• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Graphic configuration GTX 650

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I'm getting ready for the Explorers zerg. On CBT2 I got a steady 20-30 FPS with following specs:

I5 4460 3,2GHZ

Nvidia GTX 650 (A piece of crap, saving up for a 970)

8gb ram

1TB HDD

What graphic configuration would  you recommend? Besides "turn everything off" if possible :D

Any known performance tricks? I played on windowed fullscreen BTW

Cheers!

EDIT: Forgot to add that I play on a 1920x1080 resolution on an HD display

Edited by Melfina

Posted

Click all the low performance stuff to on.

Posted

See my guide here for a more detailed account of each setting. http://imgur.com/a/b8ZLB

Though because your GPU is just pretty old, you might just have to stick with low.

1 person likes this

Posted

See my guide here for a more detailed account of each setting. http://imgur.com/a/b8ZLB

Though because your GPU is just pretty old, you might just have to stick with low.

Thank you very much!

Posted

I dare to disagree, my pc is almost like OP's one but I have a GT 630, which is even crappier. During CBT2 I didn't need to put my settings to low and I didn't notice any stutter or whatever, BDO runs very smooth here, I think I used medium setting but tbh. I am not 100% sure.

Posted (edited)

"old" does not mean "bad".. i run the game on high settings just fine with a 470 gtx SOC ( 60 fps ). Just have to set your system properly without bottlenecks and your are fine, same with your software/tasks etc. I can't go with max settings though, which is fine..well i don't have a reference-card, but a soc model.. but still, with a 650 reference-card, high settings should be still possible. 

Probably too much shit running in the backgroud, eating up ressources.. or a bottleneck somewhere.

Edited by Perdosa

Posted

I have a 760 gtx and on medium - slightly high I hit around 40-55 fps on average. 

Posted (edited)

"old" does not mean "bad".. i run the game on high settings just fine with a 470 gtx SOC ( 60 fps ). Just have to set your system properly without bottlenecks and your are fine, same with your software/tasks etc. I can't go with max settings though, which is fine..well i don't have a reference-card, but a soc model.. but still, with a 650 reference-card, high settings should be still possible. 

Probably too much shit running in the backgroud, eating up ressources.. or a bottleneck somewhere.

Yeah maybe on low resolution, but I'm talking 1080p. Neither a 470 or 650 will hold 60fps on high settings. My 960 barely can.

Edited by BeastHunter

Posted

I had very nice graphis on my old nvidia 550 ti at medium with a 50 avr fps on ru servers and 60 on cbt, now i run high on a 950 np

Posted

So I'm getting ready for the Explorers zerg. On CBT2 I got a steady 20-30 FPS with following specs:

I5 4660 3,2GHZ

Nvidia GTX 650 (A piece of crap, saving up for a 970)

8gb ram

1TB HDD

What graphic configuration would  you recommend? Besides "turn everything off" if possible :D

Any known performance tricks? I played on windowed fullscreen BTW

Cheers!

if you want a FPS boost, then you need to shut down the V-sync in Nvidia option!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yeah maybe on low resolution, but I'm talking 1080p. Neither a 470 or 650 will hold 60fps on high settings. My 960 barely can.

so do i .. i played the cbt2 on high settings on 1080p on an average of 60fps.. if there was a cluster----- in the imp area it dropped to around 45-50, which was due my cpu, but not gpu. like i said.. i don't have a "normal" 470.. if you are interested: click

If you can't run your 960 on 60fps+, there is a bottleneck somewhere, not giving you the full potential of the card.

Edited by Perdosa

Posted

if you want a FPS boost, then you need to shut down the V-sync in Nvidia option!

Thanks! I'll sure try that!

so do i .. i played the cbt2 on high settings on 1080p on an average of 60fps.. if there was a cluster----- in the imp area it dropped to around 45-50, which was due my cpu, but not gpu. 

If you can't run your 960 on 60fps+, there is a bottleneck somewhere, not giving you the full potential of the card.

You seem to understand quite a bit on the matter haha, I don't think there is a bottleneck, in any case it would be the GPU as it is the oldest component. Anyway if it is the bottleneck thing what could I do to find out? I'll try to run BDO on a fresh pc start up disbling things in the background and stuff. But yeah I remember that my friend played on a GTX 660 on medium and he had steady 50-60 fps on CBT2

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

so do i .. i played the cbt2 on high settings on 1080p on an average of 60fps.. if there was a cluster----- in the imp area it dropped to around 45-50, which was due my cpu, but not gpu. 

lol I know what I'm doing, I built this thing. But there is simply no way you are getting that performance on High settings, its impossible. 470 only has 1GB VRAM and on high settings this game easily uses 2GB, so you would be stuttering also.

