• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Connection to the server has been lost.

334 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So, I'm never one to complain or vent my frustrations on the forums but this is one of the only times that I have been pushed beyond my limitations. I made my characters, and I pick a channel to go into, then select my character, and as soon as I try to log in the message "Connection to the Server has been lost" and then the game just closes. I've tried everything in the books to try and fix this issue, but nothing seems to help. This is extremely irritating because two days of my head start, have been nullified because of this issue and it seems to be a known issue because many other people are having it, and for the life of me I can't see why their isn't a fix for this. Even though I've tried basically everything I could find in the forums, if anyone has an idea's or thoughts, please share them as this makes me just not want to play anymore.

2016-02-29_1652619068.JPG

Edited by CalypsoX
9 people like this

Posted

There are a lot of people with this same problem. They continue to ignore us. 

I'm going to bring a class action lawsuit against Daum for those of us that can't even play the game. It may take a couple weeks to go through the processing, but if by then there's still no fix then it will be followed through with.

$100 may not be much to some people, but it's mainly the principle of it. And to some people, $100 really is a lot and there's better thing they could have spent it on than a game they can't play. Daum shouldn't be rewarded with our money when they can't provide us with their product, and chose to ignore us.

For more information on my class action lawsuit, just message me.

28 people like this

Posted (edited)

I think there are issues in the cache when updates happen. I had the same issue and was able to get right in after deleting the user cache folder in BDO game documents.

Go to C:\Users\User\Documents\Black Desert and delete the User Cache folder then try to connect again. 

It fixed the issue for me.

Also, no reason to sue a game if you aren't tech saavy. There is probably going to be a patch to fix this here in the next couple of weeks. The team is busy with their launch to make it as smooth as possible.

Edited by zigmover
2 people like this

Posted

I think there are issues in the cache when updates happen. I had the same issue and was able to get right in after deleting the user cache folder in BDO game documents.

Go to C:\Users\User\Documents\Black Desert and delete the User Cache folder then try to connect again. 

It fixed the issue for me.

Also, no reason to sue a game if you aren't tech saavy. There is probably going to be a patch to fix this here in the next couple of weeks. The team is busy with their launch to make it as smooth as possible.

I tried the cache fix and nothing happened. I still have the same issue.

Posted

I have tried logging in since yesterday when i got access.  I have tried EU server, NA server, every channel available and each time it says connection to the server has been lost.  Tried disabling firewall, removed avast, still wont connect.  Its totally baffling

Posted

I sent in a support ticket as well. I have two youtube videos of me having this same issue. http://youtu.be/JDlvCiivSuM is the most recent one and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw4tqPIktXE is from the Beta. 

I'm getting really annoyed, I got the Pre-Order Travelers package and I cant even get in game. This is frustrating as hell. I've tried the cache thing, and that hasn't worked. It takes me two days to install BDO so uninstalling and re-installing is it kind of out of the question.

1 person likes this

Posted

Okay so for some reason when i hook directly into my router it works. But as soon as a switch to wifi, i disconnect. And there is nothing wrong with m wifi at all. Just wanted to share incase anyone wants to try to temporarily fix this until they finally patch it.

Posted

Just keep entering, worked for me xD

Posted

Just keep entering, worked for me xD

wish i could keep trying but every time it D/Cs me i have to restart my computer for it to have internet again, weirdest damn thing.

Posted

this is only for the people who lost connection to the server when the screen loads sorry for the others alright 

first step is make your character and if you already got good

second step choose a server any dont matter 

third step connect to server does not matter which you picks then when the guy is running from the black thing go to not responding and take you back to the main screen so when it does that dont click enter or yes just go to start game again start from 2 step into third step 

4th step when the guy is running from the black thing again it will load the game this time but you only got 3-2 secs to push esc on the video that it plays so hurry up and tell me if it worked are not 

i hope this work because it worked for me but i think its the entrance video that causes the lost connection to the server they need to work on that ill spread the word for this on diffirent topics

Posted (edited)

So this may be hindsight, but I've been plagued with this issue. I figured out that every time I try to connect with my character, I double click connect thinking that's what's required to connect to the game from the character select screen. If you are a person that also does this, try clicking connect once and let it load. I'm thinking at least for my situation, the system reads a double connection and boots me after I load the world.

TL:DR - Single click connect at the character select screen.

Edited by Prinny
Adding a TL:DR

Posted

wish i could keep trying but every time it D/Cs me i have to restart my computer for it to have internet again, weirdest damn thing.

