• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Connection to the server has been lost.

334 posts in this topic

Posted

Also adding my 2 cents.

Been experiencing constant disconnects as well.

BDO seems to have been a waste of money.

1 person likes this

Posted

Same here,  Really began for me when the server merges took place.  Since then I get to the loading screen , and the pop ups then lose connection.  No been able to play properly at all.  Support says check my internet, clear resolver cache.... Yeah did that. This is on your end  BDO not mine.

Has anyone tried to remove BDO from system and reinstall from scratch?

probably, i could try but even my buddy who just installed the game experienced the same thing but he has better chances of even playing.

Posted

Seriously. If you can't fix the start button. At least fix this -.-

1 person likes this

Posted

Going 3 days and I still cannot play the game and I'm getting pissed off. It will just finish loading the game, let you see your character standing and moving, nothing is responding, then after a few seconds getting kicked off the game. I severely regret buying pearls it would have been easier if i didn't buy some for me to just quit the game altogether. 

5 people like this

Posted

I am having the same issue. I hope this is resolved soon, who is going to look after the horses while I am gone? :(

Posted

I've been playing again since start of february or something. Never had any problems except sometimes at night I got disconnected after logging in.

Today I was afk training my horse and when I came back to my computer my bdo crashed and didnt want to start back up. As a result I restarted my computer (Ive installed windows 10 since last week). This prompted the installation of update: Windows 10 update KB4013429

Now whenever I log in I get disconnected within 5 minutes - no errors no nothing. Would very much appreciate if someone could look into it the silence on this issue is just heartbreaking.

Posted

I've been playing again since start of february or something. Never had any problems except sometimes at night I got disconnected after logging in

Now whenever I log in I get disconnected within 5 minutes - no errors no nothing. Would very much appreciate if someone could look into it the silence on this issue is just heartbreaking.

Don't hold your breath.  I am still having this issue too since around the time of the server merges.   They (BDO support) have had me try many different things,  VPN tunnels, change my network setting, switch my DNS resolvers to Google. etc...   It seems they are just guessing what the issue is.   I can occasionally connect after many attempts trying alts.  Once connected I can play for hours.  Just that initial connection is hard to achieve.  I still have not been able to connect since yesterdays patch though.  I am about ready to abandon the game.   It is a shame I was still enjoying it until this issue made it unplayable for me.

1 person likes this

Posted

This has been going on for ages now. Dear Kakao, do address this in a concrete way or this game will eventually die.

I've just spent an hour and a half trying to connect without any success. Earlier this afternoon, the same thing happened and I have tried for nearly 2 hours. I've been experiencing this since I bought the game, honestly, and while I reckon it might, after all, be an issue originating from our ISP, I think that you guys not shedding some light on how you are addressing the issue is just idiotic. Although, what drives me completely nuts is: the option to retry connecting via "Start" button upon a lost connection instance was our only hope in such cases, and YOU GUYS HAD TO TAKE THAT AWAY FROM US TOO! Dead on, truly dead on.

I mean, yeah, pretty sure all those reconnection attempts were affecting other players' game experience or whatever. I - could - not - care - less. I paid for a game I can't even play.. hell, a game I can't even START UP properly.

I love this game but, really: solve this or go to hell.

PS. Actually, I was able to connect once today: I bought 2000 daum cash, bought pearls, spent them all in the pearl shop and only then got DCed. You get what you give, they said.. 

1 person likes this

Posted

This has been going on for ages now. Dear Kakao, do address this in a concrete way or this game will eventually die.

I've just spent an hour and a half trying to connect without any success. Earlier this afternoon, the same thing happened and I have tried for nearly 2 hours. I've been experiencing this since I bought the game, honestly, and while I reckon it might, after all, be an issue originating from our ISP, I think that you guys not shedding some light on how you are addressing the issue is just idiotic. Although, what drives me completely nuts is: the option to retry connecting via "Start" button upon a lost connection instance was our only hope in such cases, and YOU GUYS HAD TO TAKE THAT AWAY FROM US TOO! Dead on, truly dead on.

I mean, yeah, pretty sure all those reconnection attempts were affecting other players' game experience or whatever. I - could - not - care - less. I paid for a game I can't even play.. hell, a game I can't even START UP properly.

I love this game but, really: solve this or go to hell.

PS. Actually, I was able to connect once today: I bought 2000 daum cash, bought pearls, spent them all in the pearl shop and only then got DCed. You get what you give, they said.. 

why even buy if you know you can t play the game ^^ keep throwing your money and them the dont mind:P

Posted (edited)

Don't hold your breath.  I am still having this issue too since around the time of the server merges.   They (BDO support) have had me try many different things,  VPN tunnels, change my network setting, switch my DNS resolvers to Google. etc...   It seems they are just guessing what the issue is.   I can occasionally connect after many attempts trying alts.  Once connected I can play for hours.  Just that initial connection is hard to achieve.  I still have not been able to connect since yesterdays patch though.  I am about ready to abandon the game.   It is a shame I was still enjoying it until this issue made it unplayable for me.

mate I got EXACT SAME -----ING PROBLEM. only fix seems to keep launching BDO till it doesn't crash first few minutes then I can play for hours on end. 

LIKE FIX THIS SHIT ALREADY OR ADDRESS THE ISSUE. JESUS CHRIST. I see posts about this issue after patches since jan/feb.

Edited by Imperfectluck
1 person likes this

Posted

Simply can't play the game. It's that terrible. Servers are dying and being -----y. 
Log in to any character regardless, everything lags and loads terribly slow - then game crashes and boots me for connection errors. 

