• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Can I run this game?

20 posts in this topic

Posted

First off, sorry in advance if this was posted in the wrong place, I'm not quite sure. So my question is, how well can I run this game (if at all)? I don't really want to buy it and find out that I can't actually play it with decent/ tolerable graphic settings. Will I experience a lot of problems if I play the game on this laptop? (not sure if this fact helps but I have pretty decent wifi)

my laptop:

Product name: Hp Envy 15 360 

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70 GHz

Speed - 2.4 GHz

Video Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Dedicated Memory - 112.5 MB

Total Memory - 4.0 GB

Memory (RAM): 8.0 GB

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit

Thanks for helping!

Posted (edited)

It should pass the min requirements to run properly.

Minimum Spec (Lowest Graphic Settings) 32bit Windows 7 , Windows 8 Intel Core i3 4GB RAM GTS 250 / GeForce 9800 GTX Radeon HD 3870 X2

Recommend Spec (Medium-High Graphic Settings) 64bit Windows 7 , Windows 8 Intel Core i5 6GB RAM GTX 650 / GTX 550 Ti Radeon HD 7770 / Radeon HD 6770

You will have issues.

Edited by Wavves

Posted (edited)

First off, that's not a video card. That's an integrated chip. They are worlds apart.

Second, you'll need to specify which chip that is. Stating that it is an Intel chip is like asking, "How fast will my car go? I got a Nissan." Are we talking GTR or Frontier?

Hopefully you can get an accurate answer if you flesh out your specs

Edited by Clunas

Posted

I'm going to take an educated guess that the factory Intel chip isn't going to do black desert well, if at all.

Posted

A potato can run this game

Depends how much eye candy you want

Posted

Nope. Sorry.

Unless you made a typo, your "GPU" doesn't have enough dedicated VRAM. Not worth the effort if you ask me.

Posted

You will Fry you,re Laptop even on the lowest Setting.

Posted

Make sure you have a cooling fan pad for under the laptop because with an integrated it's going to get hot. The game runs surprisingly smooth so far ( we haven't seen any large scale battles yet) so you should be able to run it without to much lag if it's on low graphic settings. That fan pad for underneath the laptop will help prevent your Laptop from going nuclear.

Posted

For the specific name of the graphics card, I think its this "Intel HD graphics 4400 with up to 1792MB total graphics memory". I googled my laptop and that's what it gave me (not sure if that's what you were looking for). Also, I recently downloaded Blade and Soul and can run that game with okish settings; do the two games have similar requirements?

Posted

Your chip is most likely a HD 4000. You will be able to run the game on optimization mode, but don't expect anything higher than that.

Posted

Your chip is most likely a HD 4000. You will be able to run the game on optimization mode, but don't expect anything higher than that.

So would this look ok? Would it be super pixelated and such?

Posted (edited)

For the specific name of the graphics card, I think its this "Intel HD graphics 4400 with up to 1792MB total graphics memory". I googled my laptop and that's what it gave me (not sure if that's what you were looking for). Also, I recently downloaded Blade and Soul and can run that game with okish settings; do the two games have similar requirements?

It is low min, you may run into some issues.  It will not look the best, that is for sure.

Edited by Wavves

Posted

If someone could give BlueBear a screenshot of min settings gameplay, that would probably go a long way

Posted

Also, for another bit of information, I've been able to run games like skyforge and neverwinter fairly ok as well. Most of the time, when I look at the necessary specs for a game, my ram always seems to fall short; however, when I actually play, it doesn't seem that terrible.

Posted

Probably something like this but the Laptop is gonna get very hot,

Posted

So would this look ok? Would it be super pixelated and such?

It wouldn't look very good at all. You're better of selling that shitty laptop as someone will buy it, and build a PC which you could get a decent one for 400ish pound dollars or euros.

Posted

Also, for another bit of information, I've been able to run games like skyforge and neverwinter fairly ok as well. Most of the time, when I look at the necessary specs for a game, my ram always seems to fall short; however, when I actually play, it doesn't seem that terrible.

If that is not a big deal to you then go for it, if it goes south, you are only out 30 bucks.

Posted (edited)

Step 1.) open google
Step 2.) type in "can I run black desert online"
Step 3.) click the top link (systemrequirementslab)
Step 4.) follow instructions
Step 5.) read answer

Optional step 6.) Bookmark that page, because it can tell you what games you can and can't run as well as where you fall in the minimum vs recommended specs.

Edited by bakimono

Posted

It wouldn't look very good at all. You're better of selling that shitty laptop as someone will buy it, and build a PC which you could get a decent one for 400ish pound dollars or euros.

Not always an option. I had to keep my toaster of a laptop throughout college. That said, building a decent PC would be a good move as opposed to getting another laptop later on.