• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Feedback] My opinion of Black Desert

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Great game overall... It has the feel of a sandbox with a bit of questing added in. The economy and systems involved are well thought out. I won't comment much on what I enjoy, because its a long list. The game is awesome and I plan on playing it.

Instead I will write some meticulous  things that I wish were different:

1.) Energy system is a good idea, prevents things from being meaningless by just spamming harvesting all day for example. The issue I see is the rate in which it regenerates. It could have been done better. Resting barely changes the rate of increase. Would be cool to see activities or possibly trade items that restore energy. Possibly a rare drop from combat, fishing, or a craftable item that restores energy?

2.) The class system. In a sandbox, especially like this one, the way we build our character is important. This game feels like it has all the GREAT sandbox elements but then throws in a theme park style class system where you just pick a pre-determined character with not much customization. To make this worse, there is even a gender lock. The class system could have been a lot better.

3.) Transportation! Teleportation with fees or automated horse paths between cities that also costs money. The auto pathing in this game needs work, I get stuck on corners all the time! Its very frustrating. 

Overall I am happy with my 100$ purchase and plan to play this game as my main MMORPG. Between Black Desert and Grim Dawn, I am fully entertained. Can't wait for the cash shop to grab some bag space and a pet.

Edited by Raserei
2 people like this

Posted

I like the automated horse paths ideas. It'd be cool to have something similar to like a bus stop and a carriage to get in that'll take you somewhere. :) As long as I can hop out of that carriage any time down the road.

1 person likes this

Posted

Overall I am happy with my 100$ purchase and plan to play this game as my main MMORPG. Between Black Desert and Grim Dawn, I am fully entertained. Can't wait for the cash shop to grab some bag space and a pet.

I am actually playing Grim Dawn now, waiting for my Explorer's pass tomorrow!!!! xD

I haven't been able to play at the CBT but from what I've seen, I think the lack of teleportation adds some depth and meaning to the game and I personally like it.

:P

Posted (edited)

To touch on your point about Energy. It's there for economic purpose (stabilizes economy from item dumping as you mentioned) so the rate really shouldn't change (I'm saying that as someone who is maining alchemy and farming, two energy intensive crafts). I've had little issue managing energy due to the ways you can get it back.

1. City quests: Many provide energy even when you used none for the quest, and quite a few are daily quests.

2. Potions: Though they exist, they are very costly to make and thus costly to buy. 

3. You mentioned resting, though not much when playing, its great for when you have work to do at home or running an errand. (Compared to logging out which is an energy an hour)

Alts also have their own energy, but is based on your max. So if your max energy is currently 50, and you have 4 characters, that's 200 energy when full. Great for using alts in leveling nodes or doing basic crafts.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Tireku

Posted

3.) Transportation! Teleportation with fees or automated horse paths between cities that also costs money. The auto pathing in this game needs work, I get stuck on corners all the time! Its very frustrating. 

No, Just No, no no no no no no no no no no no and NO!!!!    Nice post, but you lost me on this one.  Glad you're enjoying the game :)

Posted

Great game overall... It has the feel of a sandbox with a bit of questing added in. The economy and systems involved are well thought out. I won't comment much on what I enjoy, because its a long list. The game is awesome and I plan on playing it.

Instead I will write some meticulous  things that I wish were different:

1.) Energy system is a good idea, prevents things from being meaningless by just spamming harvesting all day for example. The issue I see is the rate in which it regenerates. It could have been done better. Resting barely changes the rate of increase. Would be cool to see activities or possibly trade items that restore energy. Possibly a rare drop from combat, fishing, or a craftable item that restores energy?

2.) The class system. In a sandbox, especially like this one, the way we build our character is important. This game feels like it has all the GREAT sandbox elements but then throws in a theme park style class system where you just pick a pre-determined character with not much customization. To make this worse, there is even a gender lock. The class system could have been a lot better.

Uggghhhh....

1.  Rest in a bed then.  make alts.  Problem solved

2. Get over it...this horse died over 12 months ago in Korea.

3. Pathing needs improving yes...nothing more.  NO TP.

Posted

I don't want to see Fast Travel, but I think it'd be cool if they implemented carriages, working like "medieval bus stops". xD They could stop in towns and/or some spots next to the grind zones, move a bit faster than standard horses or just have T6-8 horses, and you could be able to attach your horse's harness to the back so it'd follow the carriage while your character chills and you afk. You'd just need to check every once in a while to see if you didn't miss your "stop" yet. :P

Posted (edited)

horses are fast travel and i actually like that riding yourself is faster than autorun

Edited by n1ghty

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0