• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Connection to the server has been lost.

334 posts in this topic

Posted

Not sure if this will help anyone here, but since launch I’ve tended to get the following (particularly during prime time evening hours):

I log in to Orwen, select my character, the game loads enough for me to run around before I get kicked back to the login screen again.  Usually about 30 seconds, sometimes a bit longer.  Re-selecting the same character or other characters yields the same result, log in, run around for 30 seconds and get booted. 

Sometimes it sticks and I get to play before ending the night with a random disconnect.  Most of the time it just boots me back to the start screen. 

I’ll be honest, I probably wont fight with this game much longer.  I’m having fun but it really does not want me to log in and there are a whole lot of other games to play that do not have connection problems.

That said, the one and only solution I’ve found that mostly works (not always but a higher percent of the time) seems to be logging in with a VPN.  For whatever reason, the VPN fixes the disconnect issue most of the time.  Why I should have to use a VPN and the added ping that entails to connect to a US server I have no idea, I’ve never had this much of a problem connecting to an MMO before.

To me it makes it feel like the problem isn’t the game client, network speed or the servers themselves but the route between the client and the server (no amount of game patching will fix that).  Maybe the traffic looks too much like peer-to-peer which ISPs love to block.

In any case if you’re having problems being disconnected try a VPN and you might have to try a couple servers until you find a clean route.

Posted

Just replyin to strengthen OP' s case.  I also commented on other threads listing this problem.

I was unable to play for hours - I then tried a char in starting area thinking maybe that would not be overcrowded and left the char on fishing for the night.

This morning there is about $10,000 silver out of my bag!

Posted

try to switch channels, idk but i was getting kicked from the channels esp when it becomes overcrowded, i then changed channels so far so good, must be something at their end kick players whenever their channels are being filled, esp if u enter an overcrowded channel when u login i guessing here tho...

Posted

im also having issues with disconnects,server lost etc,.. usually i can log in to game, but everything lags with a few seconds, also sometimes I even cant move around.. when it is like that i get server lost/disconnected quite fast... sometimes the game lags out and disconnects from server before i even reach the character selection menu..

its been like this since headstart,not many days ive been able to play cause of this issue(and yes i have been trying to log on different times,, mornings,afternoons and nights,had same issue on all times),  when the game do works as intended all is fine,but its kinda tirering when that only happens 1 out of 3 days or something like that...

is this something Daum is looking into? r you planning to increase the servers capacity,? i bet its servers that's overloaded causing this but maybe is this some bugg or possibly client/data issue on my side?  I'm playing on Alustin server and are connecting from sweden, launcher says i have Europe client..., i know its early in the launch n things like this is to be expected so I'm patient  ,but some word about status would be nice

Posted

The connection lost issue happens even on low pop channels early in the morning. For me the issue started midway thru the second CBT.

1 person likes this

Posted

People on reddit or forum kept saying this is one of the most successful mmorpg launch they have seen...Well it is not to me and many other it seems. The dc issue seems to be deeper than simple server overload as it happens regularly(albeit slightly lower frequency at midnight) throughout the whole day. It's two weeks after launch now and they aren't even acknowledging this issue on the Q&A they did today(check reddit or general forum). They think they can get away with every issue just by saying they are understaffed.

Alright, to sum it up. ----- you for not giving out refund. Such bullshit 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi guys, was finally able to log in today I don't know how long I have until I get DC'ed but here is what I did and I sure hope this helps a lot of people >< I opened up my task manager then go to processes and shut down the black desert file. Now after doing this I still got the connection lost but I tried a few more times and it worked. I'll keep you guys updated if I get DC'ed right now I want to help everyone whose having trouble logging in.

Posted

Also getting the same DC issue when connecting to the game. Have tried EVERYTHING, At last I resorted to a VPN. Actually allowed me to log straight in. Here is the one I use and its completely free - http://download.cnet.com/Betternet/3000-2144_4-76276273.html

Hope that this means at least some of you will be able to play till Daum fixes this crap.

Posted (edited)

Just wanted to update... haven't done much changes on computer.. but for past 24 hours.. I have been able to stay connected, switched to alts.. and back.. even changed channels... and stayed logged in...

not sure if it will DC me later on or not.. but for now I was able to get some good AFK fishing done, and some quests done... will come back if i DC again...

after a good 24 hours of off/on playing and a bunch of afk fishing... it finally lost connection/DC'd.... now I wonder if it will have a bunch of DC's again... 

and after 9-10 hours.. got DC'd again... see.. random DC's?  I don't know ...

Edited by InfluenzaCoughsalot
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Pissed to, on Serendia A1, every 2-3 Minutes Disconnects. While killing Giants (lost 1% EP cause disconnect and giants killed me, thanks for that) or enter my own house in Calpheon. Relog, log to Twink, unplug my router from everything for 20 minutes, no positive results.

The curious: On Balenos A1 seems all fine now. Since 10 minutes no disconnect whoa!

Edited by Ketago

Posted

Just putting my name in the hat, same DC story.  It's really intermittent though, I've been able to play for hours no problem (enough to get all three characters post 15lvls) on some days and the last 3 or so it's been non stop disconnects.  I think I had one clean 45 minute session today and I've tried sporadically since 7am.

