• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Connection to the server has been lost.

334 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone, I just got a reply for BDO, saying the following:

I am sorry to hear you are having some connectivity troubles.  I can see from the WinMTR results that you've provided that you have some high latency from the start of the connection.  I suggest giving your router a restart and you may want to contact your ISP to investigate the issue.  You can also try the following to ensure the error doesn't exist on your machine.

Can you please open a command prompt and type this command:
netsh int ip reset c resetlog.txt

This is a command in windows to reset the TCP/IP. TCP/IP stands for Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol, and it is a type of protocol used to communicate with other computers. If your computer is able to ping other IP addresses and you are still not able to pull up any webpages then reset the TCP/IP by using the above command.

If the above doesn't work, we also suggest performing a DNS cache clear to solve the issue:

Windows 8/10
1. On your keyboard, press Win+X to open the WinX Menu.
2. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
3. Run the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
4. If the command succeeds, the system returns the following message: Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

It seems like they are trying to help us, although I know none of this has worked for me. I'll contact them again telling them nothing worked and see if they'll look further into it, although I'm not sure they will. I hope any of this'll work for you guys, you can always try.

I'll post again if anything changes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello everyone, I just got a reply for BDO, saying the following:

I am sorry to hear you are having some connectivity troubles.  I can see from the WinMTR results that you've provided that you have some high latency from the start of the connection.  I suggest giving your router a restart and you may want to contact your ISP to investigate the issue.  You can also try the following to ensure the error doesn't exist on your machine.

Can you please open a command prompt and type this command:
netsh int ip reset c resetlog.txt

This is a command in windows to reset the TCP/IP. TCP/IP stands for Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol, and it is a type of protocol used to communicate with other computers. If your computer is able to ping other IP addresses and you are still not able to pull up any webpages then reset the TCP/IP by using the above command.

If the above doesn't work, we also suggest performing a DNS cache clear to solve the issue:

Windows 8/10
4. If the command succeeds, the system returns the following message: Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

It seems like they are trying to help us, although I know none of this has worked for me. I'll contact them again telling them nothing worked and see if they'll look further into it, although I'm not sure they will. I hope any of this'll work for you guys, you can always try.

THz but not resolved the problem.

Posted

H
Windows 8/10

Hello and thanks for your help,
unfortunately I have not solved the problem ...
This thing is making me really exasperating ..

Posted (edited)

Quite possibly a red herring but I have noticed that all my successful log ins seem to contain this line in the logfiles -

(1883292737) Development log!=>하나의 모델이 다수의 bone과 연결되어 있음: 3_NPC/NHM_Adult/NHM_Adult_Dusters_0001.pac

Don't know what it means, but all of the logfiles where I've been disconnected before getting into the game don't contain this line...

Edit< probly just the game loading my char... so on the ones where I crash it doesn't get as far as loading my char, no news there then

Updated again to say that it improved after last reset so maybe my issue was related to the partial patches that were being applied?  No insta-DCs since then anyway and I've even managed a little combat without being DCd too...

Edited by Tacu

Posted

Same issue after two months no fix anywhere. 

Posted

It seemed to have improved in a former update, but now it's back to instant disconnections again.. 

Every time they seemed to have somewhat fixed it, another update ruins it again. :( 

Posted

Game is unplayable for me aswell.. getting constant disconnects every 5-10minutes.. and i just spend 50€ on this.. Elder Scrolls Online had ZERO problems.. holy hell, this is infuriating.. and the sad thing is, no dev gives a sh!t.. thousands of people are affected and can't play the game and we get no help at all..

2 people like this

Posted

I got another reply saying that it could also be my DirectX. I couldn't fix it but maybe someone knows how to. Just run DxDiag to see if there's something wrong with your DirectX. If multiple people have an error in DirectX, it could be the problem.

Game is unplayable for me aswell.. getting constant disconnects every 5-10minutes.. and i just spend 50€ on this.. Elder Scrolls Online had ZERO problems.. holy hell, this is infuriating.. and the sad thing is, no dev gives a sh!t.. thousands of people are affected and can't play the game and we get no help at all..

They are trying to help, but it seems they just can't figure out what the problem is. The Moderator I talked to really did his best to help, but couldn't help any more since he already ruled out every possibility he could think of.

