• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Tactician class.

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings!

Before I begin, I would like to say that I know chances of this being read, or even implemented, are very slim... but suggestions forum is here for a reason! So here goes nothing.

I like pet classes. Summoners, Tamers, you name it. The more classes the better. I've played everything from the Summoner in FFXI, to the Summoner in DFO with their 20+ pets. Now here is something different. An MMORPG with combo closer to what seems like Vindictus when it comes to combat. I saw the Tamer class, and am excited to try it out... but I'd like to throw another "Pet" style class out there.

Enter the Tactician.

The Tactician would play a bit differently from other classes. You would basically have your own "mini team" of NPC summons. What could these summons be? Weaker variants of the other classes perhaps? Tacticians would have a smaller hp pool than other classes, but you wouldn't necessarily be squishy. They could have a "bodyguard" system, where they share damage with their pets if they take damage directly, splitting it off and reducing it. AoE attacks may prove a problem... or pets may have AoE damage resistance to help mitigate the weakness if it proved too strong against them.

Alright, so how would the tactician play? I was thinking kind of like a Pikmin master style play. Your basic attacks could "mark" an enemy, and cause your summons to attack with their basic attacks, as an example. Maybe right clicking to order an archer NPC to move away from an enemy, or reach a more advantageous position of higher ground. Your combos, on the other hand, could provide things like beneficial buffs to your summons, and perhaps debuffs to enemies. (Maybe even team mates as well when it comes to buffs.)

Some skills might be implemented to where you can "order" summons to use certain moves for damage/effects.

With this type of playstyle, you could be just what the name implies. A tactician. You could manage your small team of troops, giving them orders, buffing/debuffing, and avoiding/protecting yourself from the enemy. As an enemy, would you head straight for the one controlling the NPCs, risking whatever plan the tactician might have in that scenario? Would you first take out the troops, and then chase down the leader?

But wait! What about troop survivability/damage? This would be one of the hardest parts to balance. (Just look at the Tamer pet at higher levels.) You'd have to make the troops scale somehow, but not to the extent that each one was on par with a player. You'd need to make it so with the troops and tactician combined, they'd be on equal footing with another equally geared player in a one vs one scenario. I already mentioned the tactician having a lower natural hp pool, but sharing damage with his troops, and the possible AoE mitigation for troops. Maybe the troops would have their own equipment as well, which would be based on the characters equipment that the Tactician was wearing, including it's enhancement level.

The other challenge would be balancing out troop "Respawn" rally times.

Anyhow... this is my suggestion. I will most certainly have more thoughts to add to this in the future, and I hope people will read it and give their thoughts as well. Until then, take care everyone and have fun!

P.S. Maybe the NPC Troops would also share the style of costume your character wears. :Ptumblr_mndw8z5DzA1qg641po1_500.jpg

Posted

Zuo Ci? No thanks

1 person likes this

Posted

Zuo Ci? No thanks

Not necessarily him, I was just thinking along what may fit aesthetically along with all the other stuff in the game. Otherwise, thank you for your great input....

Posted

Maybe named something else... All I see is:

latest?cb=20150928013842&path-prefix=pro