Edited by BeastHunter

Posted

lol I know what I'm doing, I built this thing. But there is simply no way you are getting that performance on High settings, its impossible. 470 only has 1GB VRAM and on high settings this game easily uses 2GB, so you would be stuttering also.

"Building" a thing and "understanding" whats going on in there is quite the difference. and no.. a 470 SOC does not have 1 gb vram, that would be the reference 470 gtx. See.. there is quite a difference between a reference model and a soc model. For example.. a 470 soc in benchmarks is slightly below a 660 ti, but that difference is not even seen for a "normal" user.

Check the link out i gave you.. the 470 soc from gigabyte is outblasting every other 470 model by far and even quite a few of the higher "tiers". Prods was changed, PCB's were changed, hynix mem etc etc. The mem clock is 3300+mhz.. know what a 960 has? 1753mhz. 

So no, its a lot but not impossible, you just have to "understand" whats going on in your system, beside "just" building it. I don't mean to be offensive here, but you don't seem to understand a lot about software/hardware and how it is working. Yeah building is great, i built all my pc's by myself since the first pc's exist.. including having a blast first my first HDD back in the day and having "50 MB storage".. Holy shizlmynyzl.. lol

Its np though young padawan :P 

Thanks! I'll sure try that!

You seem to understand quite a bit on the matter haha, I don't think there is a bottleneck, in any case it would be the GPU as it is the oldest component. Anyway if it is the bottleneck thing what could I do to find out? I'll try to run BDO on a fresh pc start up disbling things in the background and stuff. But yeah I remember that my friend played on a GTX 660 on medium and he had steady 50-60 fps on CBT2

Well. i have a couple mates which are in this business and always tell me how to get the most out of it, so my knowledge is limited to what i experienced/done myself and to my mates "teaching" me.

If you have a "brand new" CPU and you have an old GPU, could also result in a bottleneck btw. If you want to try out settings, the best thing to do is shutting everything down, except the game. then check the tasks running in the background. there are a shitload of tasks running by windows, which you don't need.. there are quite a few guides on that and also tools, which will show you which you need and which you don't. It's a "slight" increase, but its adding up.. just by changes on the software you can increase your performance by somewhat 10-15%. 

Since i don't know your system, beside the things you've listed i would do what i said.. shut everything down, fresh system is always nice lol, run the game and then try to find out whats going on with certain tools, which will monitor the voltage, cpu/gpu usage and so on. will make it easier to find "possible" bottlenecks. drivers are also a thing to check out, newest does not mean best sometimes.. also drivers for your mb-chipset helps, which most people dont even know ;). 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

"Building" a thing and "understanding" whats going on in there is quite the difference. and no.. a 470 SOC does not have 1 gb vram, that would be the reference 470 gtx. See.. there is quite a difference between a reference model and a soc model. For example.. a 470 soc in benchmarks is slightly below a 660 ti, but that difference is not even seen for a "normal" user.

Check the link out i gave you.. the 470 soc from gigabyte is outblasting every other 470 model by far and even quite a few of the higher "tiers". Prods was changed, PCB's were changed, hynix mem etc etc. The mem clock is 3300+mhz.. know what a 960 has? 1753mhz. 

So no, its a lot but not impossible, you just have to "understand" whats going on in your system, beside "just" building it. I don't mean to be offensive here, but you don't seem to understand a lot about software/hardware and how it is working. Yeah building is great, i built all my pc's by myself since the first pc's exist.. including having a blast first my first HDD back in the day and having "50 MB storage".. Holy shizlmynyzl.. lol

Its np though young padawan :P 

Ok so it's the 470 Superclocked edition, but it still wouldn't do the performance you're saying it does. You said yourself it's slightly below a 660ti but for some reason you still think its better? Also memory clock frequencies are different due to updated chipsets and different architecture. Not saying your card is no good, but still. Even with my FX-8350 and 960, (and I have no bottlenecks) at High settings my average fps is 45 up to 60. Yours wouldn't be better with a card that has half the power of a 960. It's not complicated.