Posted (edited)

Am I the only one who finds all these suggested workarounds kind of absurd? If you buy a game you shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to get to play it, and any company that suggests doing so rather than actually fixing the problem isn't worth supporting financially.

Edited by Noseface
2 people like this

Posted

Hi all, I can't be sure this wasn't purely coincidental and I didn't read all 10 pages here.  But after spending an evening losing server connection every 5 minutes, I tried logging in, opening the game menu that comes up if you hit esc when in the game and hitting the escape option which looks like a guy in the water waving for help. (if you haven't seen it before)   

As I said at the beginning, I can't be sure if it fixed anything.. But the problem was immediately gone and it hasn't lost server again since for me.  hth. 

Posted

ive been having this happen lately and when ever it does my modem logs this error "DNS name resolution failure (ipa-a.blackdesertonline.net.srip.net)" im not sure if it means anything to anyone but thought i might post it

Posted

This thread is like a year old, stop necro'ing it people! 

This PROBLEM is a year old. Why isn't it fixed? Or have a consistent workaround?

Posted (edited)

Doesn't matter how old the thread is.

I also keep getting this error message frequently. I have no idea, why this happens to me. I just disconnect from the game and then I'll have to restart the client, it's annoying.

Edited by Two-Tu
1 person likes this

Posted

Bought this game on 2/11 and have not been able to play it with all the disconnects. 

I only have Wi-FI and cannot plug into LAN. 

Black Desert Online needs to hire better engineers to fix their shi*.

This game should not be a LAN only game, period. 

Posted

I get knocked back to the start screen when my character tries to load in.  Once upon a time you could ignore the message saying you lost the connection, and just select the start option again and it would usually load in successfully on the second or third try.  But now the other options are disabled so the game just closes and I can't log in.  So they nerfed the one work around for the constant server disconnects?  WHY???

1 person likes this

Posted

I get knocked back to the start screen when my character tries to load in.  Once upon a time you could ignore the message saying you lost the connection, and just select the start option again and it would usually load in successfully on the second or third try.  But now the other options are disabled so the game just closes and I can't log in.  So they nerfed the one work around for the constant server disconnects?  WHY???

same problems since yesterday patch i logged once and now i get only this bug each time i connect ...

Posted

Same here. Before the patch, whenever this happened, i could click on Start again and I managed to connect to the server i previously selected. Now it´s impossible to connect to the game as it throws me back to the startscreen without any option to play. Sorry, but this is inacceptable. 

Posted (edited)

Same here can't play!

Edited by Lynamia

Posted (edited)

I have the same problem as the 4 people before me. Since the start of BDO I've never been able to connect on the first try. I get send back with the "Connection to the server has been lost" message. I then pressed start again and the second time it always connected and I could play fine. Now I can't press start anymore, I can't login at all. I tried many different things, but nothing works. I also contacted costumer support, but they didn't even read my problem carefully because they gave advise that didn't make sense for my problem.
So now I'm stuck unable to play until I can press start again.... hope they fix this.

Edited by Maryllis

Posted

yeah, im having that problem now, used to be able to log in after the first connection to server has been lost. now i can't. wtf is going on

Posted

Why oh Why...  It has been a challenge to connect to this game with having to do multiple attempts but now that you can't hit start again... this is too crazy.  I deleted the cache.. I only hit selected toon one time... Still no success... I see they did a mini patch for something but it didn't help me what ever it was. 

Posted

I created a topic about the "Start" button becoming unclickable after a disconnect as of the latest patch, unaware that this topic was also talking about it...

It's been 24hrs and we have no response from Kakao... There are a lot of players unable to access the game now, this is unacceptable!

As if having us go through 2-3 connect attempts wasn't enough, now they completely shut us off...

Posted

i tried doing the fix by deleting the version data and having it reinstall kind of thing, but it didn't work

Posted

Exactly! Yet, it's been 24hrs and we still have no response...

A temporary fix that worked for me:

Launch the game in full-screen mode -> get to the character selection screen -> Open Task Manager and end all Coherent UI tasks -> log on the character that is at the least populated area -> If you succeed, immediately switch characters (because you may get disconnected after 10-20 sec) -> should be good to go

Looks like as long as you're on loading screens and keeping Coherent UI from eating your CPU the game slowly loads enough content to stay connected... so stupid...

Was finally able to stay connected

Posted (edited)

Connecting a character not in a town work for me. After I can easily switch.

Edited by Lynamia