• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Night is too bright, I messed up my graphics

45 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don't know what I did, but before at nighttime it was always superdark. That was okay because there were lanterns in the game and I would buy them all roleplay style.

BUT NOW I CANT STOP SEEING LIGHT EVERYWHERE.

I was decorating my house and there were no lights inside, suddenly I can see in the dark and I dont know where I am suppose to put lanterns.

Did I do something to my graphics? Please help, this is really messing with immersion. It use to be so spooky fighting scarecrows. I especially loved the times when it was so dark my tamer would only appear in the blue flashes of their form during attacks.

Has anyone else experienced this? How do I fix it?

Edited by Kentigem

Posted (edited)

Yeah the night in closed beta 2 was pretty dark. Dark enough to where you needed a lantern, nights in closed beta 1 were even darker and before that it was even darker. I absolutely HATE that the night time is literally just a cloudy day. I wish they hadn't changed this. I just noticed it today also, thinking that all the other nights that I went through were just cloudy days. IMO it was MUCH better before, but of course the casual players complaining about how dark it was won and took out one of the most unique features of the game.

Edited by Puppet
1 person likes this

Posted

Remember when the carebears said it wasnt them that ruin games.

Posted (edited)

Its planetside 2 all over again. Why do devs think players cant handle a little bit of darkness?

can we get some screenshots to see how it looks now? is there a way to revert it playing with the graphics settings?

Edited by beehive inferno

Posted

That's honestly a huge turn-off if they got rid of the dark nights. >.<

punch god in the face.gif

Posted

Blizzard did the same thing to WoW, many years ago.

Posted

Only takes few vocal complainers to ruin a feature.

Posted

I usually am very supportive in this forum but, i really hope that this "bright night" thing is a mistake, i love the dark night idea.

I am ready to give some serious shit storm if we don't get it back.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its planetside 2 all over again. Why do devs think players cant handle a little bit of darkness?

can we get some screenshots to see how it looks now? is there a way to revert it playing with the grpahics settings?

Its literally just like a cloudy day. Thats all. I can't believe more people aren't angry about this. 

Posted

I really would love to have the darkness back, world bosses seem much more fun in the darkness of night.

Posted

If you turn off other player lanterns it will remove that extra light also try turn down your lighting or gama

Posted

I really hope this is a mistake and not just Daum listening to the cry babies all over again.

So tired of seeing nice feature being remove or simplify because of a few that have no clue how to adapt themselves to anything in life.

2 people like this

Posted

Turn gama up or down depending on the light.

Posted

Wait wtf are you saying this isn't my graphics? Are they gonna refund the lanterns I bought at the general store. And the light based decorations I selected from the list. My char has all these awesome looking spells at night, I wish I took more screenshots during cbt2

Posted

I don't know what I did, but before at nighttime it was always superdark. That was okay because there were lanterns in the game and I would buy them all roleplay style.

BUT NOW I CANT STOP SEEING LIGHT EVERYWHERE.

I was decorating my house and there were no lights inside, suddenly I can see in the dark and I dont know where I am suppose to put lanterns.

Did I do something to my graphics? Please help, this is really messing with immersion. It use to be so spooky fighting scarecrows. I especially loved the times when it was so dark my tamer would only appear in the blue flashes of their form during attacks.

Has anyone else experienced this? How do I fix it?

What I learned in CB2 is that you can tweek around with the settings and even change the tone of the game. The tone being you can set the Photonics scenes even to a type of grey scale if you want. This will have an effect on the night time too so you may want to give it a shot until you find something that suits your style.

Posted

I read something about moon cycles affecting the night time aswell. I think its best we first confirm if Night has been changed by Daum.

Posted (edited)

If you turn off other player lanterns it will remove that extra light also try turn down your lighting or gama

I have other lanterns off. I haven't gone back and changed my gamma but the nights are just insanely bright now. There is literally no reason for the lantern anymore. Or any other lighting in the game for that matter.

There is no way that the night hasn't been changed. Even if the moon DOES cycle from new moon to waxing and everything the night time shouldn't be as bright as it has been. Doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Puppet

Posted

yeah cbt2 nights were great why did they change it ?

Posted

I read something about moon cycles affecting the night time aswell. I think its best we first confirm if Night has been changed by Daum.

Oh god I hope that's what it is!

Posted

I enjoyed having to pull out my lantern during the night in cbt2, now I just ignore the feature which is disappointing..

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Only takes few vocal complainers to ruin a feature.

What the hell were their complaints!??!?! Its night so its dark? How does this interfere with them at all? We have lanterns in the game for a reason.

Edited by Kentigem

Posted (edited)

What the hell were their complaints!??!?! Its night so its dark? How does this interfere with them at all? We have lanterns in the game for a reason.

Funny thing, one of the most asked questions in general channel was about how players thought it was too dark. When I told them to use a lantern, they responded with a "We have a lantern?". The players that do not pay attention or check their inventory aka the lowest denominator is the reason why alot of stuff gets nerfed or removed in mmorpgs.

I hope the night isnt dark, because of a ingame issue and not Daum listening to complainers and changing it.

Edited by Yew

Posted

Wtf is wrong with people, who would complain about this?

I never saw anyone complain O_o

Posted

Bright Desert Online confirmed ! You heard it here first.

Posted

Thunderstorm & Lanterns

The thunderstorm feature that we tested during CBT1 has now been permanently added. It will occur up to 3 times per day on a regional scale. As the night will turn almost pitch black (see below), you should lookout for NPCs that offer you a lantern. The lantern effect has also been fixed and allows now to see further than before.

Additionally, as requested, we have disabled other player’s lantern effect by default. You can find it under the Screen settings to turn it back on, along with many other features.
AMntKrS.jpg
Comparison of view field in a thunderstorm without (upper) and with (lower) a lantern equipped.

Dark nights are still here, but don't happen all the time.