• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AP - DP What to work to?

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys,

I'm currently at level 32, doing all the quests and sometimes some grinding. Found some good builds etc. But I was wondering what AP and DP I should aim for? What is "standard" for a level 50 witch/wizard? I've got most of the cheap recommended gear including Yuria, but the blackstones are so expensive... Also the gems are a pain to get...

So, what is a decent amount of AP and DP you should have at level 50? 

Posted

If it helps, I was last 33 with 46 AP, and 36 DP?

You should just stack AP everywhere you can obviously so you can kill faster with all the KS'ing everywhere lol.

Posted

currently 40 with 42 AP 47 DP (damn black stones not dropping for weapons) and I do just fine. Also to note Im using taritas set for Accuracy, I noticed wizards miss alot when farming dark red for grinding.

currently 40 with 42 AP 47 DP (damn black stones not dropping for weapons) and I do just fine. Also to note Im using taritas set for Accuracy, I noticed wizards miss alot when farming dark red for grinding.

Posted

With the yuria staff and newly 50 im at 60 AP 51DP with the stones i got from lvling

Posted (edited)

I can't say you should be dying all too often. I figured I killed stuff pretty fast so for giggles ('cause I actually want to try it out anyways) I went with DP/HP. Was in a party and was practically tanking mobs in a duo, but on a more serious note you SHOULD consider accuracy on some gear pieces since missing actually seemed to be a thing lol. Of course it might not matter if when you DO hit the damage is sufficient.

EDIT: AP-25 DP-60
719+ HP Level 34 (I don't remember the EXACT stats but these are close)

My personal opinion is to consider accuracy if you don't already have any. I don't know how much difference 1 AP makes but missing your target isn't the nicest thing to see. Or better yet just have a pair of accuracy accessories in your inventory.

Edited by Enumeratingw7
Yes, too lazy to dodge and face tank stupid attacks.

Posted

4/4 zerith

uktimatev stud staff

steel dagger

image.png

Posted

Im at 90ap/60dp atm, around this amount of AP you can pretty much lightning combo someone to insta death if they have below 90DP so try aiming for that as a start :D

Posted

Im at 90ap/60dp atm, around this amount of AP you can pretty much lightning combo someone to insta death if they have below 90DP so try aiming for that as a start :D

Can I ask what gear you have atm?

Posted

+14 Yuria Staff and +7 dagger, and +7/+6 armor, its actually not hard to get 100 AP, bares accessories really help :)

Oh an 4x agerian armor and talis boots for run speed 

2 people like this

Posted

+14 Yuria Staff and +7 dagger, and +7/+6 armor, its actually not hard to get 100 AP, bares accessories really help :)

Steel Dagger I take it? Also how good is the Yuria Staff? I don't know what to get but avoided Yuria because of all the human damage.

Posted

Your guides on YouTube have helped me a lot. just have to say that. but here's a question, if you could answer it, would be appreciated :P slightly out of this topic, but lightning chain doesn't seem to work in my case, any insight why would that be happening?

Hey guys,

I'm currently at level 32, doing all the quests and sometimes some grinding. Found some good builds etc. But I was wondering what AP and DP I should aim for? What is "standard" for a level 50 witch/wizard? I've got most of the cheap recommended gear including Yuria, but the blackstones are so expensive... Also the gems are a pain to get...

So, what is a decent amount of AP and DP you should have at level 50? 

I'd just throw a wild quess that you'd need at least 80/60 AP/DP for lvl 50, but no idea how far that is from reality, will laugh if that is even near the correct amounts xD 

Posted

slightly out of this topic, but lightning chain doesn't seem to work in my case, any insight why would that be happening?

Mayo can you elaborate a little please mate.  Are you holding the keys down to activate? Not working on what? Have you got it in your skill tree?!  Silly question but it helps!

Posted

Mayo can you elaborate a little please mate.  Are you holding the keys down to activate? Not working on what? Have you got it in your skill tree?!  Silly question but it helps!

I have it, it triggers, no damage at all to enemies.

Posted

1. Do you see the animation hit more than one enemy at a time?
2. Is the enemy in question standing toe to toe with you as there is a significant reduction in damage with chain lightning when face to face.
3. Are you testing on higher lvl enemies as it may look like there is no damage, either because the health bar isn't changing due to lack of enemy knowledge or taking a while to get them down.  Have you tested on a mob in the starting area for example?
4. Can you hold chain lightning until it depletes your mana?

Posted (edited)

1. Do you see the animation hit more than one enemy at a time?
2. Is the enemy in question standing toe to toe with you as there is a significant reduction in damage with chain lightning when face to face.
3. Are you testing on higher lvl enemies as it may look like there is no damage, either because the health bar isn't changing due to lack of enemy knowledge or taking a while to get them down.  Have you tested on a mob in the starting area for example?
4. Can you hold chain lightning until it depletes your mana?

1. Nope, just a single fox
2. Yeah, it's toe to toe.
3. Nope, I tested on freaking foxes, and i was lvl 20.
4. Yep.

Edited by Mayo
spelling

Posted

Ok what you want to find is at least 3 npcs close together and press and HOLD shift and RMB.....hold it....

Are you doing this already. Sorry to keep going over this but I know from experience that if 1 out of 100 people say its not working its probably user error.  Nothing against you but just making sure you know to hold the RMB.  Its just a bit strange you never see it linking or chaining to other NPCs

Posted

Ok what you want to find is at least 3 npcs close together and press and HOLD shift and RMB.....hold it....

Are you doing this already. Sorry to keep going over this but I know from experience that if 1 out of 100 people say its not working its probably user error.  Nothing against you but just making sure you know to hold the RMB.  Its just a bit strange you never see it linking or chaining to other NPCs

Yeah I always hold it. and i'll test it out again, after the Maintenance :P

Posted

The only time I've seen Lightning Chain not to damage is when I tried to hit monsters behind solid objects. The animation still went off, but it wouldn't do damage. 

Posted

Yes I hate that! Even worse behind a tree! You see him, hit him, it drains mana but no damage! Heathens!

Posted

4/4 zerith

uktimatev stud staff

steel dagger

image.png

How do you zero Casting Speed? That is crucial to a Wizard/Witch.

Posted

Don't judge me.

Joking but your AP and DP should naturally fall into place. It's more or less the "peripheral" stats you should be working on such as cast speed, resistances, etc.

Posted

I don't have any crystals in my armor. 

Posted

lol holy shit : )

My dp is horrible, Please stay away from me :(
I'm only 40 tho but Im sitting at 61/27 LOL

I'll upgrade my gear as soon as im 50 ^_^

so 90 AP is the sweet spot.

Also I play alone Can i still enjoy this game or will I get bent over and dry humped without a Clan while im grinding?

I mean only way someone can kill me is if they flag up adn get karma and well out DPS me o_o

Posted

Jesus...I'm level 37 and I only have 26 Ap and 24 DP...clearly I'm doing it wrong. I was waiting to upgrade things till later but should I be using my blackstones to upgrade already?

Posted

Ive been level 50 for 2 days, currently at 78 AP 85 DP

Getting your wep to above +12 really helps, and dont forget to + your offhand! I did for ages and that was really holding me back!

Also, I was at around 90 AP but take a little less and take some DP made things much easier for me, surivied a lot better.

Also get casting speed to level 5. Crazy difference and much easier to pvp

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0