Posted

Jordine, every channel ( i tried them all by now) connection lost after 3-5 minutes

Posted

Hey everyone,

So I submitted a ticket (5 days ago, lol) and here's the response.

"Please forgive us for the late reply. We currently have an increased amount of enquiries, which could delay our response time.

I can confirm that we are looking into this. We are perform a server upgrade on the 23rd of March which should resolve your connection problem."

So let's cross our figures and hope things are better tomorrow. If not I'll probably move on from the game and come back in a month or so.

Posted

I can confirm that we are looking into this. We are perform a server upgrade on the 23rd of March which should resolve your connection problem."

Heh, we will see... ¬¬

Posted

After 22 march "mainetance" i got constant DC also since start there is problem with synchronisation during grabs evansion pvp just does not exist also fight fight with monsters like trolls you are behind them and still they hit you...

Posted (edited)

Patching today.  Anyone know if they fixed the issue in the update?

Update: Along with the issue still occurring, my temporary solution no longer works. There's also an increase of the window not responding.

Update #2: As far as the temp solution, it won't work on servers I haven't connected to before.  It will work on Uno, the server I used before the update.  

Edited by Musiculia

Posted

More information updates:
I have a friend that fixed her issue by reinstalling.  Because my computer went into sleep mode while it was installing the first time, I'm going to try reinstalling it while keeping my computer from hibernating or sleeping.  

Posted

bump

Posted (edited)

they ignored the other 16 page thread with this title and topic so may as well just start reversing the cc payments since they obviously dont care enough to even acknowledge the problem

Edited by NZ1

Posted

Update: Reinstalling did absolutely nothing.

Also, they acknowledged the issue, and they've written in the "Known Issues" post that they don't know the cause or solution yet.  They know about it, but they're taking their sweet time fixing it.  I feel like they're probably overcomplicating it while they look into it rather than just looking at the connections and finding the common error.

Posted

Crashing at random times (mostly in combat, so I've died 1/3 of the times I DC lol)

I pulled the crash log, and I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if the Cef Browser is part of the game or not:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BEX
  Application Name:    DGCefBrowser.exe
  Application Version:    1.0.0.3
  Application Timestamp:    56d05e39
  Fault Module Name:    DGCefBrowser.exe
  Fault Module Version:    1.0.0.3
  Fault Module Timestamp:    56d05e39
  Exception Offset:    0013ad65
  Exception Code:    c0000417
  Exception Data:    00000000
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    2057
  Additional Information 1:    9d68
  Additional Information 2:    9d68505f7d71e825795289a6a2b739dc
  Additional Information 3:    91f0
  Additional Information 4:    91f0733f81ad66ac93ef654b26ee8df6

Posted

The Cef Browser is the launcher for the game, it errors out quite a bit if you don't have DEP  turned on for all application (default is only windows application) It's a harmless error.  If you want to stop seeing the error just open up system properties, Advanced tab, Performance settings, Data Execution Prevention tab, Turn on for all programs. 

Cheers

Posted

I enjoy this game like really , ALOT . I have spent a few good dollars on the game hoping to enjoy myself , but how can I ?  It's like how can I master my class when i get a delay , then die like out of no where . Here is why i should not be having issues .

1. Paid good money for the game , same goes for all who has paid for the game right ? O.o

2. Have run as net speed of 32.47 mbps . That is decent net speed and I NEVER have issues with anything net wise unless a power outage .

3. Have a very Beefy gaming Pc That has been playing next generation games 50x better than consoles . Never had issues in games nor mmo games .

4.I have an up to date netgear model Router . Fully updated and no more than a year and a half old .

Out of all that . I do not understand why i seem to have this issue . I can stay in game for like ever long as i stay out of overpopulated areas . 

Though what gets me is my pc plays super smooth  maxed out graphics at 60 on the spot . So its not the overpopulation is it ? Though could be wrong correct me if so .

What pisses me off is my friend has like the lowest grade of technical network money can buy . I mean dirt poor network to to where it took him 4 to 5 days to download the game . Yet he NEVER disconnects or loses network . what.......the.....hell .

The question i wish to ask is if they are currently working on the network issues ? Since after all it does seem to be quite common and I feel that since this game is not free . This pretty much says every player in the game at the moment deserves the best connection to the game . Or at least varying on their net . 

I Have hope in you Daum ! Please get this issue resolved soon and I promise I will spend more on Ya'll Amazing shop ! 

The best Theory I could come up with is , satellite gets the better connection than local cable net . Due to the fact cable Travels locally through cables to reach the mothership then so on from there . I assume satellite gets better connection to the game than cable users due to the fact satellite travels better through space . There fore reaches over seas servers better than cable does . 

Then again I could be incorrect so please correct me if I am mistaken . 

Anyone can give me some useful information as to what I can do to resolve this issue of connection to server has been lost ?

Note : Do not recommend anything involving the top 4 . For I have tried Pretty much every possibility Involving the four .

Posted

Sooo I know this is an old post, but I just downloaded the game yesterday and have tried several times to get online, using multiple servers, deleting my cache, restarting, etc. None of those have worked. Based on the other comments here, this is not an uncommon issue. Has anyone found a solution or heard back from their tech support other than that bull crap update on March 23rd that apparently did nothing to solve the issue? If this game had been free to download I would just let it go, but this is not okay.