help, but you didn't hit my face once so I have to thank you!  I will start an appreciation thread for you since every other fight I have been in, they hit my face.

You clearly don't understand how analogies work.

Posted

Every game launch I've seen has experienced some sort of issue. As long as there isnt a character wipe then all is good, nothing is worse than that.

Posted

screwed

Posted

They don't deserve appreciation. 

"Oh gee thanks for the lack of communication, overpriced cash shop, and general shadiness." 

yeah it sucks that we can play the game huh.... definitely better if Black Desert didn't come to NA/EU, cuz then we wouldn't have these problems

1 person likes this

Posted

wow some people dont read the forums properly enough. let me say this now. Daum has pretty much communicated to us the players about nearly every aspect of the game, CONSTANTLY. yes they have been shady about their cash shop etc, but honestly. its one of the few games that the devs/publisher actively talk to the players

Posted

wow some people dont read the forums properly enough. let me say this now. Daum has pretty much communicated to us the players about nearly every aspect of the game, CONSTANTLY. yes they have been shady about their cash shop etc, but honestly. its one of the few games that the devs/publisher actively talk to the players

You know. Except for today in regards to duplicate items and no real answers on the preorder bonus situation..

Posted (edited)

Apart from none of my pre order items the game has been mostly perfect for me. Having the odd UI bug was about all that happened to me.

I was able to connect and play for 12 hours without a single ctd or disconnect which I have to say is quite good. This has to be far the best MMO headstart I have had in quite a while.

My experience as well, so I can't really complain.  However, it would suck being one of the other guys who are anguished and suffering through no fault of their own.

Edited by Krusty

Posted

Yeah... although we haven't gotten our preorder gifts yet, and logging in for the first time was kind of a pain (took me about 15-20 minutes of getting disconnected) I have to say it's been smooth sailing so far.

They arent "Gifts" they were paid for with your money...

Posted (edited)

I feel for them (devs). These are hard working folk who take pride in their work and have had a bad time of it. I'm not saying people shouldn't be angry, it's just an unfortunate situation that I hope gets resolved for everyone asap. I'm really enjoying the game myself.

Edited by jac4

Posted

its been 25 hours I havent got my Pre-order Items They moved my character I cant start another for 24 hours they are going ofr a cash grab with the cash shop ..yea They are doing a wonderful job...please stop brown nosing and tell them what they need to hear. You all messed up you made 15-30 MILLION dollars in pre-orders and didnt spend time to smooth out all the little things like the cash shop and the Pre-order items...Not that they would listen!

Posted

Sometimes sheep don't even need to be told to clap

CM_Jou: Bro cover for me quick

CM_Bel: Aight igotchu

CM_Jou: Good looks bro!

Bel: Okay everybody, I'm sorry to hear of your situation, I've been switched onto controlin- I mean communicating the proceedings of this current situation(deflection)

Sheep: Baa, where is jouska?

Bel: He is currently working on mitigating the effects of the various unforeseen bugs our coding team missed due to heavy workload(high class deflection), he will be back shortly *snickers*

Jou: Bro lmao nice

*Situation mitigated*

Jou: I'm sorry for the issues were caused, but we managed to stabilize the situation. Credits to Belsazzar for softening the fal- I mean- credits to Belsazzar for doing an excellent job in communicating through this difficult process. I'm sure we had a difficult time, but he managed the job perfectly.

Bel: No no thank you! And the community should give Jouska a big hand in his hard work to make this experience enjoyable for everyone here. His ethic should be appreciated.

Sheep: Thaanks Jooouuuska, thaanks Belllsazzaaar!

Rational mind: What about appropriate compensation for xyz so that I can trust you value me as a customer

Sheep: Shut up, can't you see that they worked hard!!! Entitled111!! You should be valuing them rather than them valuing you. You are nothing!!!11

3 people like this

Posted

I say they deserve credit as it is not easy to design a game on this scale. I am annoyed at the bad launch but I understand how things can go wrong. Coding can be very touchy and if there is a problem its not easy to figure out whats breaking it. Credit where it is due! B|

Posted (edited)

So every thread on the forum needs to be turned into a "I didn't get my stuff so DAUM are shit" thread..... will keep that in mind.

OP I totally agree. Yes there was a rough start, hell I couldn't even log on for hours at first. But since I have it's been smooth sailing gameplay wise and I'm in Australia. No. Lag. Whatsoever.

Loving it and can be patient while I wait for my items.

Sadly not true for most of the forum goers it seems.

ETA: And I have to say, well done with controlling spam in chat. I've not seen one bit of it and for the life of me I can't remember when that's happened for years (yes I realise it's headstart and it could all go kaflewy but it's a nice change)

Edited by Shay
Something else to add

Posted

Thank you CMs and GMs for the long nights of endless fun. I paid for a game..not an excuse to cry like an entitled child.

1 person likes this

Posted

I say they deserve credit as it is not easy to design a game on this scale. I am annoyed at the bad launch but I understand how things can go wrong. Coding can be very touchy and if there is a problem its not easy to figure out whats breaking it. Credit where it is due! B|

I'm pro-CM and honestly have no complaints at the moment. However, I feel obligated to tell you that they didn't design the game. They only localized and made a few tweaks to it. No hate here, just observation.

Posted

You know. Except for today in regards to duplicate items and no real answers on the preorder bonus situation..

Elaborate on duplicate items?

Posted

Every game launch I've seen has experienced some sort of issue. As long as there isnt a character wipe then all is good, nothing is worse than that.

Plot twist there was a character wipe. A whole server infact. lol. anyways Idc about my items. I just want Daum to communicate with us.

Posted

My experience as well, so I can't really complain.  However, it would suck being one of the other guys who are anguished and suffering through no fault of their own.

I had the corrupt client and had to reinstall the whole game and download the 31GB patch. Sure it sucked to have to do it but its no sweat off my back, people rushing to cap are missing some key elements they will have to go back to get them later. 

Even with that complication as others have said this launch was pretty successful, no progression blocking issues after you get online.

1 person likes this