• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Trying to figure out why males make women characters

263 posts in this topic

Posted

I would think they are Beta forever aloners with no real chance of dating or talking to girls. Now before the white knights get angry that is only my opinion and remember everyone has their own opinion.

2 people like this

Posted

Hmmm... Well in this game, genderlocked classes are a big variable, so we'll have to think of another example.

In many other MMOs I have played, i like to have a variety of all genders and races when i make multiple characters. I like to have a balanced 'team' of alts, so to speak. Other than my reason, I'm sure it just bouils down to personal preference. :)

2 people like this

Posted

I like girls

27 people like this

Posted

because males in most MMOs lack long hair options

Posted

Its just a toon mate. No connection to real life needed.

I had male and female toons, fat and slim, tall and small, white, asian, black and mixed ... some where even green or red.

2 people like this

Posted

genderlocked classes make this the dumbest post ever.

11 people like this

Posted

Opinions..like assholes...everyone has one.

1. Female characters usually get much more attention from developers.

2. They get MUCH better clothes/cosmetics etc.

3. If going to look at something for hours/days/weeks/years on end...I'd rather look at something 'aesthetically' pleasing to me.

34 people like this

Posted

A lot of it has to do with perspective as well. Do you tend to play from the first person perspective in an RPG game, or a third person perspective? I tend to be the latter. The characters I play aren't me, but characters that I've created with their own backstories and relationships, much like the characters of a book written in the third person.

11 people like this

Posted

To get free stuff from guys?

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, it's either:

-Genderlock

OR

-This is just a game. Not real life or a representation of real life. So try to seperate those two things, Mr. Neckbeard.

Posted

I dont care either way about others, doesnt say anything about them. I normally play males but right now even the mirror classes have different skills between them and as far as rumours go - awakenings too.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you looked at the threads on the forum, before CS prices were revealed in CBT2. The main complaints was that classes are genderlocked. Males play the female, because they either want to go on a adventure with their waifu or they have no choice, because class is locked to a gender. Only females can be rangers, so if you like archer archtype, you are basicly f*cked and can only play a female avatar.

I think majority of the males wants to play with their new waifus though.

Posted

GUYS you're getting baited. He's being stupid on purpose. 

4 people like this

Posted

Genderlock, when the Blader comes out. I'll be a male like every other MMO I've played.

1 person likes this

Posted

Opinions..like assholes...everyone has one.

1. Female characters usually get much more attention from developers.

2. They get MUCH better clothes/cosmetics etc.

3. If going to look at something for hours/days/weeks/years on end...I'd rather look at something 'aesthetically' pleasing to me.

Are you saying that you look at your characters sexually? Because I personally never really notice my character while playing

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

In BDO, you are basically pigeonholed into it depending on class preference. 

In other games, the best reason I ever heard was from a guildie it was "If I have to look at someones ass all day on my screen, I'd prefer it be female"  Brought on a pretty good laugh over TS.

Edited by Volias

Posted

I would think they are Beta forever aloners with no real chance of dating or talking to girls. Now before the white knights get angry that is only my opinion and remember everyone has their own opinion.

I am not gonna lie, I would pick a girl even if the game was not Gender lock. When I'll get bored looking at my character I'll make a male to keep things fresh. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Some guys use characters as eye candy, so they play what they will enjoy seeing.

Some guys identify as females/transgendered

Some guys only play for mechanics, immersion means nothing for them

I care a bit about immersion, so genderlocked classes do affect me to an extent.

If Zerker awakening wasn't a mid ranged cannon, I'd be all over sorc or valk

Posted

Not baiting at all m'lady

*Tips Fedora*

Posted (edited)

Aye but its one of those times you comment on a thread to have a discussion with the people commenting while fully intending to ignore the OP ^^

Edited by Kuroshikon
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I like to look at Girls since i'm a hetero sexual male and that's also the reason i don't like to look at bulky males all day easy isn't it?

Honestly i'm not a role player so i don't see my char as a representation of myself or something like that   so why should it be male if i don't like to look at a male ass the whole time i play.,...

Edited by Asmodeus
1 person likes this

Posted

Well considering that I want to play as an archer, and the ranger gameplay looks pretty sweet, I'm going to have to go with this:

genderlocked classes make this the dumbest post ever.

That said, I would much prefer to play as a guy, but genderlocked classes.

Posted

i don't care

Posted

Are you saying that you look at your characters sexually? Because I personally never really notice my character while playing

Well then you failed at Roleplay games lol. 

Posted (edited)

Do you always make threads that are fairly pointless by nature to just burn time or? You just made a thread antagonizing people about spending their real money on the game. Now you're berating them for their character choice with the excuse as it being an opinion.

Edited by Ghostsp3ctre
Best Speller 2016