That is weird. O.o

Posted

This had been happening to me on and off but now i cant get in at all, 10 seconds and i'm booted out.

Posted

same issue, keep getting booted after about 10 seconds in

Posted

Same problem, let's get into details here:

- Whenever I choose to connect with a char (coz I have been able to play until sunday, thus got a few already), the screen on the left where your character is depicted gets full orange/yellowish and you have to click "connect" again in order to get into the loading screen.

- Now into the game: Rarely it kicks me out during the loading screen with the message "connection with the server has been lost" but sometimes I get to load the game and the wonderful message welcoming me to black desert appears but I can't even get round to claim the daily login reward because I'm actually already disconnected again, I can't do anything but running around until, displaying the much less appreciated message of losing connection with the server, the game decides to close itself after hitting enter...

That's all folks, system requirements are (more than) met but to be save everything is on the lowest end possible (although I have been playing with the highest until sunday). No, nothing is running in the background, I'm not using wifi. I'm starting to be pretty sure the problem is on their end...

Fix asap, I paid you money to play the game so it's the least you can do to actually let me play the game...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Dev's

@GM_Gemu

I was experiencing this issue yesterday(07.03.2016 around 10pm GMT+1). I found out that if i use a VPN(to connect from an other country) it worked.
I'm from switzerland and it did not work through normal connection. I set up a VPN via france and worked on the first try.

At least for me the reason was not:
1) Corrupt Cache
2) Version mismatch on a certain file
3) A forced kick by XIGNCODE3

(I also tried to connect to via a UK-VPN, but the vpn connection didnt even get up)
So either it was just coincidence that my ISP had problems routing certain connections to certain locations

or

maybe your network/ISP is blocking certain routings/ip blocks.

I have no idea how your network looks like, where your servers are located or what provider u have, but I know that every clue helps while trying to fix any IT-Problem...

Hope i could help and you guys can solve it!

Cheers

Edit1:

08.03.2016 5pm: This time I used a german VPN...works perfectly once the VPN is up

Edited by Largo
1 person likes this

Posted

Same issues as above, though problem only starts around 530 pm brisbane, australia time. 10 pm and still no connection. Same sort of crap happened to many australians with wild star, na servers load up as the asian pacific people come online for the nite and then decide ooo your australian, deny access. People left wildstar in droves due to that problem and I dare say this game too if the issue is not resolved soon. On that note it doesn't matter if your telstra or optusnet, people from both providers are suffering, though weirdly not all. Must be online games hate us aussies so much to cripple our game play even more than having sad pings for pvp. Also before anyone starts, no not wasting more RL cash on a vpn. Lotro, SWTOR, or guild wars2 have no issues so why cant a new modern, fresh game match those ancient games.

Posted

[Update]

So today I was actually able to login AND claim my login-rewards before disconnecting. It felt awesome escpecially since it was during the evening, while the servers were most crowded and I haven't even been able to connect this morning where they we're not crowded, so my issue probably has nothing to do with this.

Has anybody ever heard anything of the devs concerning this matter anyway?

Posted

i think largo might be on to something, im from germany but i still got this issue.

Posted

I also have been having this exact same problem for the last few days. I find it hard to believe that everyones cache is to blame. No I think this issue lies with the company and they are ignoring us. I just feel annoyed that I spent $60 on a game I can't even play! How frustrating.

10589170_903540509766070_942466255_o.jpg

Posted

Ive also had this issue, I haven't been able to get past the loading screen once. I did receive an email from gm huego about tomorrows maintenance dealing with network issues, but since there has been no forum announcement on this, I don't know if thats trustworthy or if its just something to make me feel better while i wait.

Posted

I have the same problem... I want to play badly and it just doesnt connect! I have tried the VPN route, it didnt work. Daum if you dont fix this I think youre going to have a pretty bad rep.

Posted

Same here! Can't even stay in-game for more than 10 secs! Nonetheless, get a reply from channel to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. ;(

Posted

This is still a major problem..not fixed properly.

Posted

it been like 2 week..i cant even play yet..i got luckly few time few days ago but this is fking piss taking..alot of people are playing while some of us are sitting and waiting to get ingame..i mean wtf?? i paid for this.. its been 2 week almost  fking fix this or return my money...wht a disappointment. i cant even get ingame.. i go as far as loading screen and  it says 'connection to server is lost'

pls..fix it i been patient for so long  damit

1 person likes this