• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

buy pets with real money = pay to win ?

111 posts in this topic

Posted

The pets seem to have valuable abilities yet I hear they can be bought with real money, Is this true?

Posted (edited)

yea they pick up loot and either locate resources, flagged players nearby, or elite mobs. it's not pay 2 win it's pay 2 convenience.

Edited by skogz

Posted

Pay2MakeitEasier

Posted

Not Pay 2 win, but kinda ridiculous the only way to get one is cash shop or a Achievement...

Posted

As everyone in this thread has stated, no, it's pay for convenience.

Also, when will this topic die? :(

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Flagging nearby enemys sounds a little more than a "convenience"

Edited by Guinan
spelling
2 people like this

Posted

Flagging nearby enemys sounds a little more than a "conveniance"

Not for the carebears

Posted

Flagging nearby enemys sounds a little more than a "conveniance"

yeah it makes them so strong they instant kill anyone, so pay2win

2 people like this

Posted

The pets seem to have valuable abilities yet I hear they can be bought with real money, Is this true?

They not only can be bought with real money, but that's the only option to get them. Well, you can obtain 1 dog 1 cat from an achievement, but it's "Play for 5000h", so gl with that.

Pets give you boost to combat exp, 10% minimum, I think it goes up to 20 or 25% if you stack 3 pets and breed them up to Tier 3 or Tier 4, each Tier makes them pick up stuff faster and boosts exp more, afaik. They also pick up your loot, which saves you time you'd have to spend picking it up yourself, making you grind faster>get more loot + more exp> level up faster + get rich faster.

Depending on the species you pick they get another perk- dogs can detect hostile players, hawks detect rare mobs, and I'm unsure of what cats do.

You can say it's "Pay for convience" since the game doesn't have any "win/lose", but having 3 pets, especially T3-4 is a big advantage and it makes a noticable difference when it comes to grinding and hitting those levels.

2 people like this

Posted

As everyone in this thread has stated, no, it's pay for convenience.

Also, when will this topic die? :(

The topic will die when Daum fix the problem.

Posted

What problem is there to fix, exactly?

If you're too broke to fork over $9 for a pet, you shouldn't be playing the game for $30 - $50 in the first place.

The only problem I see that needs fixing is adding pets to loyalty shop.

Posted

And what is the problem exactly?

Posted (edited)

Game has no aoe looting, even though it should.
Forced to buy pets else miss out on:

Auto loot
15% combat exp
15% gathering exp

But its not pay to win, nope, not at all.

Edited by SakariFoxx
2 people like this

Posted

You can look at the skills and determine yourself whether or not you deem pet abilities valuable. It could be argued (P2W vs P4C) both for and against but at the end of the day it shouldn't matter too much.

Image source:

http://blackdesertfoundry.com/2016/01/22/pets-guide/ 

IcantBeLieveYOUjustTOOKtheTiMEtOREaDTHIS.png

1 person likes this

Posted

Game has no aoe looting, even though it should forced to buy pets else miss out on:

Auto loot
15% combat exp
15% gathering exp

But its not pay to win, nope, not at all.

This. They removed a fairly standard feature so they could monetize it.

Same goes with skill resets.

The game is still fun to play, but pretending this business model is acceptable is only going to hurt the playerbase, doesn't matter how much you try to cover your ears and scream out the noise around you.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you're too broke to fork over $9 for a pet, you shouldn't be playing the game for $30 - $50 in the first place.

Game is going P2W-ish when the only way to be competitive is to pay up, and issues with Conqueror's packs only prove that items you can buy in the game give a significant advantage. There were users posting on the forum that because they didn't get their pre-order they were leveling significantly slower than the rest of the group and even got kicked out from some for slowing their progress on the way to 50.

Pets just give too big of an advantage to be locked behind a paywall, they should add at least 1 type of a pet you could get through loyalty, get from a quest or tame. Something basic and not as appealing as Cash Shop pets, like a Weasel or a Beatle, so players who don't want to pay up aren't left behind.

4 people like this

Posted

If cats get to replenish their hunger off the corpses of my PVP enemies,  I'd pay for that.

Posted

ah i see, this is B2P. You just have to keep on buying ? Lol .Realy I just wanted a clearer picture of this B2P model befor I buy and I think I have it , thankyou all for posts

1 person likes this

Posted

They not only can be bought with real money, but that's the only option to get them. Well, you can obtain 1 dog 1 cat from an achievement, but it's "Play for 5000h", so gl with that.

Pets give you boost to combat exp, 10% minimum, I think it goes up to 20 or 25% if you stack 3 pets and breed them up to Tier 3 or Tier 4, each Tier makes them pick up stuff faster and boosts exp more, afaik. They also pick up your loot, which saves you time you'd have to spend picking it up yourself, making you grind faster>get more loot + more exp> level up faster + get rich faster.

Depending on the species you pick they get another perk- dogs can detect hostile players, hawks detect rare mobs, and I'm unsure of what cats do.

You can say it's "Pay for convience" since the game doesn't have any "win/lose", but having 3 pets, especially T3-4 is a big advantage and it makes a noticable difference when it comes to grinding and hitting those levels.

You are misinformed and make it sound like it's easy or even guaranteed. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Considering a lot of people are saying level>gear>skill in PvP, having pets is more or less P2W since it not only makes grinding more efficient with the looting it also provide a boost to exp. This means buying pets make you level up faster and is kinda P2W.

Posted

P2SaveyourRbutton. 

1 person likes this

Posted

You are misinformed and make it sound like it's easy or even guaranteed. 

I'm misinformed about what? o: Feel free to correct me, I know about pets only as much as I gathered from Google and forums, that's why I said "afaik".

Posted

Game is going P2W-ish when the only way to be competitive is to pay up, and issues with Conqueror's packs only prove that items you can buy in the game give a significant advantage. There were users posting on the forum that because they didn't get their pre-order they were leveling significantly slower than the rest of the group and even got kicked out from some for slowing their progress on the way to 50.

Pets just give too big of an advantage to be locked behind a paywall, they should add at least 1 type of a pet you could get through loyalty, get from a quest or tame. Something basic and not as appealing as Cash Shop pets, like a Weasel or a Beatle, so players who don't want to pay up aren't left behind.

I agree with the loyalty idea. By giving reasonable access (accumulating loyalty is kinda of hard as of now) to it or possibly offering events to the community that reward pets would be a solution to this. The concept of the loyalty shop should act as a buffer for the games overall stature (whether or not its P2W)

1 person likes this

Posted

The stupidity....it hurts. 

Posted

ah i see, this is B2P. You just have to keep on buying ? Lol .Realy I just wanted a clearer picture of this B2P model befor I buy and I think I have it , thankyou all for posts

how do you expect daum to make money then? all b2p games have a cash shop.