1 person likes this

Posted

so they aren't gonna try and fix the disconnection and lag?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

so they aren't gonna try and fix the disconnection and lag?

The support person that responded to my ticket today said he has never heard of this problem before!!! WTF!!  I guess no one else had submitted a ticket about server connections lost before?   I told him to look at the support forums to get some insight.  LOL   So, assume that no. they are clueless , and no fix is in the works.  Bottom line. save your money, don't use the cash shop - maybe that will get their attention.

Edited by Rask
spelling
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hey there,

This is a well known connection issue message, that can be caused for a lot of different reasons, and can sometimes require extensive troubleshooting. One of them is that your graphics card is not able to handle the load of the game. You can see the model of your graphics card by using DxDiag:

• Open your start menu.
  • Search for "DxDiag". (If you are using Windows 10, you can type it in immediately after opening the start menu)
  • Open DxDiag and let it finish the analysis.
  • Go to the "Display" tab. ("Display 1" if you have multiple monitors)
  • The name of your graphics card is shown at the "Device" box.

If your graphics card name contains the word "Intel", then unfortunately this means your system is using an integrated graphics card and is unable to load the game assets.

You can find the minimum system requirements for Black Desert Online here:

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210761169-System-Requirements

In case your graphics card is above the minimum system requirements but you are still experiencing this issue, please make a ticket so we can further look into it.

Edited by GM_Horizon

Posted

I decided to finally submit a ticket but I doubt the help needed will happen. :/

I'm quite disappointed.. the game worked once before and I do hope it works again.

Posted

Hey there,

This is a well known connection issue message, that can be caused for a lot of different reasons, and can sometimes require extensive troubleshooting. One of them is that your graphics card is not able to handle the load of the game. You can see the model of your graphics card by using DxDiag:

• Open your start menu.
  • Search for "DxDiag". (If you are using Windows 10, you can type it in immediately after opening the start menu)
  • Open DxDiag and let it finish the analysis.
  • Go to the "Display" tab. ("Display 1" if you have multiple monitors)
  • The name of your graphics card is shown at the "Device" box.

If your graphics card name contains the word "Intel", then unfortunately this means your system is using an integrated graphics card and is unable to load the game assets.

You can find the minimum system requirements for Black Desert Online here:

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210761169-System-Requirements

In case your graphics card is above the minimum system requirements but you are still experiencing this issue, please make a ticket so we can further look into it.

Been there done that.  That explanation does not match the symptoms I have.  Why can I connect once and play for hours, log off for dinner etc, they try again and get many server disconnected messages in a row. WinMTR Network pings, software and CPU hardware not changed one bit. GPU,CPU Temperatures, all ok,  No other software I am running has an issue.

I believe there is some network infrastructure problem with your server farm or login token passing code.   I have an open ticket for this issue for the last couple months.

2 people like this

Posted

Been there done that.  That explanation does not match the symptoms I have.  Why can I connect once and play for hours, log off for dinner etc, they try again and get many server disconnected messages in a row. WinMTR Network pings, software and CPU hardware not changed one bit. GPU,CPU Temperatures, all ok,  No other software I am running has an issue.

I believe there is some network infrastructure problem with your server farm or login token passing code.   I have an open ticket for this issue for the last couple months.

This. I can't load into the game on an OC'd 980ti in optimization mode. This is 100% on their end

Posted

I am on Calpheon 3 and have been disconnected 4 times today and have experienced lag.

Posted (edited)

Same problem for me too.

I'm glad i never bought the game (7-Day-Trail). No solution for months...

(Note to myself, never buy this game! Security alerts with no reasons and while in settings.)

Edited by Ex4iR

Posted

Never had a single connection problem before servers merged.

Now logging in and staying connected is a complete cluster f^%$.

Support Ticket Submitted

The answer I got....It JUST HAS to be something on your end. It's not us. No Sir, those BDO servers are just bomb proof. Never heard of a connection issue. Must be something the player has done because our Servers just ROCK!

Did every test asked of me and beyond. Guess what. No problems on my end. Just like everyone else I can connect to everything and everyone else perfectly fine except the BDO servers.

I can't recommend the game to anyone because I paid for something I can't actually use, with a company that has no intention of fixing it.

Posted

Dear Idiots running the servers:

The "Turtle" approach many companies use towards their I.T. issues will not work here

You have a genuine problem with server disconnects. Maybe stump up for a proper translator for the game-to-server logs on your end. because the client logs are a -----ing joke.

You are welcome for this unbelievably smart idea

J

1 person likes this

Posted

IM SO FREAKING DONE AND SO PISSED OF THIS ISSUE HASNT BEEN SOLVED FOR AGES FK THIS SH1T YES I BOUGHT SHIT LOADS OF PEARLS AND SUPPORTED THE GAME AND THEY DONT EVEN BOTHER TO FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM I CANT LOGIN IN EU SERVER EVERY FREAKING 10 MIN GETTING DISCONNECTED FROM THE GAME, I DONT HAVE PROBLEM WITH MY ISP AND INTERNET CONNECTION ITS STABLE AS FK FIX THE DAMN ISSUE PLZ ! 

Posted

Been having disconnects frequently about every 10-15 minutes all day, been running completely fine up until now.

I was online for about 3 days straight prior to this and nothing has changed on my end, I'm on the same computer and same internet connection.

Posted (edited)

Why you disconnect me? "Kicks rock"  :(

Edited by SpicyRamen
1 person likes this

Posted

Hi guys i had this problem too and i wrote a ticket to support they told me that my grahphics card is not strong enough i dont udnerstand what my graphichs card has to do with the loss of connection to the server.