Edited by BeastHunter

Posted

Ok so it's the 470 Superclocked edition, but it still wouldn't do the performance your saying it does. You said yourself it's slightly below a 660ti but for some reason you still think its better? Also memory clock frequencies are different due to updated chipsets and different architecture. Not saying your card is no good, but still. Even with my FX-8350 and 960, (and I have no bottlenecks) High settings average my fps is 45 up to 60. Yours wouldn't be better with a card that has half the power of a 960.

Did not say it was better? I said it is "slightly" below... wrong wording there on my part i guess?

Like i said.. i did run on high settings ( not on max! ), 1080p, with a steady 60 fps. IF there was a lot going on, like on the imp-camp, where tons of people and mobs were around, yes.. and i said that, my fps did drop. I am aware that my system is quite aged, but still good enough to play on high settings. the moment i go on max my fps drops to 15 fps, with cluster-----s it looks like a friggn slow-motion capture.

I also should mention that i use oc guru for my card, which will is also giving an extra boost. I can just tell you that it works for me and if my system would be able to, i would make a video for you.. but thats the thing, i cant have things running in the background, because that would simply ----- up everything and my performance would go to the ground.

With your fx-8350 and a 960 ( reference ? ) i don't see why you should not pull more than 60 fps. Its above the recommonded system requirements for BDO. if you fit those requirements, you should be able to play on max settings. ( again, i can't play on max, but "high". )

Posted (edited)

did you guys changed the 60 Hz for the monitor to 59 ????  its important for fps

Edited by Thierca

Posted

did you guys changed the 60 Hz for the monitor to 59 ????  its important for fps

I did, since the Game is forcing it to go to 60hz... had to change manually.

Posted

Did not say it was better? I said it is "slightly" below... wrong wording there on my part i guess?

Like i said.. i did run on high settings ( not on max! ), 1080p, with a steady 60 fps. IF there was a lot going on, like on the imp-camp, where tons of people and mobs were around, yes.. and i said that, my fps did drop. I am aware that my system is quite aged, but still good enough to play on high settings. the moment i go on max my fps drops to 15 fps, with cluster-----s it looks like a friggn slow-motion capture.

I also should mention that i use oc guru for my card, which will is also giving an extra boost. I can just tell you that it works for me and if my system would be able to, i would make a video for you.. but thats the thing, i cant have things running in the background, because that would simply ----- up everything and my performance would go to the ground.

With your fx-8350 and a 960 ( reference ? ) i don't see why you should not pull more than 60 fps. Its above the recommonded system requirements for BDO. if you fit those requirements, you should be able to play on max settings. ( again, i can't play on max, but "high". )

What cpu do you have? I still don't believe you get 60 fps, even with some overclocking on top of it. And I know the recommendations say I should be doing just fine but you can't rely on them. I do run on high just fine but your telling me your basically getting my performance or better which is impossible. I might believe you if you took a screenshot showing 60 fps, but I doubt you'd take one but you're not getting it lol. (not trying to be mean I just don't believe this shit at all). 

You know all that does is change so your monitor shows 59fps instead of 60fps? How would that make a difference?

Posted

What cpu do you have? I still don't believe you get 60 fps, even with some overclocking on top of it. And I know the recommendations say I should be doing just fine but you can't rely on them. I do run on high just fine but your telling me your basically getting my performance or better which is impossible. I might believe you if you took a screenshot showing 60 fps, but I doubt you'd take one but you're not getting it lol. (not trying to be mean I just don't believe this shit at all). 

8370E.. and like i said above allready, just putting up some "basic" specs, does not say much about a system and if there is shit in the background. Mine is optimized as much as i could, with the help of a mate, who is doing that for a living. I got a 12% performance boost just from all that hidden trash in the background... i have nothing running, beside the game.. ( oh and TS ), no browser, no music or w/e.

BDO is for the me the edge to get a new system, but for now it is enough. I will make you screenshots as soon as i can play ( which will be tommorrow ), but that won't show you, if it is running "smooth" and "steady". But if you want, sure i can do that.

Hmm.. a mate from my guild was streaming today with 60+ fps iirc.. i am not sure right now, but i believe he has the same gpu as you, but an intel cpu and i also believe he does play on max setting, but cant tell for sure right now... I will ask him tomorrow as well, kind of late here. but you can take a look.. click